Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pueblo

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Pueblo

Any news on Pueblo? Did they get any snow from this storm or do you think the riding is good to go? Haven't been down there and itching to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    No snow so far. H20 is high on south shore trail. Drop higher into the gully (on Broken Hip) if continuing on to south shore trail or avoid first spur after dropping off top of South shore heading back up broken hip or continuing on to south shore. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Trails are actually pretty dry right now, we could use some moisture . VooDooo still has not been rerouted, H20 remains high here also. However, a reroute will be ready for the upcoming race . Permanent high H20 reroute still needing CDOT approval . Hopefully this makes sense! Anyway, have fun

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks Muff! Nah, none of it makes sense yet, but hopefully it will tomorrow. I amped up to see what all the commotion is about down there!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It's cool down here. I'm patiently waiting for the reroute of VooDoo. Ozzie and I will probably be out there tomorrow. We enjoy seeing al the riders

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by fredbohm
    Thanks Muff! Nah, none of it makes sense yet, but hopefully it will tomorrow. I amped up to see what all the commotion is about down there!
    Me too! I know NOTHING about this place. I mean like nothing. Seen a lot of great pictures though.

Any info on/links to the basic route, where to park, trail mileage, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Park at the reservoir/boat parking and not red gate... There have been several break-ins reported at red gate. I linked a thread that has a trail map. There are maps at the Kiosk generally (near parking)... You can ride for 20-30 miles with Voodoo open and not do too much doubling of trails...

looks like pueblo is good for this weekend again

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Park at the reservoir/boat parking and not red gate... There have been several break-ins reported at red gate. I linked a thread that has a trail map. There are maps at the Kiosk generally (near parking)... You can ride for 20-30 miles with Voodoo open and not do too much doubling of trails...

looks like pueblo is good for this weekend again
    Right on!! Thanks a bunch. Any tips on directions, or definite right way/wrong ways to hook up that system? I can't wait!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Where the trail hits the water on Voodoo, can you just bushwhack further upstream and cross further up? Or is that frowned upon (or just not possible)? I definitely saw the beginnings of a "trail" forming last weekend.

mtbr member
    Is there a spot on South Shore that is impassable / under water? I am unclear on this...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pcoady
    Where the trail hits the water on Voodoo, can you just bushwhack further upstream and cross further up? Or is that frowned upon (or just not possible)? I definitely saw the beginnings of a "trail" forming last weekend.
    There's no way to get across the old water crossing on Voodoo at present time (I checked it out this morning.) The "trail" you saw forming last weekend led to a narrow frozen section that you 'could' walk across a few weeks ago, but that ice is long gone. Afraid we're going to have to wait til the reroute is complete...

Grizz, nothing on the South Shore Trail is impassable. The water has risen at the intersection of South Shore and Broken Hip, but you can just ride up Broken Hip for 100 yds or so and there's a spur (shown on the map) that will take you around it.

mtbr member
    Thanks wilbury and muff for the reports as usuall, great job.

Man the res is fillin' up. I guess they'll let-her rip and keep the good folks in Kansas happy this sping once the snowpack lets loose.

mtbr member

Water rising

Like said above, We rode south shore from the Ark point campground, had to turn left onto broken hip to avoid rising water.

Larry

We can rebuild him
    Go to www,sctb02.org all the info you need, with pictures.

We can rebuild him
    I am working on the rerout of VoDoo, the park manager is OK with the new route we just need CDOT to approve their section. They are OK with the race but wanted more info. on a temperory high water route. I am meeting with CDOT on Monday, if they approve, it will only take a couple days to complete. So keep the faith!

Thread Terrorist
    THanks for the hard work Ozzie.

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm Great

Awesome trail conditions today in Pueblo. And fair weather.[56 degrees.] It rocked!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Looking to make a move from S'thorne down that way for the first time this weekend. Assuming the trails are dry....don't need to be super technical....just looking to get on the bike for the first time and pedal some miles.

Any recommendations on where to camp???? thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The A-loop at the Arkansas Point Campground is open. That's the campground on the south side of the rez at the base of the trails. There is a ranger station there and a kiosk that should have maps. The showers are not open, but the bathrooms are. They have electricity also (the camp sites). The trails were in GREAT condition yesterday. Hopefully, the weather will pan out for ya'. Have fun

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks a ton Muff! Only 10% chance of rain at the moment......hope that forecast holds...we'll see. If it does....Ill be down there camping and riding friday to sunday!

Thanks again....happy trails!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    pascoe,

Be prepared for goatheads.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    "Be prepared for goatheads......"

Like.......

I run tubeless, carry spare tubes and a pump ...you'll be fine...you might flat

OR

don't head down there....they are growing out o cotrol everywhere and are unavoidable....you will have a terrible time picking them out of your tires, shoes, gloves and ass.

I know the sun hasn't had a chance to bake them to dust yet but are they really a bother???? I dont' plan (never really do) to be off the trail although it sounds like some of the more steep areas have several lines down.....but I really just plan on getting out of the land of snow and spin the wheels some....maybe a nice climb....try to get 20 or so miles in.

mtbr member
    Funny, there was a thread about this very subject maybe a week ago:
    pueblo thorns??

Pascoe, assuming no rain/snow you'll have a great time. I live in a snowpacked place too and Pueblo has been a real oasis. Cheers.

We can rebuild him

goat head crazy

You guys are getting radical! Really, check out the thread "Pueblo thorns" and read what the locals who ride here every day have to say.

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Maps of Pueblo available here:

http://www.medwheel.org/gps/pueblo.html

Grams Light Bikes

Current Conditions?

Ozzie and/or Muff, what are the conditions for this weekend? We got 3-4 inches of slurpee snow today up in the Springs, so there went any riding here on Saturday. Well at least the conditions I like to ride in!

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast