Flowtronic engineer

Powder Day at Keystone 7/4

Damn it was good today. Little mud, no dust...absolutely focking ripping traction.

Who got some? I think I saw some familiar faces. Snowskilz needs to ditch the WTB f. tire....Maxxis, dood!

Did anyone else run into the Channel 4 people? I guess I may be on the 10pm news getting extreeeeeme in the Drop Zone.....I'm gonna sound all freetarded. They got to me after a safe chairlift ride.

Oh yeah...then there was the utter lack of traffic @ 3pm.

edit: I found the video http://cbs4denver.com/video/?cid=5

I'm the talking helmet
    Last edited by shabadu; 07-05-2006 at 05:54 AM.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Is that who the camera folks were?? I was coming down Voodoo I think it was, and some lady jumps out of nowhere asking if I'm going to hit the drop. Uhh, maybe if that big camera wasn't pointed at me

It was a really good day, not very crowded at all and the rain stayed away.

eci
    Nice helmet shot!

What time were they up there? wish i could of been cool like you whipping it out on the 5 ft'r

Turnst out it wasnt the tire, the valve core was leaking. changed that out and was good to go.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Haha... I'm not really surprised to see Mabry in that clip, seems like he lives at Keystone these days.

Braap!

Flowtronic engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Nice helmet shot!

What time were they up there? wish i could of been cool like you whipping it out on the 5 ft'r

Turnst out it wasnt the tire, the valve core was leaking. changed that out and was good to go.
    It was our 3rd run of the day...not sure what time it was. They were like, "Gonna hit the big one?" "Nahhh, but I'll try and get stylie on the little one for you". Then I hit the middle a few times over the course of the day. I'm gonna have to just sack up and hit jaws next time.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

mtbr member
    Nice to see some local folks rippin' it up for the local news! Right on! I wish I would have been there to get on as well! At the time, I was on the greens with my g/f trying to teach her to DH. It was her first day ever on singletrack and didn't do half bad! I was able to get in a couple of fast runs with some friends later, though, before the lifts closed.

Awesomist™
    Your girlfriend rides downhill.
    Last edited by Full Trucker; 07-05-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: stupid smiley.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Nice to see some local folks rippin' it up for the local news! Right on! I wish I would have been there to get on as well! At the time, I was on the greens with my g/f trying to teach her to DH. It was her first day ever on singletrack and didn't do half bad! I was able to get in a couple of fast runs with some friends later, though, before the lifts closed.
    Grant, that's awesome.

Now you just need to get her to race at Snowmass or something.

Is anybody going to be riding Keystone this upcoming weekend? I think I 'might' be able to dig up enough money to go up for a day.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Stand back

Not quite Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    I'm gonna have to just sack up and hit jaws next time.
    Yeah, I am telling myself the same thing. I'm not used to having shite at the local resorts that scares me.

Thumper, too bad Grace isn't riding mtbs this year, she would be good company for Julie on the easy trails. Ahh, maybe next year, only she might be a little slower cuz she'll be pulling a burley.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We were there on Sunday and conditions were PERFECT! Got 5 runs in, then they closed the lifts because of lightening.

Finally made it through the 1st rock garden cleanly on Cowboy Up Felt pretty good about that. Started jumping the bridge step down out of the woods, that's super fun....can't wait to get back!

We'll be there one day this weekend....most likely on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Hello, I am headin up to Keystone from AZ at the end of August (ROADTRIP!!!! ) to watch the Keystone Climax Mountain Bike Finals.

I was wondering if the locals here could give me some info or point to a website on the weather conditions around that time.

Any helpful info is appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OhTeeBee
    Hello, I am headin up to Keystone from AZ at the end of August (ROADTRIP!!!! ) to watch the Keystone Climax Mountain Bike Finals.

I was wondering if the locals here could give me some info or point to a website on the weather conditions around that time.

Any helpful info is appreciated.

Thanks
    Colorado high country in Sept... Be prepared for anything!

mtbr member
    That means it could be a high of 90 or it could snow....and everything in between. Your best bet is to go to weather.com and check the 10 day forecast before you leave.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

VooDoo user.
    www.noaa.com

Most accurate weather I've found.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the weather info everyone.