ride

Potential for more bike access in East side of RMNP`

Found this in the Estes Park paper. The potential is huge! Multiuse trails within RMNP! Event though they cite many things including strollers and umbrellas that fall under multi use, now's the time to show up to the meeting or comment so your voice is heard and they know what you want. Check it out...

Public meeting scheduled on potential Rocky Mountain National Park multiuse trail system - Estes Park Trail-Gazette
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I remember a thread about this awhile back... except it may have been the west-side? I sent in my comments supporting bike access on those trails. I think I should send another supporting multi-use on the east side as well.

lucky enough
    Let's get the ground swell going!
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    I remember a thread about this awhile back... except it may have been the west-side? I sent in my comments supporting bike access on those trails. I think I should send another supporting multi-use on the east side as well.
    I think maybe you're thinking of this one?
    Colorado Trail Access Issues

That Environmental Assessment was about getting mountain bike access on a proposed reroute of the CDT. Your submitted comments were on the EA document and the preferred alternative (which excluded bikes).

This new EA posted by ignazr is still in the early scoping stage. That means they have an idea of what they want to do, but want public input on what the alternatives might be. This is a good opportunity to advocate for allowing bikes on the *preferred* alternative (as opposed to fighting the preferred alternative after it's been selected, as we did with the CDT).

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jradin View Post
    I think maybe you're thinking of this one?
    Colorado Trail Access Issues

That Environmental Assessment was about getting mountain bike access on a proposed reroute of the CDT. Your submitted comments were on the EA document and the preferred alternative (which excluded bikes).

This new EA posted by ignazr is still in the early scoping stage. That means they have an idea of what they want to do, but want public input on what the alternatives might be. This is a good opportunity to advocate for allowing bikes on the *preferred* alternative (as opposed to fighting the preferred alternative after it's been selected, as we did with the CDT).
    Nope - this was *specifically* related to multi-use trail options in RMNP on the *west* side by Grand Lake. I'll try to find the thread...

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006

Snippets from NPS Newsletter

There are some informative documents at this NPS website:

NPS PEPC - Multi-Use Trail Environmental Assessment

Here are a few snippets from a NPS newsletter describing the proposed multi-use trail.

Potential for more bike access in East side of RMNP`-proposed-trail-map.jpg

Potential for more bike access in East side of RMNP`-alignment.jpg

Potential for more bike access in East side of RMNP`-trail-photo.jpg

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Perhaps I'm misreading the project scope, but I think this is more bike "path" than "trail". Graded, 10 ft wide path that mostly parallels existing roads. Still a great project, but not singletrack. Does this project open up potential for access to other trails around Estes Park?

bacon! bacon! bacon!

ride
    At this point, there's nothing but proposals so it's anything goes. We'd really appreciate your comments. Even a soft surface "path" would be great as there just arent' that many options for riding bikes close in to Estes that aren't on the road. Part of the scope of the project is to get folks enjoying the park WITHOUT THEIR CARS. Big deal, especially with the auto congestion in RMNP.

Part of the reason it mostly follows roads is because most of RMNP is also officially designated wilderness. This proposed multi use path stays outside of the designated wilderness areas.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO