Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Redstone Cyclery

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  dirtydoug 
#1 ·
"Most righteous bike shop in the Rockies". So testified a guy sitting on the bench out front. He'd come to Colorado three years ago, Dave's shop was the first one he went into and he was hooked for life.

355 Main Street, Lyons. Right behind Oskar Blues.

Redstone has beefy trail bikes, Striders, road bikes...stuff...but best of all it's the positive upbeat attitude there.

And the hanging artwork.

Elite bike racers seek him out and plead "can I please autograph something for you?" Ivan Basso here:

Ned "The Lung" Overand:

Juli:

See less See more
#18 ·
Redstone is great. Lyons would suck for me without this shop. Now to derail this butt kissing session and for self interest I noticed xc guy you only got a shot of my front tire. Surprised as the bike is sweet and just happens to be for sale at Redstone. 2013 altitude with some extras only 20 hours on the bike.
Here's a better shot Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel rim

#2 ·
Someone here mentioned the "Reeb". Well, I finally got to see one. 29", single speed with belt drive. Pretty cool! (that's "Beer" backwards BTW):

Walls of stuff everywhere:

Dave multitasking (as people kept pouring into the shop):

Some cool swag near the entrance if you have a sharp eye:

#13 ·
Thanks for the good words everyone. We're small and we try to please. Most of the time it's great but there are always things we can improve upon. We are always listening so we appreciate the feedback.

Oh, and the XO is one of the few bikes I own that I can honestly say I'll never sell ;)

#15 ·
Moved out here from Georgia and miss the bike shops there. After going from one shop to another in Boulder and being "judged" as I walked in, or further more having the feeling of being scammed by mechanics, I find redstone is the best shop I've visited. Honest, laid back, great work, and even better atmosphere, I try to support them as much as possible. If rather drive the 20 minutes to Lyons than go around the corner to one of the close shops. I haven't introduced myself before, but thanks Dave appreciate it.

#20 ·
I live in Denver and Dave's shop is still my favorite shop in the Front Range. I'm completely comfortable passing the positive vibes cause I wish more bike shops were like this. His prices are good, his service is excellent, he's a stellar wrench, and he's just a damn good guy to talk to and have a beer with. It's a long drive for me, but definitely worth it if I need to make a big purchase. He stands behind the wheels he builds and the work he does. If his shop was closer I'd probably be a weekly visitor. I wish I could go on one of his Tuesday rides sometime, but working downtown Denver that will never happen during the week.

#22 ·
Thanks. Pm sent but you should talk to Redstone. They've got good amount of experience with 275 tracer, carbine, and altitudes.
I will say this after riding 29er for 8 years, visually 275 is not as offensive as 26"- nimbleness of bike is a plus. They say 275 is tweener. It's not, it is dirt bike tire size and what I'm getting when funds freed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.