Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Pretty Much way OT!

But after the t.i.t.s. ride an interesting topic came up!

ok what is the sweetest concert you've ever been to, not just limited to Red Rocks! But that is kinda what i was looking for:

my top:

Depeche mode- yah im that old!

INXS - again that old!

Blues Traveler

not red rocks

George thorogood, bb king, john bonomassa, groove hawgs

George Strait

and any interesting bits of randomness welcome!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

percocet pioneer.
    dude..how could depeche mode be sweet..

my one bit of randomness i sort of dated, but mostly went to school with willie nelsons daughter and got the privledge of fishing on his property when i lived on upper bear!

the blog

Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    dude..how could depeche mode be sweet..
    uhmmm, everclear?

the blog

percocet pioneer.
    nevermind

um not sure, but was in my high school days, was at the time a pretty good show from what i remember! I also saw poison at red rocks but don't tell anyone!

the blog

Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    nevermind
    giving up that easy?

the blog

hehe ...you said "member"
    Best Red Rocks show:
    Metallica (the Cult opened - boo'd off stage) circa 1988. It started to rain durring "Creeping Death" when the whole crowd is chanting "die .... die ... die " They hit the crowd floods and lit the place up with the rain coming down - very cool looking and by-far the most overall anergy I've ever experienced at a live show.

Other cool shows at Red Rocks:
    Rush (two shows) last year's show and these guys still rock after 30+ years.
    Foo Fighters
    Jimmy Buffett - yeah, yeah, I know ... it's Jimmy Buffet.... but we would hit this show every year back in college and the party was always a blast.
    Beastie Boys opening for Run DMC (1986) - this is the most unique show I've seen at RR out of the dozens I've seen there. At the end, the B-Boys came out on stage with DMC - hammered! It was memorable in a comical sort of way

This year - looking to catch Kings of Leon in August
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

drinks from the fountain
    Motorhead at the Ogden! (LOUD)

Supersuckers w/ Nashville ***** at the bluebird ( I think ). White trash beer swilling fun!!

Any Tool concert.

Oh and Sublime at fiddlers.

And on and on.........
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

ride
    jake7, good call on Metallica. I saw them on the same tour (justice) back in Omaha when I was like 16 or 17. I agree on the energy of the crowd shouting die die during Creeping Death. Awesome show. Ian Astbury was so drunk he could hardly remember the words to Fire Woman.

Best show at Red Rocks? Radiohead a few years back. I was worried how their sound would carry live, but it was f*cking amazing. Thanks Debaser for urging me to go on that one
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I havent been to a show at Red Rocks yet.
    But, I have to agree, Metallica puts on the best show period. I have been to 4 of them, but the best one was when they coupled with Guns & Roses at the Oakland Colosseum.

I have seen Korn a few times. They put on a good show too.

On the other end of the spectrum, I saw Pink Floyd's Division Bell which was pretty awesome too.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

not actually bad :)
    Probably shouldn't post this - may lose a lot of friends!!!!
    But too bad - you asked.

These will get a lot of people worked up from some of these type posts I've seen in the past.

Christian concerts - Probably the best one was at my church - Applewood Baptist -
    Mark Schultz sometime last fall.
    The Newsboys and Kutless at DU a year or 2 ago was awesome.

Secular - my 1st 2 concerts - both at Red Rocks - Tom Petty one week and a couple weeks later The Doobie Brothers - 1981.

And I have one coming up you're all going to LOVE - - - Styx, REO Speedwagon and 38 Special at Red Rocks a week from Sunday. Should be interesting, going with a couple old high school buddies and the spouses!! Gotta relive the glory days I guess!!!
    Old Codger

eci
    Flogging molly on saint patty's day. FTW!

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    .......Metallica (the Cult opened - boo'd off stage) circa 1988.....
    .....Beastie Boys opening for Run DMC (1986) -.......
    Hit up the same tours in different places.
    Metallica @City Island, Harrisburg, PA: fun outdoor show
    BB/Run DMC/Whodini/LL Cool J @ Spectrum in Philthadelphia, PA: There was gunplay a few rows ahead of me, pure excitement!

Tops for me:

Lee 'Scratch' Perry @Club Zenith, Caen, FR, 1999: Incredible show, I've seen him several times, but no others sounded nearly as good as this one. Main reason this was such a great time was the fact that my bro came to visit & we hit it up together, just after a whirlwind trip thru Germany & Holland to celebrate his b-day...good, nay. Great times!
    22 Going on 23

slow
    Gotta go with Buffet at Red Rocks in the late 80's (second row).

Lyle Lovett at Red Rocks was pretty good in 1992. Lightning storm over Denver for much of the concert was awesome to see. Stands were not full, but we sat up high to watch the lightning.

