Obviously Single

New question here. Palmer Pilmgrimage Saturday

Like many around here, I'm heading down to the Springs to ride Saturday morning.

Anybody want to join me (can you say "road trip!"? :-o).

I plan to ride with Phil in Palmer Park. He lives about 2 blocks from there, so it's very convenient.

Anybody want to share the drive? I can carry up to two others, using my trailer, and up to one other using the bike rack.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    Like many around here, I'm heading down to the Springs to ride Saturday morning.

I plan to ride with Phil in Palmer Park. He lives about 2 blocks from there, so it's very convenient.

Anybody want to share the drive? I can carry up to two others, using my trailer, and up to one other using the bike rack.
    Thinking about it....I had planned on hitting DB in Loveland, but that looks out and I'm going to have to find something to ride tomorrow. I'm a converted flatlander and badly, badly out of shape here in this thin air, but you gotta start somewhere right?

Are you in Berthoud? I am in Longmont and if I get the kitchen pass, I'd like to carpool with someone. I'll be away from the computer for a bit, but I'll check back later tonight. What time are you thinking about leaving?

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

I'll be there Sat. at 9 and will be parking at the stables.

Obviously Single

I'm flexible so far ...

Hi JDub:

I'm pretty flexible, as Phil and I haven't nailed down a time yet.

Usually, I try to get there from about 9:30 to about 10:30, since that means I'm not heading back North too late. (I don't like driving back in the dark very much: traffic, I'm tired, I just wanna hit the hot tub, etc! :-)).

If we wanted to get to the Springs at about 10:30, that'd mean hitting the park by about 11. (Getting ready, BSing, riding the 1-mile over there.) That seems reasonable for a 2-hour ride or so. And Palmer doesn't have a lot of big climbs, though you can certainly climb there!

Getting there at 10:30 means leaving Longmont about 8:30. I could maybe meeting you at your house, if you like, around 8AM?

Two folks is about ideal for my car (since I like to spread out), but I *do* have room for one more if anybody else wants to tag along?
    The Lee-Man

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Hi JDub:

I'm pretty flexible, as Phil and I haven't nailed down a time yet.

Usually, I try to get there from about 9:30 to about 10:30, since that means I'm not heading back North too late. (I don't like driving back in the dark very much: traffic, I'm tired, I just wanna hit the hot tub, etc! :-)).

If we wanted to get to the Springs at about 10:30, that'd mean hitting the park by about 11. (Getting ready, BSing, riding the 1-mile over there.) That seems reasonable for a 2-hour ride or so. And Palmer doesn't have a lot of big climbs, though you can certainly climb there!

Getting there at 10:30 means leaving Longmont about 8:30. I could maybe meeting you at your house, if you like, around 8AM?

Two folks is about ideal for my car (since I like to spread out), but I *do* have room for one more if anybody else wants to tag along?
    Just getting back to the computer....

That sounds good to me. I can meet you somewhere if its easiest, my place is just a couple miles from the 287/66 intersection. I'll send you a PM with my info.

Obviously Single

Wink Palmer was dry and sweet

Wow!

I know Palmer Park pretty well, but it was to take a newbie there. Both Phil (our Guide) and I enjoyed Showing Joel many of the trails in the Park.

And, man, it sure wasn't very crowded. I'm guessing half the folks there were from up North.

Check out http://homepage.mac.com/theleeman69s/PhotoAlbum22.html for all the pictures (at full resolution), but here are a few.

The first is a nice pictures of some Hoodoos with Cheyenne Mountain in the background. The second shows Phil & Joel, and the last shows Phil & I, both with Pikes Peak in the background. We didn't get any action shots, as we were too busy having fun.

One sad note: I crash on almost perfectly flat ground (my tire grazed a rock and blew out), and I landed hard on my left hip and elbow. I still feel like I was run over by a tractor, but nothing seems broken (which is saying a lot with this old body).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LeeMan; 12-13-2004 at 05:51 AM. Reason: fix picture description
    The Lee-Man

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Wow!

I know Palmer Park pretty well, but it was to take a newbie there. Both Phil (our Guide) and I enjoyed Showing Joel many of the trails in the Park.

And, man, it sure wasn't very crowded. I'm guessing half the folks there were from up North.

Check out http://homepage.mac.com/theleeman69s/PhotoAlbum22.html for all the pictures (at full resolution), but here are a few.

The first is a nice pictures of some Hoodoos with Cheyenne Mountain in the background. The second shows Phil & Joel, and the last shows Phil & I, both with Pikes Peak in the background. We didn't get any action shots, as we were too busy having fun.

One sad note: I crash on almost perfectly flat ground (my tire grazed a rock and blew out), and I landed hard on my left hip and elbow. I still feel like I was run over by a tractor, but nothing seems broken (which is saying a lot with this old body).
    Who's the lard arse in the pic with Phil? Geez, I gotta get to riding more...

Palmer was such a fun ride on Saturday. Thanks again to Lee & Phil for showing the slow newbie around, I've still got a smile on my face about that ride.