Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Racing

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008


    So are most of the mountain bike races (like cyclocross) around here ACA races?
    Can you do these races with a USAC license. It would be really nice not to have to buy both licenses (esp. since a mtn and road USAC license is $150?!?!?!).

    Anyone make any sense of this?
    Thanks for replies.

  2. #2
    Reputation: JackJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ACA is mainly road & CX with a MTB or two each year (The Burn TT being an example of an ACA MTB race). Most sanctioned MTB races are USAC (MSC, Sannd Creek). The licenses do not transfer. Many series are unsanctioned (no license required) e.g. Vail, Winter Park, Bear Creek, FR 50.

    If you race BMX you get to buy an ABA license also!

    And no, it does not make a lot of sense.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OnYourLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    just to add on to JSJ's response, you can also buy a one-day license with ACA for $5 (I think it's still 5). This is a nice option if you are only doing one or two races with them (the Burn TT, for example - I don't think they have another mtn bike race). So if that's all you are racing with ACA it's the cheap option.

    However, the ACA does sponsor most-to-all of the CX races in CO, so if you are going to do those you might have to cough up $ for their license anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.