Thread: Quicktime?

locked - time out

Quicktime?

Alright, I know that this is probably not the right place for this question, but I am feeling extraordinarily lazy right now and am hoping for a quick and painless answer. Is there a way to rotate a movie clip 90 degrees within the player (if, for the sake of argument, some bonehead had shot multiple video clips on a digital camera, only to realize later that it doesn't work to do that with video)

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 12-27-2004 at 02:52 PM.

Not just famous; infamous

Don't know if you can do much in QT

You may be able to open the original in something like iMovie and rotate it, but, I'm pretty sure all video is meant to be shot horizontally, so there may not be any way to rotate it--the programmers don't consider rotation an option.

I only work with stills, though, so somebody with a video background may be more help.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Alright, I know that this is probably not the right place for this question, but I am feeling extraordinarily lazy right now and am hoping for a quick and painless answer. Is there a way to rotate a movie clip 90 degrees within the player (if, for the sake of argument, some bonehead had shot multiple video clips on a digital camera, only the realize later that it doesn't work to do that with video)

Any help is greatly appreciated

eci
    josh im pretty sure i can do it, will call you later when work isnt so hectic

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    josh im pretty sure i can do it, will call you later when work isnt so hectic
    That would be great - I know (now) that it can be done with Quicktime pro - but do not want to spring $30 so that I can fix 45 seconds worth of video.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    That would be great - I know (now) that it can be done with Quicktime pro - but do not want to spring $30 so that I can fix 45 seconds worth of video.
    i am pretty sure that i have quicktime pro. if not i have imovie which should fix that lil pup right up

user-created
    The stock Windows XP movie maker can rotate .avi video pretty painlessly, but, I kinda doubt it'll work with QT....

What kinda digi camera records in QT anyhow?

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    The stock Windows XP movie maker can rotate .avi video pretty painlessly, but, I kinda doubt it'll work with QT....

What kinda digi camera records in QT anyhow?
    It actually records in MPEG4 - I have just been using QT because WMP usually gives me fits with all sorts of cryptic error messages. I'll give it a shot in WMP though - thanks for the info.