Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pueblo

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Pueblo

Greetings all! If anyone was wondering... it's raining (steady), it's muddy (sticky/soggy) and it looks to continue to persist (not for long hopefully). Give it day or so to make the trip worthwhile....

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    so no on tomorrow then? Looks like it is going to be pretty warm.

Bianchimtb
    Jul 2007
    I was planning on going down tmw to give it a try. Anyone else going?
    Whatever hurts you, can only make you stronger

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I am too. I will be there around noon when it really gets warm. I am sure it will be fine.

Bianchimtb
    Jul 2007
    alright. you wanna meet up and ride? I've never rode there before and am lookin for someone to show me some trails...
    Whatever hurts you, can only make you stronger

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    If it warms up it will be PRIMO . I like to error on the side of caution when it comes to wet conditions since trail maintenance is the cross that I bear ! We will keep you posted on the weather, etc. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Thanks Muff for the update.

davvag
    Apr 2007
    with the temp right now sun shining and a breeze saturday will make for a good ride out there

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005

Hows it look for friday?

I making my first trip down from denver, forcast is for PC and 65. I should be there by noon. How are the trails this week?
    Thanks,

Ed

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pocgnikcuf
    I making my first trip down from denver, forcast is for PC and 65. I should be there by noon. How are the trails this week?
    Thanks,

Ed

Are you a cop?

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005

Yah

Denver bike cop.

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005

What is the general flow of the trail system?

Looking at the map, its imposible to tell.
    I'd like to ride for 2+ hours, but there have to be sections to ride a certain direction.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    My usual route is to park near the ranger station (near boats). I ride out South Shore and head for Pedros to Pronghorn to Voodoo. I do the loop counterclockwise. Then head back to Outer Limits and ride that clockwise to Pedros. Down Waterfall to logdrop to South shore. All of the canyons are great down... I use Rock Canyon to get back up to Arkansas usually, then come down to South Shore via the fun canyons (Skull/Hooters/etc) then back to the lot near the boats after playing in the canyons. That will get you around 30 miles. Most of the trails are fun either direction, except the trails between South Shore and Arkansas - most of those are fun heading down. Some you can climb, and some are hike-a-bike (if you are me). The trails in the canyon seem to be tougher on far left side of map Steep Tech and get easier as you move towards Rock Canyon. Hope that helps... have fun and make sure you park in the lot and NOT at Red Gate. There have been break-ins at the Red Gate lot.

PS.... Might be out there today if the stars align.
    Last edited by JSD303; 04-02-2008 at 07:34 AM.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    My usual route is to park near the ranger station (near boats). I ride out South Shore and head for Pedros to Pronghorn to Voodoo. I do the loop counterclockwise. Then head back to Outer Limits and ride that clockwise to Pedros. Down Waterfall to logdrop to South shore. All of the canyons are great down... I use Rock Canyon to get back up to Arkansas usually, then come down to South Shore via the fun canyons (Skull/Hooters/etc) then back to the lot near the boats after playing in the canyons. That will get you around 30 miles. Most of the trails are fun either direction, except the trails between South Shore and Arkansas - most of those are fun heading down. Some you can climb, and some are hike-a-bike (if you are me). The trails in the canyon seem to be tougher on far left side of map Steep Tech and get easier as you move towards Rock Canyon. Hope that helps... have fun and make sure you park in the lot and NOT at Red Gate. There have been break-ins at the Red Gate lot.

Thanks, am making red directional arrows on my map so when i do eventually get down there i know whare to ride approx. how much climbing on that route you descibed? Wondering how big a breakfast to eat runnin a 32x18. Falcon(morrison) was a little rough the other day .I'll give a shout when im comin and maybe could catch one of you guys out there!

kevin
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Now with 20% more fat!!
    NP... There really isn't too much climbing on the long loops. I think I did a 26mile ride in 34x20 and had around 2000 feet of climbing. The more you play in the canyons, the more climbing you can get, I'd imagine.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Go stars, go! Help a brotha out!
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I am trying to get down there after work. I need a little star action as well.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    I am trying to get down there after work. I need a little star action as well.
    Stars your way too. Enjoy the ride, fellas. And hit Hooters like a 14 year old with a Playboy. That's a dang fine trail.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005
    Its great to have a game plan, thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Does anyone have a copy of that .pdf of the pueblo trail map? I have a co-worked that is going down this weekend and needs a good starting point.

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Go stars, go! Help a brotha out!
    Thanks for the good vibes, Nickle. I think it helped, because I got out and enjoyed a nice 3hr ride in the 'Blo... Ahhh yeahhh. It was better than $240 worth o' pudding!

will hike for trail
    Apr 2006

Rain?

Are the trails good to go for a weekend trip?

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    i was wondering if the same thing. I am sure they are. It is already 50 there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

The weather is great.

Last night we had a little moisture, however the ground is now dry, the sun is out, no wind, and 55 degrees.

The weekend should be great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast