Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Palmer Saturday?

or that Pueblo Park place that seems to have some good looking stuff?

Anyone from up north want to go down, and anyone from down south want to join/guide around? I'm thinking a nice early start from up here, to maximize ride time once down there.

Seriously wishing I could have gone on that last big group thing down there, especially after seeing all the great pics. I'll finally be able to have the big bike available for it, I think. Waiting on some new wheels from Larry's skilled hands.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    I think I could do such a trip. I will have to try out the new 6x6 down there to see how it handles it.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    anyone from down south want to join/guide around?
    I can join you and would be happy to ride point at Palmer. I also wouldn't mind ridng at the Pueblo Res. - haven't been there yet either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    I can join you and would be happy to ride point at Palmer. I also wouldn't mind ridng at the Pueblo Res. - haven't been there yet either.
    I would be down with either location as well...

Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator

I don't think I have plans...

...and would be up for either the park or Pueblo.

cool. i know palmer a little, just enough to get lost, but probably find the major stuff, at least what i've ridden before. the peublo place looks pretty nice in the pics i've seen posted up here so far, but i've never been.

i figure go whichever place group concensus votes towards.

(crossing fingers, hoping wheels are done by friday)

mtbr member
    I am down with a Palmer ride this saturday. It's a shame that I have never even seen this place.

Cynical Bystander
    I'd probably be in. Depends on if I 'have' to do to this volunteer thing that I'm supposed to be doing. I've missed enough of it that they might be mad at me anyways (I always notice them ahead of time, or try to) if so, I'm in.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

uhmmm, tony....

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I'd probably be in. Depends on if I 'have' to do to this volunteer thing that I'm supposed to be doing. I've missed enough of it that they might be mad at me anyways (I always notice them ahead of time, or try to) if so, I'm in.
    i dont know what youve been told, but.

if you "have" to do it, it aint volunteering!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

im in, probably palmer

i was at pueblo last saturday on my XR, but not the state res area. i did however stumble across it by, ahem, accident and promptly turned around. seemed like it would be cool on an mtb.

Rocket Scientist
    I may be able to make another Palmer Run this saturday...If'n I get my shock back from PUSH...which I should have by Friday...according to Darren.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    i dont know what youve been told, but.

if you "have" to do it, it aint volunteering!
    Lol! Ain't it the truth...

More like my parents are having me do it and well... I don't get paid. It's once a saturday and I've missed 3 of the last 4, so I think they don't like me too much. (Missed cuz of family stuff, not just flaking out)
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    I may be able to make another Palmer Run this saturday...If'n I get my shock back from PUSH...which I should have by Friday...according to Darren.
    What about that DHX you're getting?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    What about that DHX you're getting?
    I am hoping it will be here by friday too, but at least i will have the push.

SS Rider
    So did you guys figure out where you were going to go on Sat? I am planning on going to Palmer Park around 1230-1. I get my new bike tomorrow and I will be real intersted in going.

So what's a good time for everyone to meet up?

I'd like to get an early start, to max out the ride time.

9AM? Too early?

SS Rider
    930 is too early for me but I work nights. It would be nice to meet some of you so if you do go that early do you think you will still be there around 1230? If so, is there a good way to meet up with you as it would be nice to meet some people off the board for future rides.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut09
    930 is too early for me but I work nights. It would be nice to meet some of you so if you do go that early do you think you will still be there around 1230? If so, is there a good way to meet up with you as it would be nice to meet some people off the board for future rides.

eh, 9 is just an idea. probably more likely to be around 10 or so by the time people get rolling.

i'd bet we'd still be there around 1230. figure out someway to meet up with you.

nights here, too. 7pm-7am three nights a week.

SS Rider
    I only work 8hrs but I am a hugh wimp when it comes to not getting a lot of sleep. I get off at 6 and work Sun -Thurs night. Where do you work? I am out on Peterson. Just curious as a lot of people I work with do the 7-7 shift.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut09
    I only work 8hrs but I am a hugh wimp when it comes to not getting a lot of sleep. I get off at 6 and work Sun -Thurs night. Where do you work? I am out on Peterson. Just curious as a lot of people I work with do the 7-7 shift.

heh. i'm a nurse in the longmont united hospital ICU.

I always like early

So what's a good time for everyone to meet up?

I'd like to get an early start, to max out the ride time.

