Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,362

    Is Pueblo under snow?

    I would like to ride S. Shore tomorrow but my guess is it would be a bad call? Any local input? Thanks.

  2. #2
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,234

    Have not looked

    But if you go to some older post about pueblo res you will find web site for trail conditions, my guess is no, probably out for the weekend.

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    www.lakepueblotrails.org is the website.

    I am still holding out hope for late this weekend (holiday weekend and I have MOnday off).

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,362
    Thanks for the link! Don't think I'll make the trip tomorrow. I'll bet by Monday it will be dry, maybe some isolated ice or snow in the side canyons?

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 2melow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99
    I would like to ride S. Shore tomorrow but my guess is it would be a bad call? Any local input? Thanks.

    I drove up from Tucson on Sunday night, passed Pueblo at about 1am Monday morning and there was a solid 4-5 inches on snow on the ground. I did 45mph from Santa Fe to Fort Collins, nothing is going to be dry. Unless it gets really warm in the next couple of days I'd say a no go for a couple of weeks.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    I drove up from Tucson on Sunday night, passed Pueblo at about 1am Monday morning and there was a solid 4-5 inches on snow on the ground. I did 45mph from Santa Fe to Fort Collins, nothing is going to be dry. Unless it gets really warm in the next couple of days I'd say a no go for a couple of weeks.
    FWIW, the four inches we got on my lawn in south Denver was gone as of this afternoon.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kberkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    I drove up from Tucson on Sunday night, passed Pueblo at about 1am Monday morning and there was a solid 4-5 inches on snow on the ground. I did 45mph from Santa Fe to Fort Collins, nothing is going to be dry. Unless it gets really warm in the next couple of days I'd say a no go for a couple of weeks.
    I will scout the trails on Thursady and post Thursday night. Most likely there will be trail riding this weekend this snow will not hang on too long. As long as the sun shines thursday and friday there will be dry trails to ride in pueblo this weekend. Stay tuned

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Beaker13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    81
    According to the website - Snow, Ice and Mud. And they are doing a controlled burn on Saturday.
    I just got food poisoning. I'm not sure when I'll use it - Steven Wright

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker13
    According to the website - Snow, Ice and Mud. And they are doing a controlled burn on Saturday.

    Bring some meat and marshmellows for the fire

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Grizzattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    315
    I was wondering the same thing, thanks in advance for any local on the ground updates.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." -- Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,287
    It says "Use caution while passing through the flames."

    maybe that will dry up the ground some...
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kberkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    131
    I checked out the trails this afternoon and it looks like they need at least one more day to dry out; maybe two. There is still a bit of scattered snow everywhere and the canyons (where it's shady) still have plenty. If the sun comes out and really warms it up it could be good. I'll try to post tommorrow but I may not be able to get out there to inspect. Hopefully someone else can chime in tommorrow with more insite.

  13. #13
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,127
    Quote Originally Posted by kberkle
    I checked out the trails this afternoon and it looks like they need at least one more day to dry out; maybe two. There is still a bit of scattered snow everywhere and the canyons (where it's shady) still have plenty. If the sun comes out and really warms it up it could be good. I'll try to post tommorrow but I may not be able to get out there to inspect. Hopefully someone else can chime in tommorrow with more insite.
    I know what you're up to. This is just a shallow attempt at dissuading us from making the trip down there this weekend. You want it all to yourself! Shame on you.







    Ok, actually, I'm thankful you're keeping us updated.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kberkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    I know what you're up to. This is just a shallow attempt at dissuading us from making the trip down there this weekend. You want it all to yourself! Shame on you.


    Ok, actually, I'm thankful you're keeping us updated.
    It's definately a different experience when there are so many people. I wouldn't want it that way all the time, but it's really cool to see all the people that come to pueblo to ride. For a few short months pueblo is the hot spot.
    Back in the day you never saw anyone riding lake pueblo that wasn't from pueblo. Back in the day there weren't even ten miles of trails.

  15. #15
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,127
    Quote Originally Posted by kberkle
    It's definately a different experience when there are so many people. I wouldn't want it that way all the time, but it's really cool to see all the people that come to pueblo to ride. For a few short months pueblo is the hot spot.
    Back in the day you never saw anyone riding lake pueblo that wasn't from pueblo. Back in the day there weren't even ten miles of trails.
    For a few months is the key. I would not want to ride there in the summer... no way! Of course, you're still closer to my favorite spot, Gunnison. So I suppose being a biker from Pueblo isn't that bad a deal.

  16. #16
    rider of bicycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    878
    kberkle, thanks for the report. Hopefully it dries out tomorrow- I'd like to ride down there Saturday.

  17. #17
    Respect the mustache
    Reputation: DOUBLEJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    138
    I went hiking around at the lake this afternoon, I have three big letters for you M-U-D......
    Give it at least until Sunday. Also I ride at the lake all summer long, just get the chore done before 11 am or after dinner, and look out for the snakes.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kberkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    131
    Still not worth it yet. Save your gas money. Don't come down on Saturday. If the stars align, maybe Sunday. Stay tuned!

  19. #19
    Getting Fit
    Reputation: RicanMTB'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by kberkle
    Still not worth it yet. Save your gas money. Don't come down on Saturday. If the stars align, maybe Sunday. Stay tuned!

    Thanks,

    I was planning to go tomorrow since the weatherman said chance for snow on Sunday

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Did you guys get any snow out of this system?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Grizzattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    315
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." -- Mark Twain

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    thinking of riding in Pueblo tomorrow (monday) - any update on the local conditions?

  23. #23
    Fixed and single.
    Reputation: mordecai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    336
    bump.

    Anybody? I'm looking to do the same.
    "Those are some good humans."

  24. #24
    rider of bicycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    878
    I'm heading down there tomorrow morning. With the cold temps, I'm going to assume it won't thaw very quickly.

  25. #25
    Respect the mustache
    Reputation: DOUBLEJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    138
    did a lap yesterday, still very muddy. wait until next weekend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •