Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Palmer Park Trail Work

819 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  rr 
#1 ·
Kristian and I have been talking about getting in some trail work this fall. If you've ridden there lately you've probably noticed that most of the trails need attention. We did a fair bit of work last fall and are looking to do the same this year.

I should be getting my hands on some tools from Medicine Wheel in the next few days. In keeping with the Inflexible theme, we picked Wednesday afternoon/evening starting next week (13th). I'm thinking 5:30 ish.

First thing to decide is where to start. There are a few bits on the NE side near Lazy Land that are bugging me. Chime in with your pick.

#5 ·
I can help out. Wed is a very inflexible day for me with nothing on my schedule...but I have to bring my bike and probably ride before...with regard to location, I think the trails are all fine the way they are, so pick one...:p

#6 ·
I would also like to come out and help. Unfortunately, I have another commitment on Wed nights that will not allow it.

As for trails Palmer Point is looking pretty bad. One section about a 3/4 mile up from the stables is getting pretty rutted from the rain. Then just past the lazy land picninc area there is another section that's rutted out even worse. Grand View used to be a really fun DH section, now there's so much sand that carrying any speed is nearly impossible.

I wish I could come out and help, but that'll give you a few ideas to add to the list.

Cameron

#9 ·
Let's meet in South Canyon @ 5:30.

Enter on Paseo, pass the stables and take the first right. Drive up to the parking area at the end of the road. There are several sections of trail along the road and up to the Grand View trail that are hammered.

The only tools I don't have are shovels, so if someone can bring one that would be helpful. And maybe a couple of 5 gallon paint buckets in case we need to move some dirt.

If anyone knows of a shop that can put a good edge on the Pulaskis and the business end of the rock bars let me know.

Kristian - can I hand off the tools to you when we are done? I'll be out of town next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.