Your retarded

Pueblo, at a different pace

Changed it up a bit yesterday, bailed on the guys, and talked my wife into heading down to P-Town for some trail riding. It's rare that she agrees, so I couldn't pass it up. I welcomed the change in pace and scenery.

I love observing how different our perceptions of challenges are...

... but how similar the feeling of accomplishment is for each of us afterward.

I'm lured in by her determination to accomplish big obstacles (on her scale) and her desire to become a better, faster, stronger rider.

She took lead most of the day, which gave me an opportunity to slow down a bit and take in the scenery...

That scenery.

Darn! And it was so tempting.

There weren't a lot of obstacles on the trails we were riding. I tried to make due were I could.

And this post wouldn't be complete without the requisite Christmas card shot. You may throw up now.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    BARFFFFFFF!!!

Nice pics, Nickle! Glad you guys had such a great ride... sorry I missed you down there. Looks like you guys arrived after I had already left...

mtbr member
    Right decision!
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

mtbr member
    Nice pics. I had allot of fun when i went down there too. Pueblo is a grate pace to ride there is enough to keep every one happy.

mtbr member
    sweet shots...I still can't believe thats only a couple miles down the road from the Springs. So beautiful!

Goat of Legend
    Awesome! Hoping I can talk my wife into cruising down there sometime soon.

Getting Fit
    Nice picts,

Must be kool having the spouse enjoying the same passion

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Anyone know the story on why all the deadwood in that one spot by waterfall trail?

Chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    Anyone know the story on why all the deadwood in that one spot by waterfall trail?

Chris

There planing on the petrified wood being a big tourist attraction in 60millen years?

shreds often
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    There weren't a lot of obstacles on the trails we were riding. I tried to make due were I could.
    Shredded. Looks like a good time man.
    vitalmtb.com

not actually bad :)
    Nothing to throw up about!
    Really nice pix - looks like you had fun.
    Old Codger

mtbr member

Flippin' sweet!

thanks for sharing the pics and your chickie-poo seems awesome, hope you don't mind me saying so! I love riding, great that your girl loves riding with you, trying to get my wife into it. Pueblo trails RAWK!

We can rebuild him
    Thanks for the support, having all the mtb cars filling the parking lot has caught the Park Managers attention. They are starting to realize the monetary income we bring in and are supporting us. If things go well with the equestrians and we are able to get the BUR to approve our request we will be adding 20 miles of new trail. If you haven't check out our new site lakepueblotrails.org. please do. The deadwood is from when they were first building the res. they were removed to open up the water ways. On one of the new trails proposed the trail snakes through an area of deadwood 4x as large. It is freaky but cool and we will be able to build structures with it. If anyone needs an awesome kids bike, check out my add for a 21.5 lb Scott Scale JR. Thanks

mtbr member
    Looks like it was a great day!

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    I spent Saturday riding DH with my wife. It is a wonderful thing.
    Proud to race for Mojo Wheels

Your retarded
    Thanks for the good words, fellas. It's always fun riding with the guys, but its a totally different kind of fun riding with your girl. Those who get to partake in rides with their SOs know what I mean.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Team Inflexible
    Cool Pics Nick. My crew may have bumped into you and your #2.

Was that your Audi in the PLot? If so I wanted to ask how you like your Highroller Yaki Rack? I am thinking about getting a set for my Subaru.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    Was that your Audi in the PLot? If so I wanted to ask how you like your Highroller Yaki Rack? I am thinking about getting a set for my Subaru.
    Silver allroad? If so, that was us. There was a silver B7 A4 there too that I think might have had the same racks.

I don't have a lot of roof rack experience to compare against as I've always been a truck bed man myself, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. With that said, I am pleased with the racks after about four months of use. They're sturdy, easy to load, aesthetically pleasing, and user friendly. My biggest complaint is that my setup tends to make a quiet, but noticeable whistle at freeway speeds; even without bikes on top. Although, that condition would likely change on different vehicles/orientations and I suspect a windscreen would completely eliminate it.

Team Inflexible
    Silver allroad? If so, that was us. There was a silver B7 A4 there too that I think might have had the same racks.

I don't have a lot of roof rack experience to compare against as I've always been a truck bed man myself, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. With that said, I am pleased with the racks after about four months of use. They're sturdy, easy to load, aesthetically pleasing, and user friendly. My biggest complaint is that my setup tends to make a quiet, but noticeable whistle at freeway speeds; even without bikes on top. Although, that condition would likely change on different vehicles/orientations and I suspect a windscreen would completely eliminate it.
    I was wondering if you have a pic with them folded down? I have been thinking of getting the Thule Sidearm but its a bit bulky on the roof. I am hoping the Highroller is more streamlined.

Does the cable lock seem secure?

Your retarded
    I was wondering if you have a pic with them folded down? I have been thinking of getting the Thule Sidearm but its a bit bulky on the roof. I am hoping the Highroller is more streamlined.
    I don't have any pics of the car without a bike on the roof. However, this might help give you an idea.

Does the cable lock seem secure?
    I don't know of any cable lock system that I would consider "secure" from theft. It'll slow someone down, but it definitely will not stop them if they are wielding a good pair of bolt cutters.

Team Inflexible
    I don't have any pics of the car without a bike on the roof. However, this might help give you an idea.

I don't know of any cable lock system that I would consider "secure" from theft. It'll slow someone down, but it definitely will not stop them if they are wielding a good pair of bolt cutters.
    Your the Man Thanks !