Almost Human
    Sep 2007

Red Jeep @ Red Rocks Canon Park

I was hiking and saw you leave when something fell off your Jeep. If you can tell me when/where you were and send me a pic of your Jeep I'll return it.

You may not even be aware of what you lost.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I thought this was going to be like a CL "lost connection": I saw you looking at me look at you...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

the Chain Guy
    I'm hoping it was a bike, and even then what are the chances they'd read this? I know when I have lost things on the trail I was happy someone left it at the trailhead, not take it with them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I lost a drone, and my tinfoil hat. Please return.

I'm with stupid
    So basically you stole it and make yourself sleep better at night you post on here. How do you know the person gets on mtbr? Just because they ride does not mean they check this all the time. I have never understood this concept. If you want to be a good Samaritan wouldnt you leave it at the trail or get in touch with the city or the folks that run the park and take the item to them if it is considered expensive. Instead people take things that is not theirs and pretend like they are doing the right thing. If it was a bag of dog **** you wouldnt take it home and say I have found a bag of **** call me to get back, people only pick up stuff of worth that THEY are not willing to leave behind even though it never belong to them. The big kid version of finders keepers. If you REALLY want to help someone out go put it back. First thing you do when you loose your things is retrace your steps it will be there unless someone steals it.................................

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Someone has been drinking a bit too much this afternoon.

<100%
    Post a note where you found it. Got a wallet back that way once.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Ahhhhhhhhh, that was my PED, I really need it before the race season starts.....Damit, I just bought it off some roadie!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    geez you guys are grouchy.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    So basically you stole it and make yourself sleep better at night you post on here. .. blah ...The big kid version of finders keepers. If you REALLY want to help someone out go put it back. First thing you do when you loose your things is retrace your steps it will be there unless someone steals it.................................
    If I thought the Parks Department accepted ******bags in the Lost & Found I would have.

Because whoever drives the red jeep and has been doing illegal trail work, well... you're a ******bag and some little old lady spotted you leaving the park.

Let me back up a bit.
    Friday... yeah I thought I saw drones circling overhead Friday morning when I was out walking the dog in Red Rocks. Of course it wasn't too much of a surprise when a City truck showed up behind me about half way through my hike. They were watching me.
    "Have you seen anyone else up here?" Nope. Nobody since I got here.
    "Where are you parked?" at the trailhead.
    "Didn't see anyone else?" Nope.
    "What are you driving?" Maroon Jeep.
    "Are you sure you haven't seen anyone else?" No. (I came here to get away from people, not get harassed by you, and I'm starting to get pissed.)
    "Did you see any other vehicles?" One i don't recall what it was.
    "Was it a Jeep?" I don't think so. I think it was a black car.(now I'm pissed because obviously they are accusing me of something)
    "What are you doing up here?" Walkin' the dog. (Doh)
    "And you drive a red Jeep?" Maroon yes. Why? did it get broken into. (and getting really pissed)
    "No we've just had reports of someone driving a red Jeep who's been moving rocks like those next to you." (Looking at about 20 football sized rocks pulled up out of the drainage ditch and lined up next to the road.) Well that's pretty stupid you could channel water right down the ditch... (you know... like it's supposed to...)
    "Did you move those rocks?" No. (you stupid *****)

Can't remember much more other than being told to put a leash on my dog (who already has an electronic collar on. Sigh.) Great I've just been accused of "moving rocks off the road"... in my spandex running gear no less.

So I finish my hike aware that the drones have circled and landed on a nearby ridge where they have eyes on for the rest of my hike. (no doubt they had already accessed my emails and internet searches on Google at this point).

Lo and behold guess who was waiting for me at my Jeep? Parked right behind me so I couldn't back out. Yeah that's right. The City truck. I guess they wanted to make sure they "had the right guy".

So I wait. The lady leaves. The driver pulls his City truck into a parking spot. I head over to find out who these people are. Mike is his name, Park Ranger I am told. The lady is a CSPD detective looking for a ******bag who drives a red Jeep. I let Mike know who I am and that I'm questioning his decision to interrogate me on the trail.

I let him know that this is the first time I've been in this park for 5 months and I don't come over here any longer because of the LUNATICS on the west side and their stupid trail rules and conservation easements and that every time I come over here I either end up injured or get harassed.

"We aren't harassing you."
    "Um, but I have to ask you again. Did you move any rocks off the road?"
    NO! If I had to guess I would say it's the Friends of Red Rocks!
    (That was just insulting Mike!)

I'll just leave it at that... it wasn't a good nature experience for me in Red Rocks on Friday. Not happy with City Parks.

And yo Mikey. That's my wifes Jeep. I have a couple of Tacomas I usually drive. No it's not me. You have the wrong guy.

That brings me to today. Are you laughing at my bad luck yet? It get's better.
    Ahhh.. my day off.
    I guess I shouldn't have been surprised today when I picked up the Westside Pioneer at Rudy's and the front page editorial titled:
    "Red Rock hit again by trail scofflaws"

to summarize, "a hiker saw "a group of young men" illegally digging an extreme-style downhill bicycle run" ...
    no doubt they are teens cutting dirt jumps into the little ravines next to the roads. Oh you scofflaws! Such outlandish illegal activity!

Why an entire 200' section of hillside has been destroyed and is no longer habitable for the lush groves of noxious weeds that cover the off-leash dog area. Let's call the Police! Investigate this crime against nature I say! Someone must go to jail!

Ahhh the West Side... Lunatics. You can have it. It's a microcosm of everything wrong with Boulder repackaged on the West Side of Colorado Springs for our viewing pleasure. My only hope is that the drought will persist and maybe next year the fire will jump Hwy 24 and burn that overgrown environmentally protected **** on the hillside up.

You'll be begging for Dozers and fire breaks won't you Kenyon Jordan? Then how stupid will you look when complaining about little bike trails in the Westside Pioneer and making it into the BIG deal it really isn't?

IMHO it's just gone too far. It's 200' of trail that was probably a shorcut first started by hikers. Really guys? A CSPD detective? Interrogating people on the trail based on the color of the vehicle they drive? Insulting me a second time even after I told you who I was? Not cool.

You just can't even make sense of the insanity that exist on that side of town any longer. No logic. No reasoning. No rational behavior. None at all.

So yeah. Some ******bag drives a red Jeep and has been tearing up Red Rocks. Someone in here knows who it is. I could really care less. Honeslty. I just don't care. But if you know them you might want to tell them what a ******bag they are. It's just so stupid.

moving rocks off the road... police... that's what we've come to? ... really? So sad.

I'm with stupid
    Did they call out CSI to take DNA samples to test against the small skin cells on the sharp edges of the rocks? If not then you truly were never a suspect. They were just putting on a show for the drones aka. "the man". I bet there even might be a "sting" going on right now with cops in full face helmets and DH gear to infiltrate the group of "Evil dooers" Like on the 90's show Pacific Blue........ only minus Hans no way Ray doing the tricks because he is to old, they hired Danny Mac.......... But fear not before it all goes does down "The Hoff" will run up at grab them all and pull their masks off, only to reveal it was the detective all along. She was doing it after her son got hurt trying to get some sweet air off some sick jumps. She would have gotten away with it if it was not for those pesky spandex wear dog runners.....................

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Did they call out CSI to take DNA samples to test against the small skin cells on the sharp edges of the rocks? If not then you truly were never a suspect. They were just putting on a show for the drones aka. "the man". I bet there even might be a "sting" going on right now with cops in full face helmets and DH gear to infiltrate the group of "Evil dooers" Like on the 90's show Pacific Blue........ only minus Hans no way Ray doing the tricks because he is to old, they hired Danny Mac.......... But fear not before it all goes does down "The Hoff" will run up at grab them all and pull their masks off, only to reveal it was the detective all along. She was doing it after her son got hurt trying to get some sweet air off some sick jumps. She would have gotten away with it if it was not for those pesky spandex wear dog runners.....................
    I love a classic Scooby Doo ending.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."