mtbr member

Rampart Conditions?

I may be coming down from the Fort to meet out of towners this weekend. Just wondering if it's even an option.

Thanks
    -P-

Jackass
    I have not been yet but a co-worker went camping there last week and said that it seemed to be snow-free.
    I'm making enemies faster than I can kill them!

Hairshirt Rider
    If no one else chimes in you might call Telecycle in Woodland Park 719 687-6165.

dwj
    mtbr member
    i would say it is probably dry-ish. not so much as a trace of snow here in woodland park.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the help! Although not the most technical trail around, really enjoyed it while living in the Springs and it would give some flatlanders a little alpine experience while the rest of the high country is in full on mud season.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    My GF and I rode it on Saturday. There are bits of snow on the trail, and a few places in the shade that were a bit muddy, but overall it was in pretty good shape. There were a few sets of bike tracks already, one guy taking off before us, and two more we ran into on the trail. Other then that just fishermen out there.

And yeah, it gave us sea-level dwelling Seattleites a thin-air experience.

Oh, as of Saturday the lake was still almost completely covered with ice, but it looked like it was melting fast. Pretty cool view towards Pikes Peak with the ice on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by PSLICE
    Thanks for the help! Although not the most technical trail around, really enjoyed it while living in the Springs and it would give some flatlanders a little alpine experience while the rest of the high country is in full on mud season.