mtbr member
    Mar 2004

quickest fix for new Denverite

I'm new to the Denver area and I'm looking for the closest place to get some dirt on my tires. It doesn't have to be epic singletrack but I'm hoping there's someplace to ride a reasonable bike ride from the city park area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

crash and burn at 45
    www.trailcentral.com

put your tires on Green Mtn for your closest ride on dirt.

locked - time out
    No - GM is a fun ride sometimes, but that's no way to introduce someone new to Denver to our trails - here are many of the close trails that are worth riding: Mathews Winters Park / Dakota Ridge (technical), Mt Falcon, Deer Creek, Apex, Waterton Canyon - Colo Trail / Indian Creek, Lair of the Bear, White Ranch, Chimney Gulch (Lookout Mt.) & of course, Green Mt. or Bear Creek Lake park if you are looking for something pretty tame. All of these trails are within about 25 minutes (tops) from downtown - you can find direction to them on this site under trail reviews - there are plenty more too if you want to drive up toward Evergreen. Have Fun.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    agree - GM is lame, i only ride it in the winter when nothing else is dry....my favorites close to town are dakota ridge and mathews winters for a technical ride and apex.
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

thanks for the info

I'm gonna check out as many trails as I can while I'm living in Colorado. I figure I'll work my way out from Denver. I only have a Surly CrossCheck currently so I'll start out with some tame trails. Thanks, All.

A Guy Who is Going Places
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlelite
    I'm gonna check out as many trails as I can while I'm living in Colorado. I figure I'll work my way out from Denver. I only have a Surly CrossCheck currently so I'll start out with some tame trails. Thanks, All.
    I think Lair of the Bear up to Pence would be quite nice on a cross bike.