We can rebuild him

Pic's & info. from Lake Pueblo

Along with some info. I thought I would post some pictures of my 11 year old son & wife hammering the trails. If you race beginner look out for him on race day! I met with CDOT yesterday regarding Voodoo, seems no one person can make a decision. I have to meet with a couple of managers at the site today. I hope it is a good sign that they are willing to meet me rather than just blow me off. We will see, keep your fingers crossed and your Voodoo dolls in hand. We are looking at building a float able bridge if the water gets to the new crossing and next year maybe a permanent longer one at the original crossing. If you have ideas, experience or building materials on building float able bridges let us know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chronic 1st-timer
    Cleaning 'Log Drop' like it ain't even there, ride on!

mtbr member
    Hey Ozzie, I ran into you guys on outer limits. Me: Kevin, Red Giant NRS. That was a nice day. Floatable bridge huh? Cool idea, never built one though... Question, does CDOT own more land than just adjacent to the highway? Or does this mean the proposed reroute takes you out to 96? Curious.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have no experience with floating bridges, but that won't stop me from pitching in my $.02.

At the point of the crossing, if the lake goes down leaving the bridge on the ground, and you get a big thunder storm, isn't there a big risk of the bridge getting ripped out by flash flood water? Just a thought...

Team Inflexible
    Sweet.... More P Town Pics

mtbr member

just don't ask these guys...

We can rebuild him
    I don't care what anyone says that was funny. Hey, they might have learned from their mistakes and it didn't sink. The CDOT guy was awesome, he is also a bike rider, were we "Lucky". They are going to make two openings in the fence and allow us to use the bar ditch so we don't have to be on the highway. This is a temporary high water access it will be closed when the water recedes and we can use our original route. Our idea on the bridge is to make it in sections so during spring run off it can be taken apart and stored. That's our idea anyway. Griz, we have to go to 96, the steep canyon walls run all the way to the highway, unless you want to repel. We thought about that but the ride back up would suck. That was a great ride, if you ever want to hook up for a ride let me know. That was my wife doing log drop, her and my son wouldn't let me try it. They said they are tired of nursing me back after all my surgeries ( 20 and counting ). Besides that my left knee was installed last May and hasn't fully healed. One more injury and they said their sending me off to the old folks home. Old bikers never die they just build trails.