mtbr member

Is it possible to pre-ride Firecracker yet?

Hey there high-country folk,

I'm hoping to do a lap of the course here soon since I've never raced it before. Is there any chance of doing that before the 4th, or is everything still wet/snowy?

thanks.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. -- Mario Andretti

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    No. You can ride some portions of it but there's still a lot of snow up high. If the weather doesn't start warming up there is going to be some shoveling necessary.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I just got up on Baker's Tank today, and I decided to turn off before the tank as the early turn off looked pretty muddy. I'm sure the upper section of this trail (the first part of the Firecracker loop) is still very wet. I do know that Sally Barber is fine (just the road, but I rode up it yesterday), but I'm going to bet that Little French is still covered in snow or very wet. A friend rode the bottom part of Nightmare and said that the bottom of that trail was fine, but he didn't go up as high as the Firecracker loop goes.

So, in short, to confirm what was previously said, it's not ready yet. IF we get some warm weather and a bit more rain to wash away the snow, it might be ready in the next couple of weeks....but that is probably the optimistic viewpoint right now.