mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Props to Mojo wheels

After a series of small blunders, Mojo Wheels made good on the issues, and went way beyond my expectations to change my opinion of their service.

I would recommend the store, and if things are not perfect, speak to the manager, he is willing to listen and take action.

mtbr member
    Good to know, since they are in my neighborhood and carry Santa Cruz.
    Might have to give them a chance to lure me away from WRC.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

Endo-free since July '08

Great LBS

They're a great shop. I had one bad experience which I later chalked up to human error, and the next time I went in, I was very impressed with their service, friendliness, and most of all, their stock.

When I need a part these days, I don't go to any of the corporate shops like Performance or Bicycle Village. I think I've said it before on here, but those places need to have "We Don't Stock That" embroidered on their shirts. The guys at Mojos have saved a day of riding for about 5 times in the last year.
    Just keep spinning.

Big Boned
    Bob rocks.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Thread Terrorist
    I converted from WRC to Mojo for a long time now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Mojo has a hard time returning phone calls, and I have spent a fair amount of money there. WTF???

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyteboy
    Mojo has a hard time returning phone calls, and I have spent a fair amount of money there. WTF???
    Because Bob is the Man of The Hour/Minute 24/7. He's such a great person that everything comes his way to be solved (shouldn't be that way I know). Whenever I'm in there he's the center of everyone's attention and he can only do so much. If only every LBS had a Bob on their staff. If it can happen, Bob can make it happen. I've never been disappointed in his efforts and results, but you have to be able to get him to work on your particular situation, which is not an easy task given that you're one of hundreds. I hope that the owner of the store doesn't take his expertise and dedication for granted. Hope she realizes his true value.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Living the High Life
    It depends who you deal with at MOJO, most of the guys are pretty good. Regardless of service, no one can touch their inventory for DH stuff.

West Side Bike has some decent stuff in too, but not on that level. WSB is getting better though and they're carrying more DH oriented stuff.

I live right near MOJO and use it as my quick stop DH store when I'm in a hurry, because they'll most likely have what I'm looking for.

mtbr member
    I think every LBS will piss you off from time to time. It's the nature of the beast. My basic problem with them is they don't care if you miss the entire season of riding. That's why I try and do everything myself. Occasionally, I get in over my head and tuck my tail between my legs and go to the LBS. But it's all too often that you get the "I needed suchandsuch small part but I forgot to order it and we only do our orders on every third Tuesday so we'll have your bike until mid-January 2010. Thanks for the beer bro."

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by hairylegs
    I think every LBS will piss you off from time to time.
    Amen. Good help is hard to find, and every shop has at least one jerk working for them.
    Or running the place.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Because Bob is the Man of The Hour/Minute 24/7. He's such a great person that everything comes his way to be solved (shouldn't be that way I know). Whenever I'm in there he's the center of everyone's attention and he can only do so much. If only every LBS had a Bob on their staff. If it can happen, Bob can make it happen. I've never been disappointed in his efforts and results, but you have to be able to get him to work on your particular situation, which is not an easy task given that you're one of hundreds. I hope that the owner of the store doesn't take his expertise and dedication for granted. Hope she realizes his true value.
    Bob is the man. I have dealt with him on MANY occasions. He always treats me right. NEVER an issue. He's a good guy.

Slopestyle Rider
    Mojo Bob is the sh!t. He always hooks me up with the super deals, and I've never had an issue with anything they have ever done for me. Bob's dog Scooter bit my daughter once, and Bob bought me a big bottle of Vodka right then and there. I got drunk and all was cool.

Living the High Life
    Sounds like this thread should be "Props to MOJO Bob"

Big Boned
    Steve and Marcel are pretty cool, too.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    I once suffered from horrific flatulence - but one day, while checking out the sick new '08 Demo, Bob walked up behind me, touched my shoulder, and softly said "go forth brother, and hide thy face in shame no more"

I have not suffered horrific flatus since that encounter - in fact, I have yet to experience any flatus since.

Praise be unto Bob!
    Now with more vitriol!

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    I once suffered from horrific flatulence - but one day, while checking out the sick new '08 Demo, Bob walked up behind me...
    Sick is right...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Sick is right...
    Hey now, there was no innuendo intended, get yer mind outta the gutter and lay off the dbab.
    Now with more vitriol!