Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Red Rock Canyon Meeting

699 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Scabby Elbowz 
#1 ·
I'm sure this is old news to most, but the City of Colorado Springs gave their blessing to build a skills park/free ride area in Red Rock Canyon Open Space.

The master plan for the park:
http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=4081

We get about 2 acres with some pretty cool rock formations and an abandoned rock quarry to build on. There is a meeting at Bristol Brewery on S. Tejon tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 6PM. Still lots of work to be done with design and fund raising. And of course plenty of work to do once the city gives us the OK to start building. If you want to help out, come on down to the Brewery.

Was expecting to see Kristian & Tony there at least.

Palmer Park trail-work day on Satuday, too for anyone who's interested. 9:00am at the cul-de-sac where T-Gap Rd dead ends.

~Scabby

#2 ·
Limited on time, but want to help

Scabby Elbowz said:
I'm sure this is old news to most, but the City of Colorado Springs gave their blessing to build a skills park/free ride area in Red Rock Canyon Open Space.

We get about 2 acres with some pretty cool rock formations and an abandoned rock quarry to build on. There is a meeting at Bristol Brewery on S. Tejon tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 6PM. Still lots of work to be done with design and fund raising. And of course plenty of work to do once the city gives us the OK to start building. If you want to help out, come on down to the Brewery.

Palmer Park trail-work day on Satuday, too for anyone who's interested. 9:00am at the cul-de-sac where T-Gap Rd dead ends.

~Scabby
.I'd be more than willing to donate some $ to the efforts-I'll ride it for sure when it's done, but am really busy w/life so it'll be hard to get down there and do the physical work anytime soon. So, if you get me some info on who to send donations to and an organizations name-I'd be more than glad to help out financially. Thanks, PattD

#3 ·
Scabby Elbowz said:

~Scabby
Damn, would have gone but didnt see the thread till now. :(

Might show up on Saturday, not quite sure how to get there. Could you give directiosn on how to get there? I'm up in Briargate.

#4 ·
some info on who to send donations to and an organizations name
Cool, Pat. The name of the main organization involved is Medicine Wheel of the Pikes Peak Region. But BikeCOLORADO, B.O.M.B., Balle Racing and others are involved as well. We still need to set the account up for donations. I'll e-mail you with the sponsorship kit as soon as that's done. Thanks for stepping up!

Medicine Wheel's website for anyone who's curious:
www.medwheel.org

Damn, would have gone but didnt see the thread till now.
No sweat, Tony. We're having another meeting Wednesday, the 24th 6pm. This one will be at the Ritz Nightclub. Their door manager, Devyn got us the Elbow Room banquet room so we can have a quieter place to meet. Come on down!

Directions to trailwork from Briargate:
Take Union south past Austin Bluffs. Take a left (east) on Templeton Gap Rd. Go about 2 miles to the cul-de-sac where it dead-ends. Doing trail work about 50 yds south of the parking area. Will not be working if it is snowing. Meeting at 9am.

#5 ·
Scabby Elbowz said:
Cool, Pat. The name of the main organization involved is Medicine Wheel of the Pikes Peak Region. But BikeCOLORADO, B.O.M.B., Balle Racing and others are involved as well. We still need to set the account up for donations. I'll e-mail you with the sponsorship kit as soon as that's done. Thanks for stepping up!

Medicine Wheel's website for anyone who's curious:
www.medwheel.org

No sweat, Tony. We're having another meeting Wednesday, the 24th 6pm. This one will be at the Ritz Nightclub. Their door manager, Devyn got us the Elbow Room banquet room so we can have a quieter place to meet. Come on down!

Directions to trailwork from Briargate:
Take Union south past Austin Bluffs. Take a left (east) on Templeton Gap Rd. Go about 2 miles to the cul-de-sac where it dead-ends. Doing trail work about 50 yds south of the parking area. Will not be working if it is snowing. Meeting at 9am.
Need I bring anything? Don't know if I'll be able to make it to the meeting but I ought to be able to go to the trailwork as long as its not snowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.