mtbr member

Palmer Park 2-10-09 conditions

Dry is a a good word, just be careful as yesterdays winds blew some trees over!

mtbr member
    good to know! thanks Rover

Kick Start My Heart
    I got to watch out for the trees! I have been riding the 10 miles home and Palmer Park is in my last mile. In the dark.
    That's cool, Palmer park is always 5 minutes away, if I can't get out somewhere I just hop across Academy and boom! I'm there.
    Thanks Rover

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davez26
    I got to watch out for the trees! I have been riding the 10 miles home and Palmer Park is in my last mile. In the dark.
    That's cool, Palmer park is always 5 minutes away, if I can't get out somewhere I just hop across Academy and boom! I'm there.
    Thanks Rover
    get a light!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am planning to try it out there Friday morning if anyone is going there and does not mind a tagalong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    I am planning to try it out there Friday morning if anyone is going there and does not mind a tagalong
    When Friday?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Has anyone else noticed all the short cuts and rock moved to make it easier? was over there 2/9/09 and noticed some of this is out of control.

mtbr member
    I have seen some... a lot was moved back to original location on the trails I ride... What trails are you normally on?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    All of the popular ones. There are a ton of short cut trails showing up all over the place. most in areas with drops and jumps or worse yet just down the road from a trail head. i personally enjoy watching a good huck like the next guy but we need to be more responsible about adding them. It would be great to get the city and maybe Medicine Wheel involved BEFORE we get issues. GOG used to have awesome trails open to bikes but issues with other trail users and misuse of the trail system in general got us kicked out.

mtbr member
    I guess I didn't notice today!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    look along the trail that parallels the road on the south side heading out to yucca flats area. the top of sentinal before it exits/starts at the top. the area east of the big bend in the road above the dog park, along grandview overlook and tempelton. Well enough preaching for one day. Great pics by the way. See you out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover
    When Friday?
    I was going to rent a bike from Criterium bikes and hopefully be to Palmer park by 10am.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    I was going to rent a bike from Criterium bikes and hopefully be to Palmer park by 10am.
    I could do that. I'll send you a PM

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Rocks have been moving quit a bit. People should just leave everything in its place.Palmer Park is fun because of all the rough terrain. If you want to ride something smooth go to the chutes.The entrance to Cheyenne trail is completely smoothed out. All the rocks were taken out. There was some pictures of it last week were someone knocked down the first rock so you could roll into it. Now all the rocks are gone. If you cannot ride it then walk, don't ruin it for everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stiff rick
    Rocks have been moving quit a bit. People should just leave everything in its place.Palmer Park is fun because of all the rough terrain. If you want to ride something smooth go to the chutes.The entrance to Cheyenne trail is completely smoothed out. All the rocks were taken out. There was some pictures of it last week were someone knocked down the first rock so you could roll into it. Now all the rocks are gone. If you cannot ride it then walk, don't ruin it for everyone.
    Looking back I did notice that the entrance had an easy roller... I didn't take it so I guess I forgot about it! I tend to hang out on Templeton mostly... guess I didn't pay the best attention..

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    funrover has offered to meet me Fri morning at 9am at Palmer Park to show me the way.. is anyone else interested?

mtbr member
    See you tomorrow!

mtbr member
    I went out there on Saturday, but didn't have a lot of time to explore. What is everyone's favorite trail? I parked up top at Yucca and just kind of cruised around Templeton. That's an awesome trail. What about parking on the other upper area. Not sure what it's named. I've seen some videos on YouTube where there seem to be some nice drops and I would like to try those out sometime.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It's hard to name a favorite. Templeton, Cheyenne, gradndview, palmer point. well all of them are great. the park has a little bit for everyone. just get out there ignore the maps (but please stay on the trails) and just ride a trail and see where you end up.

mtbr member
    Favorite... hmmmm.... I would have to say Cheyenne, Templeton, Edna Mae.

mtbr member
    How about the most technical? It's about a 70 mile drive for me, so as much as I would like to just get out and explore, that's not really possible when I need to maximize my time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79
    How about the most technical? It's about a 70 mile drive for me, so as much as I would like to just get out and explore, that's not really possible when I need to maximize my time.
    Most technical in Palmer.. Prob the full Templeton and Edna Mae

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll post up the pictures of my cuts and bruises!