a dad
    Jan 2004

Palmer park conditions?

Everyone seems to be excited about pueblo and looking forward to riding there... but also wondering about palmer conditions.. a bit closer from denver for a day trip.. any thoughts?
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I rode UTE Wenesday and it was pretty good. We didnt get any snow to peak of yesterday and it is suppose to be sunny today.

Just giving you what i know living down here.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    whats UTE? don't know the springs at all.. thanks..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    Everyone seems to be excited about pueblo and looking forward to riding there... but also wondering about palmer conditions.. a bit closer from denver for a day trip.. any thoughts?
    The south facing stuff is in great condition, but there is still a fair bit of snow and ice pack on the north facing stuff. If you ride early, it will be great--if you ride after 10:00am, please don't ride in any mud.

Jackass
    I rode Palmer on Thursday and Kristian is right, south stuff and the top of the bluff is dry, but anything on the north side or in the shade is supper icy, especially after the warm day on Wednesday. Lots of wagon wheel ruts from retards riding in the mud, so please, if you go, go early when everything is still frozen. Have fun!
    I'm making enemies faster than I can kill them!

dwj
    mtbr member
    i rode there on wednesday morning. the stuff in the shade and on the north facing trails is super icy. get there early, and be sure you have your tights on cuz there will be some ice dancing taking place. i think they are holding an olympic qualifier on saturday morning. i think billy has a pretty good chance at grabing the last spot on the ice dancing team.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    whats UTE? don't know the springs at all.. thanks..
    It us off the Garden of the Gods exit. Really good trails and you can make a good loop out of it. There are some directions on this site under trail reviews.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    It us off the Garden of the Gods exit. Really good trails and you can make a good loop out of it. There are some directions on this site under trail reviews.
    its not exactly off the GOG exit...especially if he's driving down from denver.

anyway, ute still has quite a few muddy areas, probably more now since we got a dusting overnight and its already melted. i live about 1/2 mi from ute, so since there was snow here this morning i assume ute was similar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79
    its not exactly off the GOG exit...especially if he's driving down from denver.

anyway, ute still has quite a few muddy areas, probably more now since we got a dusting overnight and its already melted. i live about 1/2 mi from ute, so since there was snow here this morning i assume ute was similar.
    well i come from the south end of the springs and they just opened the new exit. This is why i directed him to the trail review for directions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Some Icy Spots, best Time to get out there has been from 8-11am then it starts getting mushy.