Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pueblo Race

mtbr member
    Sep 2003

Pueblo Race

Does anyone have any info on the pueblo race? Link... course info...

Now with 20% more fat!!
    http://www.sctb02.org/events.html

http://www.chieftain.com/metro/1207202400/13

http://www.medwheel.org/gps/pueblo.html

I haven't heard about the course yet... That was all the info I could find.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

... and if we just ... The Route(s)

There will be three different loops this year: beginner, sport and expert. The beginner loop is the same as last year. All loops start in front of the dam, travel up the paved trail to The Duke, up Rodeo to Rodeo Ridge to Cuattro Sinko. The beginners will head back at this point on the South Shore trail. The sport and expert group will proceed south on South Shore then head out Pedro's to Pronghorn. Both groups will ride Pronghorn. Where the trails split at Pronghorn, the sport group will head around Outer Limits, back to Pedro's and down Waterfall back over to the South Shore. The expert group will continue onto VooDoo (with the new high water route). Experts will ride ccw around VooDoo. They will then retrace their tracks back to Pronghorn to Waterfall to the South Shore.... All riders will ride the Conduit trail back to the Duke and down the paved trail to the starting point....phew. If anything changes course wise (mainly the direction - ccw vs cw), Ozzie will post it. I think this is gonna be a killer race with tons of prizes, giveaways, etc. Come down and have some fun

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Thanks Muff! I will be in Fruita that weekend, or I would definitely be coming down for this event. I've heard good things and people had a blast last year! I'm hoping to get there next year for the race. (Thanks Ozzie for all your hard work, too)!!

mtbr member
    i wish there was a single speed class. i know of about 6 single speed riders alone that are coming down from the springs.

Edge29er
    make that 7 single speeders.

People of zee wurl,Relax!

I am #8.
    Less Talk, More Rock.
    http://www.peakmtb.com

mtbr member
    i wonder if we could all contact someone at the race and see if they can make a single speed class for us since there is obviously interest?

SS Chimp

Muff & Ozzy - Clockwise

I'll throw my 2 cents in for making the Voodoo loop Clockwise. I think the trail flows better in that direction. On the SS front...didn't need an SS class last year to shell the geared folks and I plan on doing my best to torque the screws even a little tighter this year
    Last edited by 32x18; 04-05-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    all single...all the time

Chronic 1st-timer
    I'm waiting on my schedule for that week & if I ain't chained up, there'll be 1 more gear involved.

mtbr member
    i like voodoo counter clockwise but thats because i turn left better than right...

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Even though it sounds like each class is starting together(beg, sport, expert), are they going to split the results up by age in the end?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    Even though it sounds like each class is starting together(beg, sport, expert), are they going to split the results up by age in the end?
    No, because we are new to this and we learn something new each time. If this can keep going (the race-yearly), hopefully these details can pan out. In the meantime, please bear with us . It will be fun anyway. This statement holds true for a SS catergory. Heck, the guy that had the won last year was on a SS ANIMAL!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Fyi

Just a heads up... The expert loop-VooDoo-will be ridden cw NOT ccw

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Rode the expert loop today. I had a blast. To bad I am a sport racer. O well it was good training for next weeks race in fruita.

You guys are doing a great job down there.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

looking forward to it.

I've been debating between gears or SS. Obviously it's a good SS course if that's what the previous winner was on. What kinda gearing you all think is appropriate down there?
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've ridden it on a 32x18 and have ridden most of the courses, except for the really steep hills. Usually have to bail right towards the top

giddy up
    Why no SS class? Weird.

I have yet to get down there but have nothing but great things about it. Its about time someone on the Front Range that has created a "destination" that ranks closely with our Western Slope friends. Especially when the fire is burning in early spring.
    Rub n Tiz'zug

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by papawheelie
    Why no SS class? Weird.
    Not so weird if you know the distribution from last year. I believe my wife and I were the only SS out of the entire field. The event is low key and as such is more like a really fast group ride where no one stays in a group.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 32x18
    Not so weird if you know the distribution from last year. I believe my wife and I were the only SS out of the entire field. The event is low key and as such is more like a really fast group ride where no one stays in a group.
    So... you're the ANIMAL!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Come to think of it, I've seen you and your wife out there several times this winter. In the Pro Cycling kits?

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Muff
    Come to think of it, I've seen you and your wife out there several times this winter. In the Pro Cycling kits?
    yep...had lots of training to do for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo in February. Can't beat Pueblo when the snow is hanging around in the Springs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 32x18
    yep...had lots of training to do for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo in February. Can't beat Pueblo when the snow is hanging around in the Springs.
    True that

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Muff
    True that
    same here. It made for a great place to train while the weather was bad up here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Is there race day registration?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast