Biker Boater Boarder

Peaks Trail Open Frisco 2 Breckenridge.

Was curious if anyone knew whether or not the Peaks trail is open and free of mud-ice etc. thought i would ask since we have had this Indian Summer?
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Not free of mud snow and ice.

bike rider
    I wouldn't expect it to be. It's colder and more shaded than trails on the other side of route 9. Also seems to get more precipitation. Since we're on the topic though and I'm out of town, where is the snow/mud line? Is anything in Summit good riding right now? Frisco Penninsula? Dredgeboat trailhead? How far up can you go above Carter park before it gets muddy? I left Oct 22nd this year and it sounds like I jumped the gun and missed a few weeks of riding.
    Keep the Country country.

Biker Boater Boarder
    Yep north side of 9 was pretty clear today... I rode up and over Swan and then up Fry Gulch which is above the dump and shooting range and found some great stuff, especially the downhill that comes out at St. Johns.
    Frisco Pennisula I've heard is clear....I think I'm going to go find out tomorrow. Anyone wanna go?
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

Biker Boater Boarder
    As of 11/29 Peaks Trail is open to Breckenridge... There is snow the last 3/4 up but its packed snow and fun. I wouldnt down hill it to Frisco, but i rode 99.5 % without having to hike. Thanks to the shade temps its not muddy, but snowey with ice in rare spots.

Tour De Trash trail is also open above the dump, Fry Gulch was pretty clear in Keystone, St. johns down hill completely clear. Keystone trail to Dillon above dump too.. So plenty of riding open.

Frisco Peninsula really awesome right now too.
    Adios,
    "Chaco"