mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Peter Boyles on bike riding tomorrow AM...

For anyone who cares… I heard this morning that on Peter Boyles show tomorrow morning (5-9? AM-630 KHOW) he’ll be discussing bike riding (I think he said…”you’ll be surprised to find how some bike riders are using multi-use trails”) on multi-use trails. I only caught him mentioning it so I’m not exactly sure what it’s going to deal with but I’d suspect that it turns out very similar to the “comment” section in the Daily Camera every time a bike article runs, ie. a train wreck.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

skillz to pay billz
    hopefully he'll be able to answer the 'tire' question, decisively.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    hopefully he'll be able to answer the 'tire' question, decisively.
    Haha
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Alot of calls about a-hole cyclists riding fast on the Cherry Creek trail or in Wash Park. Unfortunately these a-hole cyclists make ALL of us look bad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Damn, forgot all about it! Nothing like a little anti-bike rage on the way into work!
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    Damn, forgot all about it! Nothing like a little anti-bike rage on the way into work!
    Yeah. Exactly. I listened to a little bit of it. Just the typical anti-cyclist rage.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    I'm waiting for the show on fat, lazy, oafish, McDonald's eating, American Idol watching, PT Cruiser accessorizing football fans - so that I can call in and vent my rage too.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    I was able to listen between 7:30 to 8am. The general gist of it that I caught was that there are way too many full-on hard core roadies 'training' (i.e. hauling ass) around Wash Park, and Cherry Creek trail. I didn't hear anyone calling in to defend bikers in general, but i only had that 30 minute window to listen.

Most of the callers were giving the obvious comments "Bikers are rude, they are careless, they ride too fast.." etc, etc.

I never heard anything negative regarding pedestrians, like maybe...

1.)Soccer moms with baby strollers walking 3 abreast across the whole freaking trail
    2.)Joggers with their iPod blasting flip out when a biker passes them CAREFULLY
    3.)Walkers/joggers walking dogs that dart out in different directions, or that aren't leashed at all.

Boyles overall is the easiest talk show dude to listen to in our area. All the others are either ultra right or left wing, and espose a lot of insanely biased garbage.
    Last edited by dtmartin46; 06-09-2009 at 01:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I caught the 7:45-8:15 section, actually had a bike rider a little past 8.

He seemed to be going towards two things:

1. A speed limit similar to Wash Park, he mentioned Wash Park a number of times as a place where the residents were able to band together and find a solution.
    2. Seperate bike/ped sides of the creek. It's been a while since I have ridden CC Trail but I know close to Confluence they have this setup. The idea being, here's your bike path cyclists, go crazy. But they did acknowledge that there areas that mixed use woudl be neccessary and that brought them back to the above speed limit.

Then a bunch of fat people in cages called up to rant about bikers

He did get a kick out of the biker referring to Dog Fishers (dog lovers and their long leashes).

Having commuted on the CC a couple of summers, a speed limit would have cost me some time, but nothing serious enough to disuade me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've always wondered if the roadies in their racing jerseys and spandex pants ever get their heartrate above 70 coasting around Wash Park and the CC trail. I think they're just oggling the ladies.

Rolling
    Lucky us, we can listen here (rolls eyes)

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...0609PETE8A.mp3

skillz to pay billz
    no talk about tires for the front range? I call BS.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I never heard anything negative regarding pedestrians, like maybe...

1.)Soccer moms with baby strollers walking 3 abreast across the whole freaking trail
    2.)Joggers with their iPod blasting flip out when a biker passes them CAREFULLY
    3.)Walkers/joggers walking dogs that dart out in different directions, or that aren't leashed at all.
    I listened from around 6am to 9am. There were a few callers commenting on the kinds of folks that dtmartin46 mentioned, but not too many. It was mostly a rant about racing roadies on the trail between Cherry Creek Dam and Confluence Park. IIRC, there were 2 or 3 cyclists that had some positive stuff, but like me, they didn't seem to understand the 'training' involved in lapping Wash Park.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    I'm waiting for the show on fat, lazy, oafish, McDonald's eating, American Idol watching, PT Cruiser accessorizing football fans - so that I can call in and vent my rage too.

that'll be the day! Peter Boyles is a ****ing tool.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork
    I've always wondered if the roadies in their racing jerseys and spandex pants ever get their heartrate above 70 coasting around Wash Park and the CC trail. I think they're just oggling the ladies.
    that is exactly why I use to ride said locations. No self respecting "hardcore" roadie would ride above say 18mph around Wash Park. You just look like a gym class hero.