mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Is it possible to connect from Georgia to Boreas Pass?

Without having to descend the CT to the Dredge Boat then ride up the Flume trails?

ridin dirtay
    Black Powder pass?

Looks a bit steep on the French side.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    For clarity, my goal is start riding at Kenosha and end up in Como. Covering a good bit of ground without having to the full Kenosha to Breck shuttle or climb up Boreas Pass from Breck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    when you come off of the colo trail you'll be on the middle fork of the swan

ride the road down and head over to the south fork of the swan, look for american gulch road and start climbing, long and hard on a dirt road

at the top of humbug hill go down a million different ways eventually ending up at the bottom of sallie barber road in french gulch.

Climb sallie barber and you'll have a few different ways to head over to boreas pass. some easy and lots of pavement, others too much fun with lots of climbing.

depending on how you really get over there, expect 2000- 3000 ft of climbing before you even get onto boreas pass road

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    For clarity, my goal is start riding at Kenosha and end up in Como. Covering a good bit of ground without having to the full Kenosha to Breck shuttle or climb up Boreas Pass from Breck.
    think you can stay high enough to avoid climbing some of Boreas, I definitely could be wrong, I've only done it the way these guys did it.

50+ plus miles, 3 Passes and some old Flumes

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Black Powder pass does not really have a trail over it on the French Gulch side. It is a big carry and not recommended.

You can take several ways over the ridge that separates the Swan and French drainages (the Golden Horseshoe) but the method described above going up American/Georgia gulch road is the most strait forward. (go down the Little French flume rather than the Humbug Jeep road) Climb Sally Barber and from the top of that, keep climbing nightmare on Baldy. From there you can take the Firecracker course in reverse to Bakers Tank trail which will dump you out on Boreas Pass rd about 3.5 miles from the summit. The Gold Dust trail is much preferred for getting down to Como over the rd.