mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Red Rocks Freeride Park Build Day - Saturday!

Tomorrow (Saturday October 7th) we will be having another build day where we do not run out of light! Build day will be 9am-12 noon. If you have Shovels, Spudbars, Posthole diggers please feel free to bring them along.

Don't forget to bring your bike and helmets, we still need 'test riders' for the stunts.

mtbr member
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when the park will be officialy open?

Another question will you be doing build days on every Saturday until its finished or is this Saturday a one time thing?

Cameron
    Go Big or Go Home

mtbr member
    The beginner section of the Park is currently slated to open November 2006.

The Saturday build days will start to become a permenant thing as long as there is enough work to do.

Hope to see you out there!

Shread Ready
    Sounds cool. I hope to check this out. Where is it at in Redrocks?
    Edit, NM I saw the other thread and realized this is in CS.. Bummer. looks pretty cool.

mtbr member
    Will there be a build day this Saturday (10/13)?

mtbr member
    YES Klaus, there will be a build day this weekend Saturday October 14th. I was having trouble with my ISP this morning so I was not able to post.

For anyone coming, please bring Corded or Cordless Powertools (saws, drills, etc), gloves, protective eyewear, and a bike/helmet.

I will not be there this weekend as I have to be out of town but it will be a big work day as there is much to do since all the footers are done!

mtbr member
    What time are they starting on Saturday?
    Go Big or Go Home

mtbr member
    Whops, should have posted time! Thanks Cameron (you'll get an email in a few minutes) ..

RRC Freeride Park build day
    - Saturday October 14th, 9am @ Red Rocks Open Space
    - bring work gloves, drills (corded or cordless!), saws (hand or power), no open-toed footwear.
    - A full Camelbak as you will probably get thirsty.
    - If it is your first time please see Cory, Tony, or Kris when you arrive.
    - Your bike!! Yes, you can ride the stunts after the day is over or go for a ride!

Hope lots of new faces show up!

Your retarded
    How long are you guys typically out there Joe?

mtbr member
    Nick, on Saturday's usually from 9-12 or a bit later, depending on people's schedule.. If you can make it to help out that would be awesome!

Wish I could make it this weekend... lots of fun stuff to do

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpimp
    Nick, on Saturday's usually from 9-12 or a bit later, depending on people's schedule.. If you can make it to help out that would be awesome!
    It's looking like I might be there. I'll bring gloves, but everything else in in storage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hay i would like to come, and i know directions have been posted on previous threads but..
    from denver how do i go..
    PS - w/ power drill.
    Are these worth bringing out my demo9?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What's the status on the park? Did it open in November as planned? Still having work days? I'm in town until early April and would like to check it out.

dwj
    mtbr member
    oh it's open. but there is only one area that has been developed. there are a few stunts on flat gound. there were two areas with some potential for some technical drop-in lines, but they built a fence along the bottom of one of those, so.... i'd rather save the gas and session the curb in front of my house.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwj
    oh it's open. but there is only one area that has been developed. there are a few stunts on flat gound. there were two areas with some potential for some technical drop-in lines, but they built a fence along the bottom of one of those, so.... i'd rather save the gas and session the curb in front of my house.
    well thanks for coming out and helping build ...

The park is NOT open yet as the City has not yet given it's blessing... hopefully it won't be too much longer.. have to do some cleaning due to the storms over the last couple months and then it should be ready to go with the new pump track and all! There are still 2 more sections in the works.. right now there is just a beginner area.

mtbr member
    So the question of the day is, When are we going to go out and get er done? I know with the weather its been kind of difficult, but things seem to be taking a turn for the better, at least temporarily.
    Go Big or Go Home

Your retarded
    dhpimp, I'd be down for another build day. The last one I went to was cool and pretty fun. Plus, it makes you really appreciate what you are riding... even if others think it's weaksauce.

Shoulda went faster

build day?