9AM? Too early?
    9:00 would be great for me (habitual morning person). We could always arrange a secondary meeting time and pick up the rest of the group. If we meet at 9:00, I would probably be up for riding until 2:00-3:00 depending on how many photo stops we make so a second meeting time at noon would work. We're meeting at the bathrooms right?

mtbr member
    9 or 9:30 sounds good to me as well.

mtbr member
    I could do 9 or 9:30 as well. Do any of the other Denver guys wanna carpool?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I could do 9 or 9:30 as well. Do any of the other Denver guys wanna carpool?
    I would be down for a carpool if I can get my receiving hitch in time. Otherwise I can only carry one bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    I would be down for a carpool if I can get my receiving hitch in time. Otherwise I can only carry one bike.
    I can carry two fs bikes with my frame adaptors for the hitch rack. If anyone has more frame adaptors, I can carry up to 4.

Hairshirt Rider
    Early is good for me too.

mtbr member
    I can carry two fs bikes with my frame adaptors for the hitch rack. If anyone has more frame adaptors, I can carry up to 4.
    My chameleon rides on a hitch rack without adapter(akward but no big deal). Be happy to chip in on gas.

Rocket Scientist
    Well, I'm out seeing as I have to work now Saturday and Sunday.
    Arrrgggghhh!

mtbr member
    My chameleon rides on a hitch rack without adapter(akward but no big deal). Be happy to chip in on gas.
    Awesome. That would work. I can carry one to two more if need be.

mtbr member

Thumper

I'll join up with you if that's cool. Not too familar with Denver, but can meet you somewhere. Meet in denver around 8 or so?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    I'll join up with you if that's cool. Not too familar with Denver, but can meet you somewhere. Meet in denver around 8 or so?
    Rally Blue - you live in Boulder, right? FrontRanger - where do you live? I'm trying to think of a good place for the three of us to meet up at around 8 on Saturday morning. I live in Downtown Denver. I should be able to carry the three of us and our bikes with my Jeep Cherokee.

My cell is 720-933-2878.

mtbr member
    Rally Blue - you live in Boulder, right? FrontRanger - where do you live? I'm trying to think of a good place for the three of us to meet up at around 8 on Saturday morning. I live in Downtown Denver. I should be able to carry the three of us and our bikes with my Jeep Cherokee.

My cell is 720-933-2878.
    I live in S. Aurora. I could meet you guys at Park Meadows area or DTC or wherever. My cell is 303-725-4042.

mtbr member
    I live in S. Aurora. I could meet you guys at Park Meadows area or DTC or wherever. My cell is 303-725-4042.
    Cool - around Park Meadows may be the best, then. Unless you want to meet up downtown or something, Dave. FrontRanger - I know I've met you before, but I can't recall your name! I'm an @ss, I know.

mtbr member
    Cool - around Park Meadows may be the best, then. Unless you want to meet up downtown or something, Dave. FrontRanger - I know I've met you before, but I can't recall your name! I'm an @ss, I know.
    It's Jason. We met at the hogback not too long ago. Which lot you want to meet at?

mtbr member
    It's Jason. We met at the hogback not too long ago. Which lot you want to meet at?
    Cool - I remember meeting, just couldn't remember the name. I'm not too familiar with that area, so go ahead and pick a place and it will work for me.

mtbr member
    Cool - I remember meeting, just couldn't remember the name. I'm not too familiar with that area, so go ahead and pick a place and it will work for me.
    Yeah I am horrible with names myself. Good thing mine is short or I would be screwed. Let's meet up at REI parking lot. Take County Line exit and just stay right. Once on County line it will be on your right.

mtbr member
    Yeah I am horrible with names myself. Good thing mine is short or I would be screwed. Let's meet up at REI parking lot. Take County Line exit and just stay right. Once on County line it will be on your right.
    Sounds good. I know exactly where that is.

want to pool from up here?

REI from county line? which one is that; the one right off 25 as your going into Denver?

Stand back

me too!

Sounds good. I know exactly where that is.
    I think I'm actually going to be able to make this one at 9am. Any room left for 1 more?
    Or I could take 2 peeps w/ me, got mounts for 3 bikes (1 has to remove ft wheel).
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    Looks like I'm not going. Stupid volunteer thing.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    Hey scrubby... sounds good to carpool. Unfortunately I screwed up my bike rack, so I'd have to meet you seomewhere in Boulder... Denny's again?

mtbr member
    Hey Scrubby, car pooling sounds good to me. Unfortunately I screwed up my bike rack, so we'd have to meet somewhere in Boulder. Denny's again?

mtbr member
    Let's all just meet at the REI at Park Meadows at 8 and figure it out from there.

Hey Scrubby, car pooling sounds good to me. Unfortunately I screwed up my bike rack, so we'd have to meet somewhere in Boulder. Denny's again?

cool. that works. 715? too early? then either meet everyone at the REI at county line, or just straight down. that gives us enough time to do either, and a little fudge factor time.

mtbr member
    cool. that works. 715? too early? then either meet everyone at the REI at county line, or just straight down. that gives us enough time to do either, and a little fudge factor time.
    Let me know if you guys are gonig to meet us at REI or not so we don't wait for you if you're not going to be there. Again, my cell is 720-933-2878. Lookin' forward to this ride! I'm gonna ride the medium bike instead of the big bike this time...

Let's hammer this out a little more...

Most of us are meeting at the bathrooms at 9:00am right? Meaning: <i>show up at 9:00 get armored up, wait for the stragglers and start riding about 9:30</i>. Are we circling back at any point to pick up other riders (Peanut? Bueller? Anyone?). Since the park is so easy to do loops in, we can pick two meeting times so long as one of the early people has a watch (I don't).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Most of us are meeting at the bathrooms at 9:00am right? Meaning: <i>show up at 9:00 get armored up, wait for the stragglers and start riding about 9:30</i>. Are we circling back at any point to pick up other riders (Peanut? Bueller? Anyone?). Since the park is so easy to do loops in, we can pick two meeting times so long as one of the early people has a watch (I don't).
    The Denver crew is meeting at the south end of Denver at 8am, so best case scenario is that we're there around 9:15 or so.

locked - time out
    May the ticks of a thousand prairie dogs infest the crotches of each person on this ride tommorrow...

bastidges...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    May the ticks of a thousand prairie dogs infest the crotches of each person on this ride tommorrow...

bastidges...
    waaah!

Stand back

wait wait wait

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack

bastidges...

Just so I have this straight - EACH person on the ride tomorrow is supposed to get ALL the ticks from 1000 (one thousand) prairie dogs, on our crotches? I just wanna make sure I know what you're cursing us with. I saw this episode of the Andy Griffith show where these wandering gypsies cursed the town b/c Andy made them leave, but, um... so does this mean you're not going?

Golden Bike Park

Let me know if you guys are gonig to meet us at REI or not so we don't wait for you if you're not going to be there. Again, my cell is 720-933-2878. Lookin' forward to this ride! I'm gonna ride the medium bike instead of the big bike this time...

sounds good. depends on what time we actually roll outa' the denny's parking lot. my car can take 2-3 bikes. (but have to have a fork up/take your front wheel off) if it looks like we'll make the 8am REI thing, we can, otherwise we'll just see everyone down there.

dave, don't forget your fork up, as i only have one!

9:15ish it is!

See ya there.

nevermind. found it; that's the denny's on baseline.
    Last edited by scrublover; 04-22-2005 at 05:24 PM. Reason: brainfart.

mtbr member

yup

The Denny's is across from the towers... but it is on Baseline road. It is on 29 th street. 7:15 is good with me. See you bright and early. You Springs guys sure are lucky!!

mtbr member

Well I'm out

Working on installing a Evil DRS chain guide. started 2 days ago... I knew that I was gonna have the E plate to go with it. So I got that as well. Started putting it all together at work and the stupid E plate wasn't threaded so I went back to the Fix... and he didn't have the right tap to cut the threads. When I was at work I forgot the friggin granny gear on my tool box! So not gonna make this one. Was really looking forward to this due to the cut short ride last weekend. Have a good ride fellas

Stand back

i've got an extra

Working on installing a Evil DRS chain guide. started 2 days ago... I knew that I was gonna have the E plate to go with it. So I got that as well. Started putting it all together at work and the stupid E plate wasn't threaded so I went back to the Fix... and he didn't have the right tap to cut the threads. When I was at work I forgot the friggin granny gear on my tool box! So not gonna make this one. Was really looking forward to this due to the cut short ride last weekend. Have a good ride fellas
    I've got an extra granny ring if that's all that's holding you back...
    Golden Bike Park

i'll check back in the morning to see if i need to still swing by and pick you up or not.....

crap. sorry about that.

hey, who needs the granny, right? come ride it all in your 32/34/36 or whatever it is ring.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    I've got an extra granny ring if that's all that's holding you back...
    He needs a stable.