RS Space Monkey

Palmer Park Maintenance Day 10/16

Medicine Wheel is having a work day at Palmer Park next Saturday. For anyone who is interested:

Time: 9:00AM
    Place: Parking area on Paseo, east of the Horse Stables.

Will be working on some trails in the north side of the park. If you would like to come, but can't make the 9:00 time, PM me and let me know what time you can make it. I will come down and show you where we're working.

Jason
    Ain't No Mountains in Texas

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabby Elbowz
    Medicine Wheel is having a work day at Palmer Park next Saturday. For anyone who is interested:

Time: 9:00AM
    Place: Parking area on Paseo, east of the Horse Stables.

Will be working on some trails in the north side of the park. If you would like to come, but can't make the 9:00 time, PM me and let me know what time you can make it. I will come down and show you where we're working.

Jason
    Cool, I'll plan on being there.

Cynical Bystander
    I'll try to come. Is there anything we need to bring?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

You'll appreciate gloves (non-mtb kind)

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I'll try to come. Is there anything we need to bring?
    Medicine Wheel has a large number trail building specific tools (well, forest fire fighting specific tools that work great for trail building) that they will bring. You'll want to bring some leather gloves though to protect your hands. Depending how long we're out there, you might want to bring a camelbak and a snack to keep yourself hydrated and nurished.

RS Space Monkey
    Sweet. See you guys there. I'll be in the busted-@$$ subaru wagon.

how heavy are you ??

Ill be there ...

will there be a after work ride ... and what time will the work be done ...just curious

Scott

RS Space Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottay5150
    will there be a after work ride ... and what time will the work be done ...just curious

Scott
    Things should wind-down about 2-ish. Will probably be your choice between post-work ride and post-work libations. I'm leaning towards riding, myself. (getting a new fork in tomorrow )

RS Space Monkey
    Meeting place has been changed (not by me) to the cul-de-sac where Templeton Gap dead-ends into Austin Bluffs. Will hang out at the original meeting place until about 9 to redirect anyone who didn't get the memo.

how heavy are you ??

Sorry folks

My life just blew up on Saturday morning.... this is why i was a no show at Palmer Park (not that i was missed ) ... would have loved to give back to what i truly love. Will be there next time

Ciao
    Scott

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

I shoulda checked online before I left

Quote Originally Posted by Scabby Elbowz
    Meeting place has been changed (not by me) to the cul-de-sac where Templeton Gap dead-ends into Austin Bluffs. Will hang out at the original meeting place until about 9 to redirect anyone who didn't get the memo.
    I was there about 8:55 and didn't see anyone (was looking for your Subaru or Phil's pickup). I drove around to all of the other parking lots and still didn't see anyone so I bailed. I thought about driving by Lazy Land (near Austin Bluffs) but NEVER would have thought to look for you at the end of T-gap...sorry I missed you!

So what did you work on?

K

RS Space Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I was there about 8:55 and didn't see anyone (was looking for your Subaru or Phil's pickup). I drove around to all of the other parking lots and still didn't see anyone so I bailed. I thought about driving by Lazy Land (near Austin Bluffs) but NEVER would have thought to look for you at the end of T-gap...sorry I missed you!

So what did you work on?

K
    Sorry, man. I didn't get over there until about 8:55 myself. I didn't actually drive over to the stables. Ran into George & Josh on Paseo. They had picked up the tools from somewhere by the stables and were heading over to T-Gap. Figured they had already let anyone know who might've been hanging out over there, so I turned around at the golf course and followed them down. (Guess that's what I get for assuming )

About a dozen people showed. By all accounts everyone had a blast, and we actually managed to get some work done. Worked on the trail (unsure of name) that leads North from the end of T-Gap, about 25 yards past where it T's with the Yucca trail.

There is a section where the trail widens quite a bit around a turn. Had a serious drainage rut going on. We're armoring the inside rutted part and installing a technical line with a couple of drops on the outside. It's still a work in progress, but will be more stable as well as more fun to ride once it's finished.

We will be doing some more work on this section on the 30th, weather permitting. Come on out if you're not too burned about the last-minute location change.

Freeride area is starting to pick up some steam. There was a preliminary planning session at the Brewery a couple weeks ago to get the ball rolling. Should be doing a walk-through of the area Nov 6th to survey and bounce some design ideas. Open invite to anyone who wants to have some input and help out.

Jason