Thread: Palmer Park

Weapon of Choice

Palmer Park

Anyone up for showing me the trails at Palmer? I am in town for a few days and can ride this Tuesday or Wednesday; preferably early afternoon til later in evening. Thanks! Mike

Super Unknown

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Sure--it would have to be early evening (5 pm). What type of riding do you do?

Weapon of Choice
    Quote Originally Posted by bena1916 View Post
    Sure--it would have to be early evening (5 pm). What type of riding do you do?
    Sure bena early evening 5 pm ish works for me. I will rent a full squish at Criterium something in the 6 inch travel range. I prefer to ride rocky tech type stuff as I am no speed racer on the uphills but can hold my own on the downs.
    What day did you have in mind? Tuesday would be best for me if possible. Any one else want to get in on the fun??????? Mike

Super Unknown

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm.......my only bike in town right now is a hardtail. I may be at a disadvantage so if anyone else offers to show you around with a bounce bike you might want to go that route instead. If nobody else steps up Tuesday is ok. FYI, even on the hardtail I will ride most of the park so it won't be a bust.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The trails in Palmer are a wreck right now because of the hail storm. Anybody hear of a trail re-building effort?

Weapon of Choice
    Quote Originally Posted by bena1916 View Post
    Hmmm.......my only bike in town right now is a hardtail. I may be at a disadvantage so if anyone else offers to show you around with a bounce bike you might want to go that route instead. If nobody else steps up Tuesday is ok. FYI, even on the hardtail I will ride most of the park so it won't be a bust.
    I will take it easy since my first time riding there so go at your regular pace, if you can pm me a location to meet at 5 that would be great. Mike

Super Unknown

Twin Six METAL Team
    Quote Originally Posted by The R View Post
    The trails in Palmer are a wreck right now because of the hail storm. Anybody hear of a trail re-building effort?
    Are just portions jacked up, or is the whole park a wreck? I'd like to get out within the next day or so, and if the mountains are still covered in smoke, I'd like to hit up Palmer Park.

Yes...I'd be interested in helping with trail repairs as well. Who maintains the park? City? Private organization? I'm sure with the race coming up in a couple of weeks, people would be willing to help.

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgardner73 View Post
    Are just portions jacked up, or is the whole park a wreck? I'd like to get out within the next day or so, and if the mountains are still covered in smoke, I'd like to hit up Palmer Park.
    No the whole park isn't jacked--a lot of the trails are significantly impacted but everything we rode last night for about 2 1/2 hours was rideable. We did mostly Templeton, Ednae Mae, Kinnickinick, Cheyenne Trail, Little Moab, and Palmer out to the Overlook.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgardner73 View Post

Yes...I'd be interested in helping with trail repairs as well. Who maintains the park? City? Private organization? I'm sure with the race coming up in a couple of weeks, people would be willing to help.
    Guardians of Palmer Park are the most active in trail repair I think. Their main MTB guy from last year isn't doing much with them this year I'm told so I'm not sure exactly what they've been working on. Most of the GOPP folks that I've met are good folks so supporting them is a good thing in my book.

Guardians of Palmer Park