Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Palmer conditions?

If good, Sat or Sun? Post up if you're interesting.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    I'd like to think I'm very interesting. And at least 0.000000000923% of the population agrees!
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    We're riding in the canyon on Sat if you're interesting (I mean interested).

We got a dusting of snow this week, but I would guess that the southfacing park stuff will be fine Saturday. We're supposed to get snow Saturday night though so that is either going to make it great on Sunday or a muddy mess depending on time and temperature.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian

We got a dusting of snow this week, but I would guess that the southfacing park stuff will be fine Saturday. We're supposed to get snow Saturday night though so that is either going to make it great on Sunday or a muddy mess depending on time and temperature.
    Where in the canyon?

Shoulda went faster
    Palmer might be iffy. Just got back from Ute and there was still snow.

Guess I stand corrected. (look up)

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Where in the canyon?
    SW Colorado Springs.

DWF, Palmer is good to go right now. There will be sections to avoid for sure, but it will be in about the same shape as last weekend with a few more snow patches. That's my guess.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

nice marmot.
    When and where are you guys riding? I have been marveling at all the picture postings lately and would love to ride with you guys sometime.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    How is the canyon right now?

I think I can.
    Its been cold for the last couple days so the canyon will be ___________

Bring your studded tires and your mad bike handling skills and it should be a fun day.

last time we rode the canyon was 3wks so conditions will be much improved from that for sure, thinking ice in the trees and clear sailing in the sun, for the canyon about as good as it can get for this time of the year

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian

I don't think I've ever ridden the canyon. What kind of bike is that? What be the dealio for a meet?

Quote of the day...seems applicable here:

“It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shite, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?”
    —Charles Bukowski, Factotum, Black Sparrow Press, 1975

I say we let the good times "roll."
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Your retarded
    Do I see a division of opportunity? One path leads to self torture followed by a bountiful reward in terms of a descent. The other; challenges and obstacles capable offering great defeat or great reward. Choices choices. Canyon or Palmer... Canyon or Palmer... hmmm...

You know, it's been a long time since the hardtail and I have gotten personal...
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

rr
    I don't do PC
    I don't need studded tires, I'm studded enough

Don you've ridden the canyon, unless yer comment was in jest, blow the dust off your trail bike and come out

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder

Don you've ridden the canyon, unless yer comment was in jest, blow the dust off your trail bike and come out
    Is it SS'able for old fat guys? I have a new Doberman DJ bike I've been wanting to get on the trails.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder

No, not in jest. Wait a minute, by "the canyon" we're not talking about a certain trail that has a big rock drop on it are we? Cuz' I said I'd hit that drop the next time I saw it but I was hoping it would be a while yet.....

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Do I see a division of opportunity? One path leads to self torture followed by a bountiful reward in terms of a descent. The other; challenges and obstacles capable offering great defeat or great reward. Choices choices. Canyon or Palmer... Canyon or Palmer... hmmm...

You know, it's been a long time since the hardtail and I have gotten personal...
    It could be a Doby ride!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    I'd like to think I'm very interesting. And at least 0.000000000923% of the population agrees!
    You can count me in so that makes it .000000000924%.

..ouch
    No, not in jest. Wait a minute, by "the canyon" we're not talking about a certain trail that has a big rock drop on it are we? Cuz' I said I'd hit that drop the next time I saw it but I was hoping it would be a while yet.....
    I'm pretty sure the rules state that once you post it on the internet you're committed. Mtbr posts are serious stuff bud.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    I'm pretty sure the rules state that once you post it on the internet you're committed. Mtbr posts are serious stuff bud.
    If you remember correctly, and Nickle will back me up on this, the rule is "if you take your bike up to it, you have to do it or everyone will think you're a huge wuss, whether they say so or not."

..ouch
    If you remember correctly, and Nickle will back me up on this, the rule is "if you take your bike up to it, you have to do it or everyone will think you're a huge wuss, whether they say so or not."
    Yeah, but that was just trail talk. We all know real men are defined by their internet persona.

Your retarded
    Trail talk, yes. I can vouch for the truth in that statement and felt quite wussified at the time. (Dang I've been looking for a good place to use that word in context. Go me.)

As for the validity of that statement as it applies to internet persona's, it is equally true. Don, you're committed. You're options are to hit it immediately upon sight or ride past it blindfolded with a giant spike extruding from your strem; pointed at your eye. Your choice.

I suppose you could ride the canyon on a Pinscher, but a true trail bike might be a little better suited. however, I'm starting to qualify for the old and fat category so if you want I'll just hang back with you and it'll be like a little Dobermann party. Yay-zorz!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Trail talk, yes. I can vouch for the truth in that statement and felt quite wussified at the time. (Dang I've been looking for a good place to use that word in context. Go me.)

As for the validity of that statement as it applies to internet persona's, it is equally true. Don, you're committed. You're options are to hit it immediately upon sight or ride past it blindfolded with a giant spike extruding from your strem; pointed at your eye. Your choice.

I suppose you could ride the canyon on a Pinscher, but a true trail bike might be a little better suited. however, I'm starting to qualify for the old and fat category so if you want I'll just hang back with you and it'll be like a little Dobermann party. Yay-zorz!
    Dooo it. That stuff is damn fun on a burly hardtail.

(slumming over here, because my local trails were juuuuust starting to dry out. then it started pissing down mighty heavily late this afternoon. f**k.)
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    (slumming over here, because my local trails were juuuuust starting to dry out. then it started pissing down mighty heavily late this afternoon. f**k.)
    You gotta love the east Scrub, I remember it well. Some friends of mine live near the Delaware River, they're watching the flood stages carefully.

We need another Holy Roller post! Holy Roller! Holy Roller! Holy Roller!

Ed

rr
    I don't do PC
    There's the upper canyon and the lower canyon, your thinking upper and fortunately for you that's under snow till June so your safe for now

Think 2nd half of the shuttle ride, fast and flowy ST once were done climbing.

Inflexable...
    Imagine this covered in snow...

Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I'm in. I don't know if there'd be any difference between my fat ass climbing on the SS or on the V-Tach and since dual suspension is for sissies, I'll take the V-Tach.

Time & place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast