Shattering Glass

Plans for the heat wave?

Temps next weekend might break 60 degrees
    Global warming alarmist's can show their face's again.

An epic might be in order. Does anyone know if centennial cone is buried in snow?
    See ya'll out there.

Old, stale, negative
    Keep the grumblings going, I wanna ride a 3 plus hour epic in Feb. CC would be fun, but keep the options coming.

mtbr member
    Is CC still closed for the hunting/migration thing? (too lazy to look it up right now)

Which way? Uphill.
    Quote Originally Posted by bike21
    Is CC still closed for the hunting/migration thing? (too lazy to look it up right now)
    It reopened on the 1st, but the Elk Range Trail is closed for the Elk migration in the area. So, no full loops allowed, just out and back.
    http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/news/n...em_T3_R920.htm

Right now the closure is until June 15th, but they will lift it sooner if the Elk clear out earlier.
    Don't forget that MTBs have the even numbered weekend days and hikers have the odd numbered days.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    are any of the trails going to be clear by this weekend? saturday will be warm and Im hoping that by Sunday afternoon, Dakota Ridge might be rideable...... too optimistic?

nice marmot.
    With the latest batch of snow on the ground I'm thinking that this weekend will be super extra sloppy out there as it all melts. It won't be warm enough to melt AND dry. I'm sticking with urban riding + snowboarding until it re-freezes.....

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by ictoacoy
    With the latest batch of snow on the ground I'm thinking that this weekend will be super extra sloppy out there as it all melts. It won't be warm enough to melt AND dry. I'm sticking with urban riding + snowboarding until it re-freezes.....
    I'm guessing that the stuff closest to me (Marshal Mesa, Dowdy, etc) will be pretty bad.

Anyone know how Betasso might be looking?
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMark
    I'm guessing that the stuff closest to me (Marshal Mesa, Dowdy, etc) will be pretty bad.

Anyone know how Betasso might be looking?
    from magnolia batasso was looking almost doable until this last snow, I haven't seen the north facing stuff though. probably not so good

30 something dad
    So what was the verdict on Centennial Cone, meaning the portion unaffected by the Elk closure? Even if it's an out and back, CC would be fun this weekend....

mtbr member

You can loop it via roads

Quote Originally Posted by nepbug
    It reopened on the 1st, but the Elk Range Trail is closed for the Elk migration in the area. So, no full loops allowed, just out and back.
    http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/news/n...em_T3_R920.htm
    Not exactly, you can loop it by dirt road. Once you get to the closure, you exit via that parking lot and take the first right after a short downhill section. The dirt road climbs... and climbs... and climbs until you get over the ridge. Then you roll up and down for a while until you hit pavement. Turn right, then right again and SCREAM downhill back to the lot. My PR is 51 mph on the final downhill back to the lot (on 2.35" kobbies). All the roads are on the JeffCo map.

It's a heck of a climbing workout actually and the last downhill bit is a blast. I need to see what I speed I can hit over that stretch on my roadbike. I'm thinking 60 mph isn't out of the question.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by truepatriot09
    So what was the verdict on Centennial Cone, meaning the portion unaffected by the Elk closure? Even if it's an out and back, CC would be fun this weekend....
    We got a good amount of snow in Golden, can't imagine CC was ready even before this.....so now even more of a long shot.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Snowy

Pretty snowy around there. The warm temps will just form lotsa mud and ice. I've been having good luck night riding Green Mountain on my SS, but the higher temps might keep that from freezing until really late, ruining that for a spell.

Looks like the roadie will get another 60 mile ride in this weekend though.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

Shattering Glass
    It's always like this. Warm weather coming up but snow first. Bring back the drought with 70 degree winters. oh well

skillz to pay billz
    mud wrestling!

mtbr member
    Time to break out the rollers

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    No way, the roads are good to ride. Anything is better than riding on rollers.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    Tru-dat! STM was just looking perfect before this last dump, but now it will probably be another couple weeks before it has any chance of drying out again, and that's being silly-optimistic we won't get more snow in the meantime.

Waterton is always a good call if you just need dirt under your tires and no traffic, but use in moderation, as the monotony can wear on a man.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

Ride Everything
    Current temp: 55f
    Current trail conditions: see below

GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Ute Valley Park was mud and ice. Fun for all
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Void the rollers. The roads are excellent right now to build some general bike fitness.

Threshold Test
    Picture taken outside Fort Collins on 2-9-08

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    Void the rollers. The roads are excellent right now to build some general bike fitness.

Threshold Test
    Picture taken outside Fort Collins on 2-9-08
    Beautiful day for a ride! I passed you going the other direction on Overland. My fiancée and I were out for a spin before an appointment to taste wedding cake in Loveland today.