mtbr member

Pueblo Lake area ridable by Sat morning?

If so, anyone up for it??

Getting Fit
    am game, time?

mtbr member
    Lake pueblo should be good to go on Saturday. I'm going there on Friday so I can post an update Friday night. There could still be a little snow left in the shaded areas of some of the canyons and arroyos.

mtbr member
    Thanks kberkle!

Rican: I'm thinking of leaving the Springs between 8 and 8:30. let's see what kb has to say about it, and go from there.

-Eric

Getting Fit
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E
    Thanks kberkle!

Rican: I'm thinking of leaving the Springs between 8 and 8:30. let's see what kb has to say about it, and go from there.

-Eric

That sounds good

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Would love to get an update tonight
    We have a posse headed down there from denver tomorrow morning

mtbr member

I'd say we're on!

From the lakepueblotrails website:

Trail Conditions:
    The trails are back in excellent condition. 02/05/2010.
    Some snow still in the canyons and shaded areas.

Yippee! I'm planning on heading down between 8/8:30... any suggestions where to actually park/start off? I've never been.

THanks -Eric

mtbr member
    Rican, would you like to meet somewhere? I don't mind driving down there, and have a strap-on rear bike carrier.

-Eric

Getting Fit
    Rican, would you like to meet somewhere? I don't mind driving down there, and have a strap-on rear bike carrier.

-Eric
    Kool,

However is best for you, I live right of Hwy 85/87 in Fountain behind Loaf & Jog.

Last time I parked right across the South Marina, there's a big parking lot.

Picked up the yearly park pass today, $60.00

mtbr member
    I should probably do that too... in the interim, is there a "day pass" or something that I can get?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I should probably do that too... in the interim, is there a "day pass" or something that I can get?
    Yup - you can pay for daily access...

mtbr member
    ...or if we ride together, can we use your pass?

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks Shared...

mtbr member
    If any of you Denver guys (or anyone else!) interested in meeting up, RicanMTB'r and i are planning on being there about 9:00 or so. My cell phone is 719-232-7774.

Hope to see some of you down there!

mtbr member
    Looks like i'm getting to this a little too late but for what it's worth the trails are great. The shady trails ( waterfall, lower dog, skull, hooters) are still icy but everything else is great.

Getting Fit
    ...or if we ride together, can we use your pass?

The yearly pass goes on the windshield like a decal, I already placed on mine.

I been buying the pass for the last 5 years to go jetskiing, I didnt know about the biking trails until I joined this forum , now it will get use more often

I will pay for the daily pass tomorrow is only $6.00

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by kberkle
    Looks like i'm getting to this a little too late but for what it's worth the trails are great. The shady trails ( waterfall, lower dog, skull, hooters) are still icy but everything else is great.
    On Tuesday, I used my whisk broom and cleaned off most of Freeride, Lower Dog and lower Skull, but it snowed again and I haven't been there since. Once traffic gets on it, the rocks can get a bit treacherous without a pre cleaning, so watch yourselves!

As a side note, Eric and I have been busy working in the canyons, so Freeride can be followed all the way down the creek bed now (meaning new additions), so no need to jump back on the trail part way down.

Freeride Trail - with some slowmode action! Feb 2nd, 2010 from Brian Mullin on Vimeo.

In addition, a sweet short section in the bottom creek bed of Stonehenge, my clairvoyance for the line, and Eric's grunt labor!

Stonehenge Trail with new additions - Feb 2nd, 2010 from Brian Mullin on Vimeo.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pueblo Lake area ridable by Sat morning?-stonehenge.jpg  

mtbr member
    Rican: running a little late, probably closer to 8:30 when i get to our meeting place. 9:30 at the lake?

-eric

Getting Fit
    Rican: running a little late, probably closer to 8:30 when i get to our meeting place. 9:30 at the lake?

-eric

no problemo

Respect the mustache
    wisk broom? is this a shuffle board or an mtb forum?

mtbr member
    RicanMTBr and me got in a nice little 12-miler this morning, the trails were in outstanding shape--no mud anywhere! Little snow and ice here and there, but honestly, mostly dry. The temp when we got started was kinda chilly (both of us had trouble getting our hands warm), but after about an hour, it was really nice.

Thanks for showing me around Andres, I'll be buying a season pass, well worth it! Great trail system there, and we didn't even try the more gnarly technical stuff--that's next time!

-eric

Getting Fit
    RicanMTBr and me got in a nice little 12-miler this morning, the trails were in outstanding shape--no mud anywhere! Little snow and ice here and there, but honestly, mostly dry. The temp when we got started was kinda chilly (both of us had trouble getting our hands warm), but after about an hour, it was really nice.

Thanks for showing me around Andres, I'll be buying a season pass, well worth it! Great trail system there, and we didn't even try the more gnarly technical stuff--that's next time!

-eric
    Thanks for the ride,

I had a great time, it was fun, looking forward to do it again soon

Getting Fit
    Eric not sure if you seen this before,

http://www.lakepueblotrails.org/doc_...trol&Mitem=324

Trail maps are at the bottom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet
    On Tuesday, I used my whisk broom and cleaned off most of Freeride, Lower Dog and lower Skull, but it snowed again and I haven't been there since. Once traffic gets on it, the rocks can get a bit treacherous without a pre cleaning, so watch yourselves!

As a side note, Eric and I have been busy working in the canyons, so Freeride can be followed all the way down the creek bed now (meaning new additions), so no need to jump back on the trail part way down.

Freeride Trail - with some slowmode action! Feb 2nd, 2010 from Brian Mullin on Vimeo.

In addition, a sweet short section in the bottom creek bed of Stonehenge, my clairvoyance for the line, and Eric's grunt labor!

Stonehenge Trail with new additions - Feb 2nd, 2010 from Brian Mullin on Vimeo.

Cool video! Can't wait to get back down there and reap the rewards of your hrdwork! Thanks!
    I just got food poisoning. I'm not sure when I'll use it - Steven Wright