Cynical Bystander

This really hurts.

Rode Palmer this morning with Corbin (ironhorsesgs....), his friend Justin, Keaton (mtbkid), Rocky(sprocket) and Doug who I've seen before but don't know if he's on the forums. It was fun for a few hours, and then I hit this cool drop and the landig was flatter than I anticipated, I bottomed both front and rear, stupidily grabbed the brakes, started washing out, and finally the rear end slid out on me and I nailed some rocks with the bike and me. . Luckily the bike is alright and there isnt any visible damage other than some scratches on my stanchion guards. However, my foot is toast. I'm pretty sure that I broke something in it although I don't really know, Ive got it iced and am hoping that the swelling goes down in the morning. I'm thinking its a break especially with the nice crimson bruise on the top. Guess I'm out for a few months. If only I'd gone snowboarding today instead....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Rode Palmer this morning with Corbin (ironhorsesgs....), his friend Justin, Keaton (mtbkid), Rocky(sprocket) and Doug who I've seen before but don't know if he's on the forums. It was fun for a few hours, and then I hit this cool drop and the landig was flatter than I anticipated, I bottomed both front and rear, stupidily grabbed the brakes, started washing out, and finally the rear end slid out on me and I nailed some rocks with the bike and me. . Luckily the bike is alright and there isnt any visible damage other than some scratches on my stanchion guards. However, my foot is toast. I'm pretty sure that I broke something in it although I don't really know, Ive got it iced and am hoping that the swelling goes down in the morning. I'm thinking its a break especially with the nice crimson bruise on the top. Guess I'm out for a few months. If only I'd gone snowboarding today instead....
    that sucks man. it's too bad it was still some fun riding though huh?

hope it gets to be felling better.
    i did like the exact same thing this summer ay keystone trying to air the teeter totter foot slipped off the pedal in the air and broke the ball of my big toe( the bike landed directly on it)

the funny thing was though that i just taped it up and went back up to keystone the next day

it still isn't fully mobile and hutrt every now and then

Stand back

Owww

Sorry to hear it, Tony. Hopefully you're out for less time than me.
    That's my biggest problem with wearing bmx shoes, they don't protect your feet at all. I have a feeling I'm still gonna be wearing the sidi's on my new bike for anything that's not 100% stunt riding...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    I think I'll be getting some hightop Intenses that maybe offer a bit more support and protection.

Corbin where'd you guys go riding after I left?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    I think I'll be getting some hightop Intenses that maybe offer a bit more support and protection.

Corbin where'd you guys go riding after I left?
    we pretty much did one more run down to the dirt jumps that weren't quite worth it and then went home. you didn't miss much

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    we pretty much did one more run down to the dirt jumps that weren't quite worth it and then went home. you didn't miss much
    So pretty much lots of pedalling to jumps that my V-10 would suck at anyways?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Ouch! That sucks but you're young, your body is probably working overtime healing that up. Definitely see a Dr. though, just to make sure you didn't screw up something or develop some bone chips that will give you trouble later. Feet can be funny that ways.

I'm surprised we didn't see you guys there. I saw an Astrix DJ nike on top of a Subie in the lot, but nobody was around.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Ouch! That sucks but you're young, your body is probably working overtime healing that up. Definitely see a Dr. though, just to make sure you didn't screw up something or develop some bone chips that will give you trouble later. Feet can be funny that ways.

I'm surprised we didn't see you guys there. I saw an Astrix DJ nike on top of a Subie in the lot, but nobody was around.
    I saw that yellow Astrix Union as well....

I got there around 9:30ish and played up near lazyland for a little while. Fun stuff....till I got hurt.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Cynical Bystander
    YAY!!!!

Update:
    -Swelling is almost completely gone.
    -I can walk completely normal with no pain.
    -Direct pressure on the area feels sore but doesn't 'hurt'
    -Mom thinks I just bruised it real bad

We're gonna keep an eye on it and if it doesn't change much or gets worse we'll for sure get it looked at. But it's looking good. Might make me think about getting an abgfdljslkjhghx though so there may be a vsldfhg1sdhgjhsdh0 for sale soon. Not sure.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back

really?

YAY!!!!

Update:
    -Swelling is almost completely gone.
    -I can walk completely normal with no pain.
    -Direct pressure on the area feels sore but doesn't 'hurt'
    -Mom thinks I just bruised it real bad

We're gonna keep an eye on it and if it doesn't change much or gets worse we'll for sure get it looked at. But it's looking good. Might make me think about getting an abgfdljslkjhghx though so there may be a vsldfhg1sdhgjhsdh0 for sale soon. Not sure.
    Good news on your foot. As much as I'm lonely in the injured club, I really don't want new pledges right now.
    And hopefully your new abgfdljslkjhghx climbs better than your old vsldfhg1sdhgjhsdh0 so there'll be none of that whining about riding up Palmer...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Good news on your foot. As much as I'm lonely in the injured club, I really don't want new pledges right now.
    And hopefully your new abgfdljslkjhghx climbs better than your old vsldfhg1sdhgjhsdh0 so there'll be none of that whining about riding up Palmer...
    It will......did you figure out what abgfdljslkjhgx is? I'm thinking with a Boxxer, Breakout+, or, DH40(I can get it cheap ) Who knows, I'm goin to the lbs in a while so I'll see if they've got any 04s left on clearance.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.