Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Palmer Sunday?

locked - time out

Palmer Sunday?

Hola - thought I'd post this here and see if anyone else is interested in hitting Palmer next Sunday 12/12. It's supposed to be nice the entire week, so unless something happens Sat or Sun, I imagine it could be just about perfect...

Card Carrying Member
    I was thinking the same thing for the same day.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Sunday sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I was thinking the same thing for the same day.
    I'm in.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Haven't missed a weekend yet,

so I'm down. 9'ish at the stables? I noticed last weekend that it started getting crowded just around noon...well, crowded means I started seeing other people and why are they always going the opposite direction I am?

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    so I'm down. 9'ish at the stables? I noticed last weekend that it started getting crowded just around noon...well, crowded means I started seeing other people and why are they always going the opposite direction I am?
    9 sounds perfect to me.

Isn't it supposed to be a good thing if the masses are headed in the opposite direction that you are?

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Church gets out at 11:30... :)

I noticed last weekend that it started getting crowded just around noon...
    The best thing about living in Colorado Springs is having the trails almost completely to myself on Sunday morning!

why are they always going the opposite direction I am?
    \

Try going the other way on the trails for a change. I'm really bad about going the same way every time but most of the trails (all except Edna Mae and the Improv) are just as much fun in the other direction.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    The best thing about living in Colorado Springs is having the trails almost completely to myself on Sunday morning!

\

Try going the other way on the trails for a change. I'm really bad about going the same way every time but most of the trails (all except Edna Mae and the Improv) are just as much fun in the other direction.
    Yeah, that must be it, but what about on Saturdays? I heard on NPR that CS was the center of the Evangelical universe....

I still don't know the Palmer trails well and since I'm so out of shape, I'm just following the wheel in front of me so I pretty much go whichever direction I'm led but it does seem to me that we've been taking the "fun" way down, i.e., hitting all the tech bits on the way down instead of the way up. Since I hit max HR about 10-feet away from my truck, that's how I like it.

Cynical Bystander
    I'm down for some riding on Sunday as long as I don't go boarding. Also depends on the type of riding as to whether I'll be using my V-10 or my hardtail.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

\

Have you been able to ride Edna? That was a little beyond me. I can pick my way down the Improv but I'd probably get to the bottom faster if I walked it. It was like riding on marbles last Saturday.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Hola - thought I'd post this here and see if anyone else is interested in hitting Palmer next Sunday 12/12. It's supposed to be nice the entire week, so unless something happens Sat or Sun, I imagine it could be just about perfect...
    if anybody cares i'll be going saturday with a friend and we'd like to meet some of you guys and hopefull you'd be able to see some sic stuff. we'd be going on our DH bikes though because my hardtail is ouf of commission for the moment. i would come sunday intead but i have to work again.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    if anybody cares i'll be going saturday with a friend and we'd like to meet some of you guys and hopefull you'd be able to see some sic stuff. we'd be going on our DH bikes though because my hardtail is ouf of commission for the moment. i would come sunday intead but i have to work again.
    Wish I could swing Saturday - unfortunately I can't. Actually - I started this thread as soon as I thought about it for fear that someone would start up a Saturday ride there and I'd end up riding it alone on Sunday

There should be plenty of opportunites for group ride though.

BIKES!!!!
    Mar 2004
    I would be down for saturday, and i'll be on a DH bike

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    i'll be there, if the new fork/wheels for the geared ride are in and on the bike by then. i'd hate there on my SS. it's not built burly enough for having fun the way i'd want to down there.

(crossing fingers hoping stuff gets to larry's shop soon..........)
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkid
    Hey keaton looks like I might be up for saturday too.

ironhorsebike..... my ski trip on sat is looking sour as far as it actually working out so I'll probably be down for some dh riding. Haha, saturday can be the dh/climb weenie day.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'll be there, if the new fork/wheels for the geared ride are in and on the bike by then. i'd hate there on my SS. it's not built burly enough for having fun the way i'd want to down there.

i was thinking sometime in the morning maybe being in the lot by like 10ish on saturday. the friend i am going with is lazy as hell and it might be hard to get him moving. also im coming in from highlands ranch so i got a like 45 min drive and i've never been to palmer so there is the slight chance of getting lost. hoppefully i'll be able to get ther alright.

if my friend doesn't come with me my parents probably wont let me go and he's not 100% sure he can go. but i hope to be down there.

do you think full armour or not? (i dont know how big some of the stuff gets)
    Last edited by ironhorsebike1; 12-06-2004 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbkid
    is this keaton from scratchy rat racing? the one who works at the performance bike shop?

if it is i met you at the keystone race. the friend of alex's.

that would be cool if you were going saturday so if my friend backed out my parents would still let me go if i know sombody who's going.

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover

You are more than welcome to borrow my chameleon, you'd have to deal w/ the sh1tmano drive train. I trust you wouldn't do anything worse to it than i already have (second ride no less, ouch). but should be rocking by this weekend.
    BTW what are you getting? I love x-mas even if its others getting the presents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cynical Bystander
    is this keaton from scratchy rat racing? the one who works at the performance bike shop?

if it is i met you at the keystone race. the friend of alex's.

that would be cool if you were going saturday so if my friend backed out my parents would still let me go if i know sombody who's going.
    Yup that's Keaton. That's cool you're a friend of Alex. I actually know him as well.

You ought to have him come down if he's not busy or anything. Haven't seen him since AngelFire.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Yup

Have you been able to ride Edna? That was a little beyond me. I can pick my way down the Improv but I'd probably get to the bottom faster if I walked it. It was like riding on marbles last Saturday.
    I can clean every section on my Fluid (and the Bullit) but I've never cleaned the last rock section without planting a foot at the bottom to pivot my bike back onto the trail.

If you thought the Improv was like riding on marbles last Saturday, you should see it in a dry July! The conditions were actually pretty decent last time I rode it in the snow with DBabuser.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    BTW what are you getting?
    what he said.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    what he said.
    Pike Team, non-remote version. 140mm, same C-A as the Z-1.
    Hope Bulb 20mm front hub based wheel, and a King rear. new SRAM front mech.

sold all the old stuff for a decent chunk of the cost of the new, and got a nice add-on to the last portion of my hire on bonus at work to pay for it all.

i loved the z-1, but it was more tankish than i wanted to keep lugging around. i *should* drop about a half pound off the front of the bike.

gambling that SRAM has fixed the past rock shox durability problems. everything in various mags/forums/bikesites so far looks very promising; we shall see.

Eric; thanks. I may take you up on the offer. I'll let you know.

Dave
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I can clean every section on my Fluid (and the Bullit) but I've never cleaned the last rock section without planting a foot at the bottom to pivot my bike back onto the trail.

If you thought the Improv was like riding on marbles last Saturday, you should see it in a dry July! The conditions were actually pretty decent last time I rode it in the snow with DBabuser.
    Yeah, I just need to ride more and get back into shape. I'm just riding around tired all the time and when you're fatigued, your technique is the first thing to go. Palmer will definitely help sharpen my skills again. All work and no play made Don a fat boy.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Yeah, I just need to ride more and get back into shape. I'm just riding around tired all the time and when you're fatigued, your technique is the first thing to go. Palmer will definitely help sharpen my skills again. All work and no play made Don a fat boy.
    Hey, I might join you guys Sunday. If you can clean Templeton/Improv consider yourself a very good tech. rider IMO, Edna Mae is crazy and is also above my head but I ride with a guy who has cleaned it. When I'm on my game I can clean everything except a few ups on Temp., but I've lost a lot of skin(remember our last ride kristian?), broken my ankle and torn a few der.'s off on the trail.

I've been riding in the canyon a lot more and you get in shape with all the climbing but it doesn't really help when I do the full loop on Temp., I still feel real rusty!

fYI-weatherman said poss. rain Sat into Sun
    Last edited by rr; 12-07-2004 at 08:41 AM.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

No one cleans Templeton...

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hey, I might join you guys Sunday. If you can clean Templeton/Improv consider yourself a very good tech. rider IMO
    I've seen people clean ALMOST every section at some point but I have never seen anyone clean the whole thing. Of course all the descents are doable...

I hope you can make it Sunday Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Yup that's Keaton. That's cool you're a friend of Alex. I actually know him as well.

You ought to have him come down if he's not busy or anything. Haven't seen him since AngelFire.
    yeah alex was going to go with me and then he found out he had to take the SAT or something so he's not going to go

the other friend that might be coming with me hasn't called me back yet so i'm not sure if he'll go

i'll definately be down there at 10 on sat. should be great.

here's my cell # if you guys might need to call me
    720-234-5248

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast