Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 67
  1. #1
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770

    Palmer Ride on 11/13

    Let's get a Palmer ride going for next Saturday. Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30? Hopefully there will be enough people there to have a fun day riding and maybe even cook some burgers for lunch up near lazyland picnic area or something, I dunno.

    I know that atleast me, snowskilz, and a few others will probably be on full on dh bikes, so even though I have ridden up Palmer in the past I'd much rather shuttle it and I'm sure others wouldnt mind either. (Yes shuttling can be fun. )

    Directions for you out of towners to get here is as follows:
    I-25 South
    Exit at Nevada
    Drive south for a bit, then turn East onto Austin Bluffs
    Continue on Austin Bluffs for a few miles
    Turn South (Right) onto Union Boulevard
    Continue for a few miles
    Turn east (left) onto Circle Dr.
    Continue for less than half a mile
    Turn left onto Paseo Rd
    Continue for a mile or two, there will be some stables on the left, follow the road straight till abit after and there is a parking lot ont he left with some bathrooms at them.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rally Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    432

    Cool

    Snowskills and I are down for some riding on Saturday. Hope that you actually are still able to go riding once the ride comes around. Looking forward to riding with you, and some more people. More Palmer Park.... YEAH!

  3. #3
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Snowskills and I are down for some riding on Saturday. Hope that you actually are still able to go riding once the ride comes around. Looking forward to riding with you, and some more people. More Palmer Park.... YEAH!
    Since its local unless my family is going somewhere I will definitely be able to go.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  4. #4
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,664
    palmer park YAY!

  5. #5
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30?
    that makes for an early morning...

  6. #6
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    that makes for an early morning...
    What time would better suit you boulderites? like 10:30?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  7. #7
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    What time would better suit you boulderites? like 10:30?
    i'm plannin on being down there round 1130ish but will keep you posted i have to work til 9 that mornin

  8. #8
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    What time would better suit you boulderites? like 10:30?
    I'm cool with early, just pointing out the obvious. If it's anything like our lower elevation trails this time of year, it won't matter what time we go, there will still be an ass-load of ppl.

  9. #9
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,697
    I'm in for this.

    Other north-of-Denver folks want to carpool from Boulder?

    Good thing armour and full face helmets are nice and warm. Could be nice and chilly.
    I'll load up the thermos with boozed up coffee maybe.

    http://www.w3.weather.com/activities...O0078&dayNum=5
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  10. #10
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,664
    if its snowing i will be snowboarding

  11. #11
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,041

    Shuttling Palmer Park?

    It's more trouble than it's worth (speaking from my personal palmer shuttle attempts). There are really only a few downhills that are worth shuttling and unless the shuttle vehicle is large truck, you spend more time taking your wheels off and on that you do riding.

    I am willing to lead a pedaling ride for anyone who doesn't want to shuttle.

    K (did I really offer to lead an XC ride INSTEAD of a shuttle?!?! Someone check my temperature--I must be coming down with something....)

  12. #12
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    It's more trouble than it's worth (speaking from my personal palmer shuttle attempts). There are really only a few downhills that are worth shuttling and unless the shuttle vehicle is large truck, you spend more time taking your wheels off and on that you do riding.

    I am willing to lead a pedaling ride for anyone who doesn't want to shuttle.

    K (did I really offer to lead an XC ride INSTEAD of a shuttle?!?! Someone check my temperature--I must be coming down with something....)

    i'm with ya. if it isn't total crap weather, or too d@mn cold, jeeny and i'll be there. no shuttle required.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  13. #13
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'm with ya. if it isn't total crap weather, or too d@mn cold, jeeny and i'll be there. no shuttle required.
    Yeah, I may bring the lil grom if the weather looks good. No shuttle required for me (or him) either...

  14. #14
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    It's more trouble than it's worth (speaking from my personal palmer shuttle attempts). There are really only a few downhills that are worth shuttling and unless the shuttle vehicle is large truck, you spend more time taking your wheels off and on that you do riding.

    I am willing to lead a pedaling ride for anyone who doesn't want to shuttle.

    K (did I really offer to lead an XC ride INSTEAD of a shuttle?!?! Someone check my temperature--I must be coming down with something....)
    Definitely, and I'll be riding up too unless there's a truck that makes us able to just throw them into the back.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  15. #15
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    That much of a snow whore huh? What pass did you get?

  16. #16
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    That much of a snow whore huh? What pass did you get?
    We both have the Colorado Pass. Mine still hasnt come in the mail yet even though I bought it like 3 weeks ago.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rally Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    432

    Boulder

    For anyone around Boulder, Dave, Jim,ETR. I'm gonna drive down there, and I'll take whoever wants. I have 2 bike racks, but could borrow one of yours and carry 4 people. No shuttling for me! I'm one of those guys on a big bike that enjoys climbing...Gotta love the Gemini

  18. #18
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    For anyone around Boulder, Dave, Jim,ETR. I'm gonna drive down there, and I'll take whoever wants. I have 2 bike racks, but could borrow one of yours and carry 4 people. No shuttling for me! I'm one of those guys on a big bike that enjoys climbing...Gotta love the Gemini
    If snowskilz brings his SGS to help me further in my decision making process I'd definitely be up for some climbing with the rest of you. My V-10 is a biotch to climb with but its doable, lol.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  19. #19
    crashes in parkinglot
    Reputation: EricTheRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,257
    I'm in. Big bike shuttleing or not (preffer not) me and my big bike got 4+ hours of climbing in this weekend; my shoulders are sore. Don't know if that was because of the hike-a-bikes or trying to force a pig of a bike to do things it didn't want to do on DHs.

  20. #20
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    I'm in for this.

    Other north-of-Denver folks want to carpool from Boulder?

    Good thing armour and full face helmets are nice and warm. Could be nice and chilly.
    I'll load up the thermos with boozed up coffee maybe.

    http://www.w3.weather.com/activities...O0078&dayNum=5
    Armour and full face helmets? Any pics of this section? I'd be down with going but I ain't got no armor other than a camelback and healthy layer of fat.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,836
    Shuttle? Palmer? Dang...you're lazier than even I am!

    I'd be there, but I've got family duty on the Honey Do List. Where/what trails would you shuttle in Palmer anyways?

    Anyone up for a 6am Wed techno romp around Palmer? I'm there every Wed leading a techno tour...usually at least two of us, sometimes 5-6 riders. Weather don't matter, light don't matter!
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  22. #22
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Armour and full face helmets? Any pics of this section? I'd be down with going but I ain't got no armor other than a camelback and healthy layer of fat.
    I've only needed armor there once...




  23. #23
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Shuttle? Palmer? Dang...you're lazier than even I am!

    I'd be there, but I've got family duty on the Honey Do List. Where/what trails would you shuttle in Palmer anyways?

    Anyone up for a 6am Wed techno romp around Palmer? I'm there every Wed leading a techno tour...usually at least two of us, sometimes 5-6 riders. Weather don't matter, light don't matter!
    Lol. I'm not necessarily lazy as I'll ride up Palmer on my V-10 anyways (mtnbike24_7 has done it with me...) but as long as there is a good pickup I just prefer to shuttle and yea yea....shuttling palmer is lame but I think its fun anyways.

    I was thinking of hitting Cobblestone, the Stairs, a dh trail off of grand view outlook or whatever it is, maybe messing around at lazyland, improv and any others that people wanted to hit.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  24. #24
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I've only needed armor there once...



    Ouch.

    I usually just wear my skate lid and maybe some chin pads.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  25. #25
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I've only needed armor there once...
    Mere flesh wound. Scrub that out with an SOS pad and you'll be golden.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Let's get a Palmer ride going for next Saturday. Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30? Hopefully there will be enough people there to have a fun day riding and maybe even cook some burgers for lunch up near lazyland picnic area or something, I dunno.

    I know that atleast me, snowskilz, and a few others will probably be on full on dh bikes, so even though I have ridden up Palmer in the past I'd much rather shuttle it and I'm sure others wouldnt mind either. (Yes shuttling can be fun. )

    Directions for you out of towners to get here is as follows:
    I-25 South
    Exit at Nevada
    Drive south for a bit, then turn East onto Austin Bluffs
    Continue on Austin Bluffs for a few miles
    Turn South (Right) onto Union Boulevard
    Continue for a few miles
    Turn east (left) onto Circle Dr.
    Continue for less than half a mile
    Turn left onto Paseo Rd
    Continue for a mile or two, there will be some stables on the left, follow the road straight till abit after and there is a parking lot ont he left with some bathrooms at them.
    If I can find Gas money I'm in

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Let's get a Palmer ride going for next Saturday. Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30? Hopefully there will be enough people there to have a fun day riding and maybe even cook some burgers for lunch up near lazyland picnic area or something, I dunno.

    I know that atleast me, snowskilz, and a few others will probably be on full on dh bikes, so even though I have ridden up Palmer in the past I'd much rather shuttle it and I'm sure others wouldnt mind either. (Yes shuttling can be fun. )

    Directions for you out of towners to get here is as follows:
    I-25 South
    Exit at Nevada
    Drive south for a bit, then turn East onto Austin Bluffs
    Continue on Austin Bluffs for a few miles
    Turn South (Right) onto Union Boulevard
    Continue for a few miles
    Turn east (left) onto Circle Dr.
    Continue for less than half a mile
    Turn left onto Paseo Rd
    Continue for a mile or two, there will be some stables on the left, follow the road straight till abit after and there is a parking lot ont he left with some bathrooms at them.
    If I can find Gas money I'm in...guess I'll bring the big bike it sounds like, or at least put real tires on the ht

  28. #28
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    If I can find Gas money I'm in...guess I'll bring the big bike it sounds like, or at least put real tires on the ht
    Do you think you'd be able to give Spencer a ride if he's up for it? I dunno what he's doing but it'd be fun to ride with him.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  29. #29
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,041

    Pics? Sure, I've got tons of them!

    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Armour and full face helmets? Any pics of this section? I'd be down with going but I ain't got no armor other than a camelback and healthy layer of fat.
    I've been meaning to post them for weeks now . Many people seem to be heading in the "no armo(u)r" direction lately so I'm sure you won't be the only person without it. The trails are as technical as you want them to be with everything up to 6ish foot drops (we have GOT to hit that one this time) but you'll be fine without armor so long as you are willing to bleed...

  30. #30
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I've been meaning to post them for weeks now . Many people seem to be heading in the "no armo(u)r" direction lately so I'm sure you won't be the only person without it. The trails are as technical as you want them to be with everything up to 6ish foot drops (we have GOT to hit that one this time) but you'll be fine without armor so long as you are willing to bleed...
    armor is def a necessity at palmer, atleast shin guards and a full face, its sandy and ya never know when your gonna slip a tire

  31. #31
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    Cool..got the same one. If your sure you should be expecting one, I'd call them. I just renewed mine, and they just use the same pass from last year over again.

  32. #32
    BIKES!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    278
    Sounds like it should be a good ride, i'll be there with the big boy bike and probably no armour

  33. #33
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,158

    I'm in

    Que hora?
    Que pasa?
    Quesadilla?

    I'm bringing ff, pads and pedallin up, unless there's a magic carpet. THAT would be cool.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  34. #34
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    I may be out now... Just got back from a morning of dirt jumping (Eaton) and I'm sitting here trying to decide on if I should go to the doctor or not.

    That farking 6pack is a man-eater, I tell ya. All was going fine on the other side until I decided to play on the 6er instead of the bigger lines. I've never done well on the 6, I have no clue what I was thinking. At any rate, in order for me to make those buggers, I have to push the nose down hard to use all of the tranny when I come in, for the next one. Well, taking off from the second I pushed down too early and a touch too hard. My front wheel hit the lip of the next on the way in and it was head/chest/shoulder first into the tranny of the next one. Pretty hard hit, knocked the wind out of me for longer than I can ever remember having the wind knocked out of me. You know, the whole funny trying to breath noises, rolling around... good stuff. By this time I've been there for a couple hours and was probably too tired to really be riding, much less trying a line that is problematic. So, long story short, I've banged my rib area (again) and pulled some muscles in my chest/back that are making me walk like a zombie. My shoulder has an extra knob looking thing on it and I can't lift it above my head without curse words. Lovely.

    My goal was to clean the hip set up and do it comfy every time and then the 6er and the smaller big line by lunch time... never got there. hip set wish I had the crash on vid, but I ran out of memory before then...

    So anyway, I'm on the maybe/probably not list.

    Oh, and thanks to the two guys there who made sure I was ok and didn't laugh outloud.

  35. #35
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    Sounds like a mildly seperated shoulder. Rub some dirt on it, you'll be good.

  36. #36
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkid
    Sounds like it should be a good ride, i'll be there with the big boy bike and probably no armour
    Oh goodie, if Keaton's in there will be a early90s Tacoma for us to use.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  37. #37
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,697
    hot shower (if you haven't already) followed by some ice to the area, and ibuprofen or naprosyn, whichever you have. if it hasn't lessened by morning, get thee to you doc. or if it's just killing you too much tonight, or if you are experiencing even more loss of motion.
    i'm sure you're already resting.

    the above more for your shoulder than the ribs; not alot to be done for ribs, unless they are really messed up. sounds more shoulder-ish. if only some muscle damage, time will heal it up.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  38. #38
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    hot shower (if you haven't already) followed by some ice to the area, and ibuprofen or naprosyn, whichever you have. if it hasn't lessened by morning, get thee to you doc. or if it's just killing you too much tonight, or if you are experiencing even more loss of motion.
    i'm sure you're already resting.

    the above more for your shoulder than the ribs; not alot to be done for ribs, unless they are really messed up. sounds more shoulder-ish. if only some muscle damage, time will heal it up.
    I think the shoulder will be fine, but the majority of the 'lifting my arm' problem is musculatory in my chest/side/back area, I really did a number on some muscles in there. Breathing deeply is somewhat uncomfortable, but once again, feels like a muscle problem.

    Good news is, the bike was unharmed and performed very well. Can't wait to get back out there, but it looks like I may have to.

    And yes, I am in veg mode. Movies, pizza, kids doing housework... It's not a total loss.

  39. #39
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,041
    It's looking like a snow ride on Saturday based on our current weather and the forecast. The park is a really great place to ride in fresh snow--you can climb up the plowed road and bomb down the snowy trails (usually my problem riding in the snow is that climbing through anything deeper than 4 inches is quite difficult). However, if you think that it is slippery when it's dry, it's triplely slippery in the snow--expect to fall a lot.

    So are you still bringing a thermos of spiked coffee Dave?

  40. #40
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    It's looking like a snow ride on Saturday based on our current weather and the forecast. The park is a really great place to ride in fresh snow--you can climb up the plowed road and bomb down the snowy trails (usually my problem riding in the snow is that climbing through anything deeper than 4 inches is quite difficult). However, if you think that it is slippery when it's dry, it's triplely slippery in the snow--expect to fall a lot.

    So are you still bringing a thermos of spiked coffee Dave?
    Think I'll be able to do the ride on my crappy Trek 820? Not sure if I feel liek taking the V10 out, plus I'll be more capable of doing the climbs.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  41. #41
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,041

    It depends on what we ride

    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Think I'll be able to do the ride on my crappy Trek 820? Not sure if I feel liek taking the V10 out, plus I'll be more capable of doing the climbs.
    I've ridden a fully rigid on the trails we are going to ride--it's the more freerideish stuff that might give you problems. If there is snow, I doubt we'll be doing a whole lot of the tough stuff so you'll be fine. I am a firm believer that riding a hardtail makes you a much better all around rider.

  42. #42
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I've ridden a fully rigid on the trails we are going to ride--it's the more freerideish stuff that might give you problems. If there is snow, I doubt we'll be doing a whole lot of the tough stuff so you'll be fine. I am a firm believer that riding a hardtail makes you a much better all around rider.
    Alright, as long as there isn't a foot of snow or so on the ground I'll probably be on my trek.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  43. #43
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Let's get a Palmer ride going for next Saturday. Let's try to meet at the parking lot on Paseo next to the stables by like...9:30?
    Is still the meet time or has it slipped back? I'll be their with my son and probably a couple of other local/Springs riders.

  44. #44
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Is still the meet time or has it slipped back? I'll be their with my son and probably a couple of other local/Springs riders.
    I don't think so unless the consensus is to change it (if so, let's decide it today because I probably won't check from home). If the weather guessers are correct, we should have a nice blanket of fresh snow to ride on but it doesn't sound like the roads from the north should be bad (it sounds like a southern CO storm).

  45. #45
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,697
    any boulder/longmont are people want to meet up and carpool?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  46. #46
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,158

    Arvada

    I'm in Arvada, anyone planning to be there @ 9:30 want to carpool?
    303-929-3976 if ya need to get ahold of me...
    Last edited by dbabuser; 11-12-2004 at 11:43 PM.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  47. #47
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I don't think so unless the consensus is to change it (if so, let's decide it today because I probably won't check from home). If the weather guessers are correct, we should have a nice blanket of fresh snow to ride on but it doesn't sound like the roads from the north should be bad (it sounds like a southern CO storm).
    What do you think would be a good time kristian? Weather currently is mid40s but the skies to the north are solid grey.

    If anyone wants to call me my number is (719)494-7716.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  48. #48
    crashes in parkinglot
    Reputation: EricTheRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    any boulder/longmont are people want to meet up and carpool?
    I'm in and willing to drive or get a ride and help w/ gas.

  49. #49
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    What do you think would be a good time kristian? Weather currently is mid40s but the skies to the north are solid grey.

    If anyone wants to call me my number is (719)494-7716.
    If it snows, the earlier we do it (9:30) the better because things are likely to get sloppy by afternoon. I have someone coming over to my house at 7:00 to pick up some sheetrock we are selling (long story) and I am hoping that I won't have to help him load it up. If I do, and if it takes more than 2 hours to do (damn do I hope not) I might be a little late. I'll try and find you guys if I am late.

  50. #50
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    If it snows, the earlier we do it (9:30) the better because things are likely to get sloppy by afternoon. I have someone coming over to my house at 7:00 to pick up some sheetrock we are selling (long story) and I am hoping that I won't have to help him load it up. If I do, and if it takes more than 2 hours to do (damn do I hope not) I might be a little late. I'll try and find you guys if I am late.
    9:30 it is then....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 02:42 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 09:45 AM
  4. Upcoming BTCEB Rides
    By Knucklehead in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 10:46 AM
  5. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •