Thread: Record heat!

mtbr member

Record heat!

With all of the records being broken in Denver this week. I have to say, it bothers where they are recording the temperatures. I understand they change locations from time to time, but recording temps at DIA seems crazy. The difference in temperature (and weather patterns) between downtown, City Park weather station, old Stapleton weather station, and now DIA is huge. Why did they have to move where they are recording temps for statistics? Does anybody else notice this?

Oh well, rant over. Back to which tire is best for the front range discussion.

tiny rider
    Did they start recording temperature on Strava? Denver is going for KOM!

While there are certainly days where there is a huge difference between DIA and town, this week has been quite consistent between what I have been seeing near town and the DIA temps.

I think they moved the weather station because they moved the airport; Stapleton now isn't the same as it was when it was an airport. The expense and effort of keeping a comprehensive weather station (necessary for an airport in any case) likely forced the closure of the old facility.

As for the best tire, I think in this heat it's the spare tire growing around my midsection. Ugh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cartographer View Post
    As for the best tire, I think in this heat it's the spare tire growing around my midsection. Ugh.

Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Yeah, that is stupid to me too--especially on precipitation. Our COS airport is way east and doesn't get as much rain/snow as the downtown area (which itself doesn't get as much as the north side). The official weather should be recorded at city hall IMO...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    Yeah, that is stupid to me too--especially on precipitation. Our COS airport is way east and doesn't get as much rain/snow as the downtown area (which itself doesn't get as much as the north side). The official weather should be recorded at city hall IMO...
    The potential of City Hall falling out of the sky killing all on board and any unlucky bastards below are relatively slim when compared to a 737, wouldn't you say?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

banned