Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Park ride on Sunday?

3K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  EricTheRed 
#1 ·
I'm going to do a fairly long ride in the park on Sunday morning if anyone is interested. My plan so far is to link together all of the good stuff so armor is highly recommended.

#4 ·
kristian said:
I'm going to do a fairly long ride in the park on Sunday morning if anyone is interested. My plan so far is to link together all of the good stuff so armor is highly recommended.
If I have my bike back together by then, I'd like to tag along. Been riding up there once a week, but probably haven't seen half of the cool stuff.

PS-You coming out for the trail maintenance day in October?

Jason

#8 ·
Right on

Rally Blue said:
I'm in for some riding again. I assume that this is in Palmer park in the Springs. Also do you think that my PM from last week is doable. Looking forward to riding with you again.
Sweet--you'll love it. PM me your email address again and I'll email you directions and stuff.

Snowskills, if you aren't going to come down with Dave, PM me and I'll get you directions too (and anyone else interested).

K

#10 ·
kristian said:
Sweet--you'll love it. PM me your email address again and I'll email you directions and stuff.

Snowskills, if you aren't going to come down with Dave, PM me and I'll get you directions too (and anyone else interested).

K
i know how to get there, just gotta find out which side your gonna be one. i'll talk to dave and go from there

thanks

#12 ·
bpatterson6 said:
I'm interested in a ride on sunday...but I dont have an XC bike, It is the kind of trails you could ride a DH or DJ/4x bike on?
No on the DH bike for sure--we will be doing a lot of short climbs. The DJ bike might work though. What gearing does it have? I spend 100% of the time in my granny gear in the park but I have friends who middle ring most of the time. I guess the way to look at it is: Could you ride it up a 4 to 8 step staircase every hundred feet for 8 miles? That is obviously an over-simplification but it's about as close of a description of what we're going to climb as I can think of. Of course, for each up there is a corresponding down.

#13 ·
Scabby Elbowz said:
If I have my bike back together by then, I'd like to tag along. Been riding up there once a week, but probably haven't seen half of the cool stuff.

PS-You coming out for the trail maintenance day in October?

Jason
Isn't the trail maintenance day this Saturday? I think I am going to have to work but I won't know until Friday afternoon. Do you have the details?

#14 ·
kristian said:
No on the DH bike for sure--we will be doing a lot of short climbs. The DJ bike might work though. What gearing does it have? I spend 100% of the time in my granny gear in the park but I have friends who middle ring most of the time. I guess the way to look at it is: Could you ride it up a 4 to 8 step staircase every hundred feet for 8 miles? That is obviously an over-simplification but it's about as close of a description of what we're going to climb as I can think of. Of course, for each up there is a corresponding down.
My DJ/4x Bike is a Azonic Ds-1 Hard Tail with a 44t and chain guide upfront and then a SRAM 11-32t Cassette in the back. Think that might work?

#18 ·
ibmkidIII said:
a 44t up front...ouch. Seems like that would suck. If you could swap the 44t for a 32t then you'd be much better off I'd say.
Yeah, went back to a 32 and soon swapping back to a 34T in the front of the Chase after I pulled the 26T/36T dual rings off the front... 32/34 does seem doable on trails with like a 11-34 cassette when I do ride that bike on trails anymore, which ain't often with having my XC bike as a better option.

Only rode part of Palmer once, would like to ride down there again sometime. Would probably bring the XC bike though, the current 7" of unlockable squish on the front of the urban/DJ is hell to climb on (but great for blasting up and down stairs repeatedly). And I'd wear my armor, that place looks like a blast down there, but I bought my Fox ankle protectors specifically after the result of riding there last time.

Cheers,

Dave

#22 ·
Scabby Elbowz said:
Could be one this weekend, for all I know. Only one I've heard about is coming up Oct 16th.

I'm out for the ride this week. Need new wheel & fork. Also need groceries.
I've got a currently unused Marz DJ3 fork and a set of D321 wheels spoked to Hope XC (QR) hubs laying around, but you don't want this stuff, it's too heavy...

Dave

#23 ·
mtbdirteater said:
I've got a currently unused Marz DJ3 fork and a set of D321 wheels spoked to Hope XC (QR) hubs laying around, but you don't want this stuff, it's too heavy...

Dave
Thanks for the offer, Dave. There is an outside chance I could have a wheel by this weekend. Don't know how aggro I want to get on my Judy, though.

Kristian - There will be a trail maintenance day on Saturday the 16th. North side of the park somewhere. I'll post up when the location is firm. Have you been involved with what's going on in the CANYON?

#24 ·
Scabby Elbowz said:
Kristian - There will be a trail maintenance day on Saturday the 16th. North side of the park somewhere. I'll post up when the location is firm. Have you been involved with what's going on in the CANYON?
What "going on", the freeride park or possibly opening up Gold camp to cars again? (two canyon things with buzzes at the moment). I am definetly interested in the freeride park and will try to help whenever possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.