Alaskan in exile.

On a positive note...

With the number of negative "trail encounter" threads we see here, I just thought I would give kudos to all the trail users that I shared the trail with on Sunday. I rode the Coyote Ridge - Rimrock - Indian Summer combo yesterday and everyone I crossed path with was pleasant, friendly, and considerate. Plenty of proper yielding to go around! Props especially to the group of ~10 riders, coming down from the Blue Sky/Rimrock intersection, that let me climb uninterrupted. Thanks guys!

Considering how it is always easier to remember the jacka$$es out there, I thought it would be good to point out that there are a lot of good people too! I now await the revoking of my intrawebs membership card for being too happy on a forum!
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

lucky enough
    good to hear!
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    agreed, I went out with my husband and 3 out-of-towners and we rode the entire Marshall Mesa complex yesterday when it was super duper busy (since it was the only thing we could get a decent ride in on before they had to leave to drive back to Cincinnati). Everyone (bikes, horses, hikers, the lot) was super friendly and chill, even on Doudy which can be pretty sketch on a busy day.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Boring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was thinking the same thing, every nob from the front range seemed to be in summit this weekend. Trails were crowded and busy in places, hikers, dogs, other bikers,

it's all about attitude I slowed down, said hi, seemed like the welcome wagon at times, kept smiling

had some d bag come right at me on a downhill so I held my ground and ran him into a tree, kept going, not my problem then again on another ride this weekend I followed some girl with ear fones in and she didn't know I was behind her for like a half mile, I wasn't in a hurry and the view wasn't bad at all, but she gave me a dirty look when she finally realized I was there

then again I did almost take out some guy on a downhill, I stopped felt bad, he was sucking wind so bad and wasn't even a third of the way up the climb, I apologized and told him to have a GREAT DAY!! what's even better is a quit my job so I'm going riding today and no one will be around NO ONE cause your vaction weekend is over suckers