Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Palmer Ride 11/20/04

614 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  s1ngletrack 
#1 ·
Five of us met up at the stables. It was cold as hell but no overnight snow and the trail was perfect! There was light dustings of snow here and there but nothing slick or wet. We did all the trails we did last time plus some new stuff on Templeton we missed last time. In all it was a great ride with a few spectacular crashes, the best being Jason's slo-mo endo on Templeton. Jason led the way the whole ride on his SS with 34/18 gearing...makes me sick. We rode from a little after 9:30 to 1pm and the only other rider we saw on the trails was Alison Dunlap & a friend who stopped and chatted us up while one of the gang fixed a flat.

#2 ·
Aahhh, it figures...

DWF said:
Five of us met up at the stables. It was cold as hell but no overnight snow and the trail was perfect! There was light dustings of snow here and there but nothing slick or wet. We did all the trails we did last time plus some new stuff on Templeton we missed last time. In all it was a great ride with a few spectacular crashes, the best being Jason's slo-mo endo on Templeton. Jason led the way the whole ride on his SS with 34/18 gearing...makes me sick. We rode from a little after 9:30 to 1pm and the only other rider we saw on the trails was Alison Dunlap & a friend who stopped and chatted us up while one of the gang fixed a flat.
The time I pick to go (last wkend), we didn't see any celebrities...

#3 ·
I've lived in CO most of my life (off and on) and still think it's the craziest thing to find myself riding along side world-class athletes - I used to see Alison Dunlap frequently up at cyclocross races up in Boulder, it just seems strange to go home and see her in 5 different ads while I am sitting reading bike mags in my, uh...library :)

Same thing with Hannah Steffens - I saw her every week last winter at the skateparks, and now she's showing up with increasing frequency in mags like Decline....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.