mtbr member

PSA: Flying on Frontier Airlines

In case you haven't heard, Frontier has changed their fees for checking a bike on a flight. It is now the same as a regular bag fee.

I just took a trip and took my bike along with me... With checking in on line, it was only $15 each way.

Be aware of the 50# weight limits...

Marcia

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by chillmolly View Post
    In case you haven't heard, Frontier has changed their fees for checking a bike on a flight. It is now the same as a regular bag fee.

I just took a trip and took my bike along with me... With checking in on line, it was only $15 each way.

Be aware of the 50# weight limits...

Marcia
    If you are an ascent member, it's free! I am and I did to California. The TSA still f's with everything though. Also, the bike + case need to be under 50#.

mtbr member
    I am an employee of Frontier Airlines (hopefully not for much longer) and I would suggest not flying Frontier Airlines. I know the thought of your bike flying free is great but this company is a very dirty company. I can't go into specifics for fear of being accused of slander but I wouldn't give a penny to this airline simply because of the way they treat their employees. I would honestly pay to ship my bike on another airline before giving Frontier my money.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtblucas View Post
    I am an employee of Frontier Airlines (hopefully not for much longer) and I would suggest not flying Frontier Airlines. I know the thought of your bike flying free is great but this company is a very dirty company. I can't go into specifics for fear of being accused of slander but I wouldn't give a penny to this airline simply because of the way they treat their employees. I would honestly pay to ship my bike on another airline before giving Frontier my money.
    Interesting. I am sure you have your reasons, but I have to say that I love Frontier. So much that I am a highest level FF member. The staff have always treated me well, the planes are nice, they go where I need to go, and it's in the A concourse, so I can walk instead of taking the tram.

I have noticed a few rotten tomatoes lately, but they all seem to come from the MidWest Air family. So be honest, who was your original employer?

mtbr member
    You know the airline well, lol. The rotten tomatoes come from Republic Airlines. Yes, I am a part of that crowd. Honestly, every employee at this company, whether they are from Frontier or Republic, truly are great people. The reason you have had unfriendly experiences is because, at Republic, we have been beaten down, and taken hit, after hit, after hit from our management for years expecting things to improve. Things haven't improved and that is why morale is EXTREMELY low. Unfortunately, it is difficult for many of us to come to work with a smile on our faces. It really is sad but true.

I understand why you like Frontier though. I used to LOVE the company. I hope things improve for both of our sakes.