Now that the weather is getting better are there any build days scheduled? I'd like to volunteer but the medicine wheel site seems pretty dead though.

dwj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpimp
    well thanks for coming out and helping build ...

The park is NOT open yet as the City has not yet given it's blessing... hopefully it won't be too much longer.. have to do some cleaning due to the storms over the last couple months and then it should be ready to go with the new pump track and all! There are still 2 more sections in the works.. right now there is just a beginner area.

i went to all the meetings and cleaned up the original mess and help build the fence around the beginner area. then they went and built a fence across the bottom of one of the only areas worth riding. every meeting i went to all the "riders" said the last thing they cared about was stunts on flat ground, and what do we have some sweet stunts on flat ground.

MikeAThreat

Chutes and ladders

Ya what DWJ said!!! I helped build the kiddie stuff(5 tettertottoers all the same size). Pump track sounds good, but it's time to build some stuff that keep's us Pro athlete's Pro,and gives all these kids something to work towards. Pref. wood lips, built to last(so some kook won't show up, while your at work, and change all the lips, so they can jump)to dirt landing's(aka goose). Little kids turn into big kids and get bored real fast. I'm down to work hard, but it's time we build some stuff I can progress with as well, that's why I went to the meeting's.I got a little one too, but he needs something to work toward's too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cartel
    Ya what DWJ said!!! I helped build the kiddie stuff(5 tettertottoers all the same size). Pump track sounds good, but it's time to build some stuff that keep's us Pro athlete's Pro,and gives all these kids something to work towards. Pref. wood lips, built to last(so some kook won't show up, while your at work, and change all the lips, so they can jump)to dirt landing's(aka goose). Little kids turn into big kids and get bored real fast. I'm down to work hard, but it's time we build some stuff I can progress with as well, that's why I went to the meeting's.I got a little one too, but he needs something to work toward's too.
    They way I understood it is this:
    1. The first phase is the beginner area.
    2. Phases 2 & 3 (Intermediate and Expert) will be built later.
    3. The city wants to first see how Phase 1 goes once it is opened. I think they are concerned about people getting hurt.

I think we all agree that we want bigger and better stunts. We will just have to be patient. We can't just go out and build whatever we want. The city had to approve full blue printed engineering drawings for this first phase and I doubt that will change with the other phases. This will continue to be a slow process. Plus I am pretty sure funding is always an issue. Wood, concrete and supplies aren't cheap. Hopefully the sponsors will continue to support the project.

I know it is not "officially" open but people are riding there and kids and adults are playing on the stunts like it is a play ground.

MikeAThreat

No fault state

Stoked we built another jungle gym in town for people to play on!!! Colorado is a no fault state(unlike California). That's why you can ride a skateboard/bike at anyone of the numerous parks without a helmet or pads. Ride at your own risk. Our concrete skateparks are built for most every level of rider, and I understand that it's a slow process, but to build 3 to 5 teeter totters 3 ft. off the ground is a joke. I've worked with the city to get the two concrete parks we have built.(good design, bad construction from sidewalk builders not skatepark builders).As well as the Goose Gossage dirt jump area. For a dirt jump section that would suit all riders, Small, Med, Huge it would probably cost half of what the stunts cost. Four lips(heavy duty construction)per line and four dirt landing per line/with use of a bobcat of front end loader. Dirt was donated from construction sites for Goose.

MikeAThreat

for example

We need more of this.

mtbr member
    Sounds like we have a lot of people that are stoked to get out. That's awesome! I hope those of you that want bigger stunts built will get out there and help, and not just for one weekend .. this is (pardon the term) 'our park' and it will only be as good as the work put into it.

A hang up right now is also money.... anyone care to donate money so that we can build more? The city is paying insurance, but not stunts... anyone? anyone please?

As for the next build day - it will be soon!!

Inflexable...
    Good to see you back in action Pimpdaddy...

Members who have read this thread: 0