mtbr member

Pre work Hidden Mesa Cruise! 2-19-10

My friend and I went up to Hidden Mesa today after the light snow dusting. Decided to to take out my Ol classic FS for a spin, been a while since I rode it. The conditions were a lot of fun fresh tracks from TH till the loop where there was 1 hiker. No mud and plenty of rocks to play on. I grabbed a few pictures, the other guy has more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You're wearing me out, man.

Alaskan in exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover
    My friend and I went up to Hidden Mesa today after the light snow dusting. Decided to to take out my Ol classic FS for a spin, been a while since I rode it. The conditions were a lot of fun fresh tracks from TH till the loop where there was 1 hiker. No mud and plenty of rocks to play on. I grabbed a few pictures, the other guy has more.
    I'll look for your tracks when I head to HM after work today! Although I think I'll ride up Pleasant View Road and enter HM from the west to add a couple miles on to my ride...
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

Your bike is incorrigible
    I was going to head up there, but fear of mud stopped me. Now I know better. It's that double track part of the loop on top that gets really bad (and stays bad for a long time).

Kid In The Helmet
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork
    I agree - you are making all of us look bad. You are a badass Funrover!
    Ride Hard & Don't Get Dead!

mtbr member
    Nice pics, always have a blast up on the Mesa...nice rock bridge, did you ride it from both directions?

Sunday! Going to HM on Sunday when there will be 5 inches of fresh snow! Now that will be fun on the rocks.

Alaskan in exile.

HM post-work ride

Trail was still frozen up nicely this afternoon.
    Kilroy... I mean, Funrover was here.

Were they going CW or CCW on the loop?

HM & Rim Loop jct

East rim

South rim

I wish Funrover and I were not on opposite work schedules. His photos seem to say he would be a blast to ride with! I had fun trying to duplicate the lines they took playing in the rock garden. Fun stuff!
    nanook93

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Thats why i would never hit that double track section, why ride that when you could reverse the rocks. But thats just me!

rite on FR!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

not actually bad :)
    Barends!!
    Awesome.
    I thought Got Dirt and I were the only ones that rode those anymore.
    And mine are broke now, so not even me anymore.
    Nice pix, I will have to head down there sometime and get a tour from one of you folks.
    Old Codger

Alaskan in exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    Thats why i would never hit that double track section, why ride that when you could reverse the rocks. But thats just me!
    Well, when the double track is dry and smooth, it's kind of fun to go as fast as you can down that long slope up top and jump the water breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Barends!!
    Awesome.
    Nice pix, I will have to head down there sometime and get a tour from one of you folks.
    Yeah, I've read plenty of online threads with people arguing about bar ends. Personally, I have experienced ALL of the positives and NONE of the negatives that always end up getting discussed about bar ends. Plus, if a bunch of people tell me bar ends have become "uncool", that just gives me one more reason to use 'em!
    nanook93

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock1079
    I agree - you are making all of us look bad. You are a badass Funrover!
    LOL, I just take it slow and easy.. No wearing anyone out here!

Quote Originally Posted by nanook93
    I'll look for your tracks when I head to HM after work today! Although I think I'll ride up Pleasant View Road and enter HM from the west to add a couple miles on to my ride...
    I need to learn where it comes in on that side, We start at the TH just because it's easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    I was going to head up there, but fear of mud stopped me. Now I know better. It's that double track part of the loop on top that gets really bad (and stays bad for a long time).
    There is a doubletrack up top and at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by dancorley
    Nice pics, always have a blast up on the Mesa...nice rock bridge, did you ride it from both directions?
    No, I only rode it one way (CW) this time. But I did it a few times hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by nanook93
    Trail was still frozen up nicely this afternoon.
    Kilroy... I mean, Funrover was here.

I wish Funrover and I were not on opposite work schedules. His photos seem to say he would be a blast to ride with! I had fun trying to duplicate the lines they took playing in the rock garden. Fun stuff!
    Glad you had fun out there man! It's a nice little trail set up. Too bad on the work thing maybe a SAT or SUN sometime. The rock garden is always a blast, but I didn't want to beat up on my old Pro Flex too bad.. It has already put in many years of hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Barends!!
    Awesome.
    Just say when man! I'd be more than happy to show you around! I grew up with bar ends and think they are great. For some reason I just prefer them only on straight bars. They were really helpful yesterday!

I'm going to be looking for you tomorrow. I should be out there around noon, maybe a little earlier. But I only do the loop on top, not the nasty climb up from the east side.