Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cynical Bystander

Palmer Ride on 11/13

Let's get a Palmer ride going for next Saturday. Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30? Hopefully there will be enough people there to have a fun day riding and maybe even cook some burgers for lunch up near lazyland picnic area or something, I dunno.

I know that atleast me, snowskilz, and a few others will probably be on full on dh bikes, so even though I have ridden up Palmer in the past I'd much rather shuttle it and I'm sure others wouldnt mind either. (Yes shuttling can be fun. )

Directions for you out of towners to get here is as follows:
    I-25 South
    Exit at Nevada
    Drive south for a bit, then turn East onto Austin Bluffs
    Continue on Austin Bluffs for a few miles
    Turn South (Right) onto Union Boulevard
    Continue for a few miles
    Turn east (left) onto Circle Dr.
    Continue for less than half a mile
    Turn left onto Paseo Rd
    Continue for a mile or two, there will be some stables on the left, follow the road straight till abit after and there is a parking lot ont he left with some bathrooms at them.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member

Cool

Snowskills and I are down for some riding on Saturday. Hope that you actually are still able to go riding once the ride comes around. Looking forward to riding with you, and some more people. More Palmer Park.... YEAH!

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Snowskills and I are down for some riding on Saturday. Hope that you actually are still able to go riding once the ride comes around. Looking forward to riding with you, and some more people. More Palmer Park.... YEAH!
    Since its local unless my family is going somewhere I will definitely be able to go.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    palmer park [SIZE=7]YAY![/SIZE]

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30?
    that makes for an early morning...

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    that makes for an early morning...
    What time would better suit you boulderites? like 10:30?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

eci
    i'm plannin on being down there round 1130ish but will keep you posted i have to work til 9 that mornin

Card Carrying Member
    I'm cool with early, just pointing out the obvious. If it's anything like our lower elevation trails this time of year, it won't matter what time we go, there will still be an ass-load of ppl.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    I'm in for this.

Other north-of-Denver folks want to carpool from Boulder?

Good thing armour and full face helmets are nice and warm. Could be nice and chilly.
    I'll load up the thermos with boozed up coffee maybe.

http://www.w3.weather.com/activities...O0078&dayNum=5
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

eci
    if its snowing i will be snowboarding

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Shuttling Palmer Park?

It's more trouble than it's worth (speaking from my personal palmer shuttle attempts). There are really only a few downhills that are worth shuttling and unless the shuttle vehicle is large truck, you spend more time taking your wheels off and on that you do riding.

I am willing to lead a pedaling ride for anyone who doesn't want to shuttle.

K (did I really offer to lead an XC ride INSTEAD of a shuttle?!?! Someone check my temperature--I must be coming down with something....)

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    It's more trouble than it's worth (speaking from my personal palmer shuttle attempts). There are really only a few downhills that are worth shuttling and unless the shuttle vehicle is large truck, you spend more time taking your wheels off and on that you do riding.

K (did I really offer to lead an XC ride INSTEAD of a shuttle?!?! Someone check my temperature--I must be coming down with something....)

i'm with ya. if it isn't total crap weather, or too d@mn cold, jeeny and i'll be there. no shuttle required.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'm with ya. if it isn't total crap weather, or too d@mn cold, jeeny and i'll be there. no shuttle required.
    Yeah, I may bring the lil grom if the weather looks good. No shuttle required for me (or him) either...

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian

Definitely, and I'll be riding up too unless there's a truck that makes us able to just throw them into the back.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Perpetually single track
    That much of a snow whore huh? What pass did you get?

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    That much of a snow whore huh? What pass did you get?
    We both have the Colorado Pass. Mine still hasnt come in the mail yet even though I bought it like 3 weeks ago.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member

Boulder

For anyone around Boulder, Dave, Jim,ETR. I'm gonna drive down there, and I'll take whoever wants. I have 2 bike racks, but could borrow one of yours and carry 4 people. No shuttling for me! I'm one of those guys on a big bike that enjoys climbing...Gotta love the Gemini

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    For anyone around Boulder, Dave, Jim,ETR. I'm gonna drive down there, and I'll take whoever wants. I have 2 bike racks, but could borrow one of yours and carry 4 people. No shuttling for me! I'm one of those guys on a big bike that enjoys climbing...Gotta love the Gemini
    If snowskilz brings his SGS to help me further in my decision making process I'd definitely be up for some climbing with the rest of you. My V-10 is a biotch to climb with but its doable, lol.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

crashes in parkinglot
    I'm in. Big bike shuttleing or not (preffer not) me and my big bike got 4+ hours of climbing in this weekend; my shoulders are sore. Don't know if that was because of the hike-a-bikes or trying to force a pig of a bike to do things it didn't want to do on DHs.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    I'm in for this.

Other north-of-Denver folks want to carpool from Boulder?

Good thing armour and full face helmets are nice and warm. Could be nice and chilly.
    I'll load up the thermos with boozed up coffee maybe.

http://www.w3.weather.com/activities...O0078&dayNum=5
    Armour and full face helmets? Any pics of this section? I'd be down with going but I ain't got no armor other than a camelback and healthy layer of fat.

mtbr member
    Shuttle? Palmer? Dang...you're lazier than even I am!

I'd be there, but I've got family duty on the Honey Do List. Where/what trails would you shuttle in Palmer anyways?

Anyone up for a 6am Wed techno romp around Palmer? I'm there every Wed leading a techno tour...usually at least two of us, sometimes 5-6 riders. Weather don't matter, light don't matter!
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Armour and full face helmets? Any pics of this section? I'd be down with going but I ain't got no armor other than a camelback and healthy layer of fat.
    I've only needed armor there once...

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Shuttle? Palmer? Dang...you're lazier than even I am!

I'd be there, but I've got family duty on the Honey Do List. Where/what trails would you shuttle in Palmer anyways?

Anyone up for a 6am Wed techno romp around Palmer? I'm there every Wed leading a techno tour...usually at least two of us, sometimes 5-6 riders. Weather don't matter, light don't matter!
    Lol. I'm not necessarily lazy as I'll ride up Palmer on my V-10 anyways (mtnbike24_7 has done it with me...) but as long as there is a good pickup I just prefer to shuttle and yea yea....shuttling palmer is lame but I think its fun anyways.

I was thinking of hitting Cobblestone, the Stairs, a dh trail off of grand view outlook or whatever it is, maybe messing around at lazyland, improv and any others that people wanted to hit.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Cynical Bystander

Ouch.

I usually just wear my skate lid and maybe some chin pads.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Mere flesh wound. Scrub that out with an SOS pad and you'll be golden.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast