Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240

    Palmer Park on Saturday

    Should be good to go. 12/04/05. 10:00am. Stables. Doing it all with Demerol.

    Respond or PM me if you're interesting....

  2. #2
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Should be good to go. 12/04/05. 10:00am. Stables. Doing it all with Demerol.

    Respond or PM me if you're interesting....
    If I can get my hardtail running I'll be up for it. Anybody have a Shimano octalink bb and a 4arm chainring/bolts?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  3. #3
    how heavy are you ??
    Reputation: Scottay5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    709

    count me in .

    should make it weather permitting love palmer pk

  4. #4
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Should be good to go. 12/04/05. 10:00am. Stables. Doing it all with Demerol.

    Respond or PM me if you're interesting....
    It's going to be sloppy. Our snow hasn't melted yet and it's going to melt on Friday and Saturday leaving the park in poor riding condition. I would be up for it if the weather is below 32 degrees and frozen (not likely) but I don't like to ride in the slop--it does too much damage there...

  5. #5
    how heavy are you ??
    Reputation: Scottay5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    709

    u might have a point...

    well see about that .. are there any other options available on the FR?

  6. #6
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    It's going to be sloppy. Our snow hasn't melted yet and it's going to melt on Friday and Saturday leaving the park in poor riding condition. I would be up for it if the weather is below 32 degrees and frozen (not likely) but I don't like to ride in the slop--it does too much damage there...
    You think so? I was surprised at how little snow there was in the canyon, kinda fiqured palmer would be the same. Your right about it melting Fri/Sat, have you been over there this week? Were going check it out today or tomm.

  7. #7
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,555

    Yup

    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    You think so? I was surprised at how little snow there was in the canyon, kinda fiqured palmer would be the same. Your right about it melting Fri/Sat, have you been over there this week? Were going check it out today or tomm.
    We still have a covering (a little less than an inch) in the back yard and here at the office so I'm guessing that the park will be about the same. I'm surprised at how long such a small amount of snow has stuck around. Let me know what you find.

    If the park is snowy, I would be up for a ride in the lower canyon on Sunday if anyone is interested...

  8. #8
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    It's going to be sloppy. Our snow hasn't melted yet and it's going to melt on Friday and Saturday leaving the park in poor riding condition. I would be up for it if the weather is below 32 degrees and frozen (not likely) but I don't like to ride in the slop--it does too much damage there...
    Hmmm, it's been below freezing the other times I've ridden there, but I thought the trail surface was mostly sand and decomposed granite which would make it pretty much immune to trail damage from wet conditions. I know that lower trail that parallels the houses is mud/clay so I'd skip that. You think Templeton and Cheyenne will be damaged by riding it if it thaws? Come on, give me the good news!

  9. #9
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Well, no Palmer ride today but definitely tomm. so I will post conditions. Temp. has a lot of clay and can get mucky while some of the lower trails with the sand/scree are fine, but there is still a lot of clay in the rock sections. The north side can get real messy in spots.

  10. #10
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Hmmm, it's been below freezing the other times I've ridden there, but I thought the trail surface was mostly sand and decomposed granite which would make it pretty much immune to trail damage from wet conditions. I know that lower trail that parallels the houses is mud/clay so I'd skip that. You think Templeton and Cheyenne will be damaged by riding it if it thaws? Come on, give me the good news!
    The decomposed granite was trucked in as fill last year and isn't natural to the park but there is a lot of sand. The sand isn't a problem but there is a lot of dirt/clay that gets damaged when wet (specifically the on some of the short, steep climbs). The south facing stuff will be in fine shape but the north facing and shaded stuff will probably be messy...

    I know that's not really good news. See what Rick says about the trail conditions if he goes there today or tomorrow--I could be overestimating the melt. Worst case senario, you could always come down another weekend...

  11. #11
    go big
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    207
    I will be their too ride sat. the weather is getting better, should be good for sat. i would say 75-95% dry. i will ride their fri after work and post conditions! I know of a rock line that is always dry!

  12. #12
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,297
    i haven't ridden palmer in about 10 years, can someone give me a suggested route for a nice ride....thanks
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    619

    yeah...

    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    i haven't ridden palmer in about 10 years, can someone give me a suggested route for a nice ride....thanks
    sante fe trail

    just kidding.

    i havent been to palmer for a few weeks, adn dont know the conditions, hopefully rick (rroeder) will let us know. but depending on your bike and condition, pretty much anytrail is fun. there are some nasty ones tho (take the bullit over the univega!!)

    mike "still looking to pick a new bike" wildman

  14. #14
    Now Uploading
    Reputation: mtbdirteater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    If I can get my hardtail running I'll be up for it. Anybody have a Shimano octalink bb and a 4arm chainring/bolts?
    Yeah, I do. Got a surplus XT ES-71 63x118 Octalink BB, and a ES-51 68x121 BB, and a box of bolts and rings. Lemme know.

    Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

  15. #15
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Yeah, I do. Got a surplus XT ES-71 63x118 Octalink BB, and a ES-51 68x121 BB, and a box of bolts and rings. Lemme know.

    Dave
    really?!?!?!!!! I think I need the 118. Also, what size chainrings do you have? I'll probably run a 22/32 or 34 setup if you have something similar to that please let me know. Also, how much would you like for it all?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,352
    I rode Ute today during lunch...I was surprised at the conditions. It was cool enough that everything is still frozen, hardpack snow still on many sections. Absolutely ZERO mud.

    Tomorrow's a different story...if it hits 50 the trails WILL be slop. If you hit the trails in the morning and are done by 10'ish you might be alright.

    If it gets sloppy...it's not worth the trail damage.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

  17. #17
    Now Uploading
    Reputation: mtbdirteater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    really?!?!?!!!! I think I need the 118.
    Yup, it's in nice shape, back in the box, I'd take $15 for it, fair? Need it installed? Got tools. On that other 121mm wide, I was using it to get an MRP Mini-me to clear my Chase frame, singlespeeded it and now don't need the Mini-me, it's for sale too.

    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Also, what size chainrings do you have?
    Just checked, and in a 104 4-bolt, looks like all I've got left is a Deore 36T (and I've got a 26T if you are putting a double on anything). I don't want much for these rings. Didn't get used long before I went to something else, so not worn out. If you can use them, cool. email me if you need 'em, I'm in Golden. I can't post a cell number here, it's a work phone.

    Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

  18. #18
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Yup, it's in nice shape, back in the box, I'd take $15 for it, fair? Need it installed? Got tools. On that other 121mm wide, I was using it to get an MRP Mini-me to clear my Chase frame, singlespeeded it and now don't need the Mini-me, it's for sale too.



    Just checked, and in a 104 4-bolt, looks like all I've got left is a Deore 36T (and I've got a 26T if you are putting a double on anything). I don't want much for these rings. Didn't get used long before I went to something else, so not worn out. If you can use them, cool. email me if you need 'em, I'm in Golden. I can't post a cell number here, it's a work phone.

    Dave
    That's awesome. Thanks dude. I'm sending you an email now. I'm in Colorado Springs so maybe this weekend we can meet up in denver or something...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  19. #19
    Now Uploading
    Reputation: mtbdirteater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    That's awesome. Thanks dude. I'm sending you an email now. I'm in Colorado Springs so maybe this weekend we can meet up in denver or something...
    Got it, sounds good, gimme a call.

    Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

  20. #20
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Just got back from palmer, we rode some lower trails and part of Temp.-dry and good to go. There are some snow patches in the shade or north facing but the snow is dry or crunchy, not much moisture content. Even if some melted tomm. it should be fine, I would ride but we are headed over to Beaver Creek to see if there's any powder left.

  21. #21
    go big
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket
    I will be their too ride sat. the weather is getting better, should be good for sat. i would say 75-95% dry. i will ride their fri after work and post conditions! I know of a rock line that is always dry!
    drove by the park, still lots snow around should be ok. I will be in the park.

  22. #22
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Have fun fellers, gotta stay up north tomorrow or I'd join in. Plenty of winter left for Palmer.

Similar Threads

  1. Palmer Park again on Saturday Morning?
    By DWF in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 07:53 PM
  2. Palmer Park Work Day Oct 30th
    By Scabby Elbowz in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 12:51 AM
  3. palmer park n.side
    By aggro in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 11:21 PM
  4. Saturday, March 20th ride@McDowell Park
    By AZtortoise in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 10:46 AM
  5. palmer park today the park is drying good
    By sprocket in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •