Pivot Rider

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! PSA: Greyhound Bicycle Hostage

Many of you may know Slower than Snot (also known as Fixie Dave). He was on his way to start the Ride The Divide race a few days ago and has made the most unpleasant discovery that Greyhound Bus Lines has lost Beatrice (his bike) and all his gear for the race. He has been laid over in NM for several days now trying to get Greyhound to find his bike and gear to no avail.

Slower than Snot has started a Facebook group called 'Greyhound Bicycle Hostage' to try to get some grassroots support going for the finding and return of his bike/gear. If you are a Facebook member, please take a few moments to join this group and let's see what we can do for the return of StS's bike and gear!

Thanks!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    We chatted the other morning via keystrokes and we both agreed he should have turned on his SPOT tracker. Then he would know for sure where it is! doh! I would prob have paid for an extra seat or two and sat that sucker beside me with it teathered to my belt. With the luck hes had. ...hopefully .....fingers crossed.

Hope he gets it soon!

Ride on dave.......
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    We chatted the other morning via keystrokes and we both agreed he should have turned on his SPOT tracker. Then he would know for sure where it is! doh! I would prob have paid for an extra seat or two and sat that sucker beside me with it teathered to my belt. With the luck hes had. ...hopefully .....fingers crossed.

Hope he gets it soon!

Ride on dave.......
    Hindsite is always 20/20 they say.... having his SPOT tracker on would have made this whole ordeal a lot less stressful for sure. I'm guessing the travel tag has fallen off the box and it's just going from bus to bus to bus with no one knowing where it will end up! Dave's head is totally NOT in the race at this point and even if he can borrow someone else's bike and gear, he's gonna be thinking about his own bike & gear..... totally sucks!

LOTS of us have our fingers crossed....

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm confused. Didn't the "Tour Divide" race begin on June 10th with some racers starting in Banff, AB and others in Antelope Wells, NM?

No matter, anytime baggage/bike/etc. are lost in transit, it is a stressful situation. Hopefully, everything will be resolved quickly.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sigma View Post
    I'm confused. Didn't the "Tour Divide" race begin on June 10th with some racers starting in Banff, AB and others in Antelope Wells, NM?

No matter, anytime baggage/bike/etc. are lost in transit, it is a stressful situation. Hopefully, everything will be resolved quickly.
    Yes the official "grand start" was on June 10th, but there are many other people that are doing individual time trials, Dave included.

As for the grand starters, two Coloradans are leading the pack with just a few miles to go.

Team Velveeta™

Spot

Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl View Post
    ... having his SPOT tracker on would have made this whole ordeal a lot less stressful for sure...
    I'm not sure either way, but I would have doubts about whether a SPOT would be able to transmit from inside a box, inside the hold of a bus. Maybe, but I would not bank on it for sure.

Greyhound SUX A$$ in a huge way. But then, almost without exception, public transportation in the west is horrible. Not cheap, not fast, not run worth a crap. Living in the west and not being able to drive is a really bum deal.

Damn, but Dave has had some shitty luck over the years. I hope this doesn't turn out really badly for him. I've been tracking his progress for a while (known him for quite a few years). Even if his bike appears today it's going to throw a bunch of fatigue at him before he turns the first pedal.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Really I am that slow
    Going on day 5 still no bike.... Thanks for the well wishes guys! if bike doesn't show before mon afternoon i'll be heading home and re group for a fall wack at it or maybe ctr again
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

Really I am that slow
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

Pivot Rider

Thanks everyone!

Beatrix has been returned by Greyhound. PLUS they have said that when Dave sends them his receipts for the motel & food, etc that they will reimburse him. They gave him a free bus ticket back to Phx where he will then make his way back to Vegas and then Hurricane. His bike is being shipped back to the shop in Hurricane (Greyhound is paying for that as well, it seems).

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and support of Dave! Definitely has been quite an adventure for him, albeit not the one he originally thought he was going to have! He says he's gonna regroup and determine what his next adventure will be!

Goat of Legend
    same thing happened to my buddy Karlos aka The Naked Indian. He finally got to start riding but by the time he did, his mind game was fugged and he pulled out. Stupid Greyhound.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I believe the motto is "leave the driving to us" No where does it say anything about delivery being on time.

Dave, my friend, bummer news but glad to hear you got Beatrice back! Come to the DDC this weekend and unwind?