I think I can.

OK I'll play

I will agree with Depeche Mode, little older than you so was in the military in Chicago. Saw them a little place called the Arragon, inside was a Renaissance decor, very cool, not a bad concert either.
    Guns-n-Roses in San Diego, Axle did a 30 minute intermission piano solo, man is very talented, great chance to recoupe before the second half, nearly a 3 1/2 hr concert for just them.
    Queen- LA forum 197?, yeah I know I'm old. Look for Adam Lambert to head up the revised Queen tour if American Idol lets him go.
    Following the Greatful Dead all around the west coast 80's-90's.

Have not seen a concert at Red Rocks as of yet so sorry I can not add that topic, although I did see Social Distortion a couple times in Denver, nice to see a good mosh pit in action without getting killed.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Yappy little dog!
    I'll bite...

1980 - ELO at the Meadowlands

1982 - Ramones at the Pier in NYC. Some dude in a Raw Sewage leather jacket threw an empty beer bottle at the singer from the Divynls (opening band). She was pissed, so she cut herself and smeared blood all over her face. Then the Ramones came on and did about forty songs in 30 minutes. They were so hopped up it was amazing.

Early 90's - Can't remember the year - Barenaked Ladies at some dive bar in Scarborough, Ontario. They were so good and I said to the guy I was working with, "these guys are going to be big". I was right.

Late 90's - Depeche Mode at the Spectrum in Philly. BTW - I have two tickets for the Red Rocks show that i can't make . I'll trade for two Weezer tickets (Fiddler's Green), since my kid has this need to see a sh!tty band. - Obviously in order for this to be a fair trade, the Weezer seats need to be reserved and up front.

Misses elastomer shocks
    MC Hammer - the "Please Hammer don't Hurt 'em Tour"

ohhh, yeah!

(not red rocks)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Woodstock... the original and yup, I am that old. Don't remember much but I know I had a hell of a good time.

friend of Apex
    Great thread, Kev

I've been to 8 Pantera concerts.

- Got kicked out of RedRocks at one, then snuck back in. (dont remember the route, sorry)
    - Shortly after Phil Anselmo ODed on Herion, I snuck in a flag that read "lets shoot up, Phil"
    - But the best was at the Ogden (I think, maybe the Bluebird or other small venue) He threw the microphone out into the front of the crowd. Several people jostled for it, but I wound up with it after a short struggle. I got to sing the chorus to WALK-

RE- SPECT, WALK - are you talkin to me? Are you talkin to me ? Walk on home, boy

Other than that, I'd say Tool and Rise Against have put on some good shows recently, and I'll be goin to both soon.
    311 / Snoop was fun last year... and I took my parents to see Steely Dan a couple summers ago, that was fun. (both RedRocks shows)

Yeah, Red Rocks is always fun
    .... even on a bike. I had some people trippin (literally) in absolute awe of me riding a bike through the parking lot while doin a MW/Dakota loop about 10 - 15 years ago. Funny stuff, I think it was Phish show.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

That was pretty much my early experiences at red rocks not too many over the years but couple years ago was bb king, al greene, and etta james. old bb was just sitting but still playin good!

First ever concert was AC/DC when i was like 13, so if i say huh alot that is why and saw em again the next year.

A pretty good show was Warsaw in keystone back in 2000! Evan have you ever heard of warsaw?

the blog

<100%
    Simon and Garfunkle in Central Park - not for the music or the show, we were too far away to even see the stage - but it was fun.

The Outlaws in Randolph NJ late 80's. Small club, standing right at the stage w 4 guitars coming at you like you were in a live fire zone.

My first one ever, Styx at the checker dome in St. Louis. 1977 or 78.

Goofing off?
    At the Gates and Dissection back in 96 in Corona Cali.
    Dissmembered in 93
    Entomed in 91 in San Diego
    I used to be a metal head

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

cool list

One of my favorites was Primus in 2000 I think at the Ogden. In the washing machine up front throughout the show awesome time. Somewhere in the middle of the show Bucket Head comes out and jams, that was really cool. Then during the encore, with Bucket Head back some kid jumps on the stage and as a bouncer (like 300 pound dude) tries to grab the kid he gets thrown back on his heels and into Larry Lalonde's entire amp stack which completely falls over backwards. The whole band kind of goes WTF but never quite stops, then Bucket Head hands off his guitar to Lalonde and busts out some nun chucks and does a sweet routine for the rest of the song and show.

slow
    Didn't attend, but the best concert posters I saw was for a concert at Downstairs at Erics in Breckenridge in the early 90's featuring these two bands:

"Barenaked Ladies"
    "Free Beer"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast