holding back the darkness

Paging Front Range Migz!!

Dude! You still out there or have you been carried to the land of oz? Chime in so we know you're all right!
    **** censorship

jl
    climb
    From what I can tell the Northern Perimeter is secure and everything and everyone is all right.

overnight ride and camp invite

It could be that after the TenFidy he's 10-10. I would suspect his 10-20 this weekend will be Lyons looking for some more 10-Fidys along with a possible 10-37.

I on the other hand will be 10-7 due to a 10-75.

Anyway, when contacting Migz 10-0.

Out.

Hopefull he's not 10-76'd by this... or the 10-fidy.
    **** censorship

drinks from the fountain

A ok

Miguel and family are OK. Just talked to a mutual friend. Looks like everyone else in the neighborhood cannot say the same.
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by tmosebar
    Miguel and family are OK. Just talked to a mutual friend. Looks like everyone else in the neighborhood cannot say the same.
    And prayers to the less fortunate. I'm still waiting to hear from a friend. My wife stepped out at lunch after her plant on the W side of Windsor lost power and went dark and was staring straight up at it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    My brother lives just east of Timnath, took his garage out, knocked a tree down on his roof. His wife and dog were inside, all are safe. The garage is only 10 feet from his house, amazing.

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Hopefull he's not 10-76'd by this... or the 10-fidy.
    SubShiv, I feel stupid for not getting the tornado connection. I didn't get 'the entire story' until much later. I just saw some of the pictures of the devastation in Windsor. My prayers go out to those that are suffering...

Quote Originally Posted by jl
    SubShiv, I feel stupid for not getting the tornado connection. I didn't get 'the entire story' until much later. I just saw some of the pictures of the devastation in Windsor. My prayers go out to those that are suffering...
    Nah... Migz was just the first mtbr-er that came to mind when I saw what was up... I know there are others....
    I live in east loveland. I worked last night and was napping today when a friend of mine started calling. It took three tries before I answered and I think he he thought I was off to see the wizard. Apparently the original reports said the twister was headed this way.
    So crazy. So random.
    **** censorship

Got a buddy who lives near the Missile Site Park. Said the damage was "surgical" and varied pretty much from one side of the road to the other in places.
    **** censorship

Rolling
    :-O

I saw some crazy footage of leveled homes on the tube.....yikes.

I put myself in the guys shoes who they interviewed-- who said, "I'm gathering what I can and figuring out how to start over."

So easy to watch on TV, so dramatic how it would change your life if it happens.

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Yup, that's where the 1 confirmed fatality was

Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Got a buddy who lives near the Missile Site Park. Said the damage was "surgical" and varied pretty much from one side of the road to the other in places.
    This day was like the the last 2 "100 year blizzards", tornadoes moving SE to NW up the Urban Corridor.

I'm thankful my wife is fine and finally home.

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN

The Migz

He is cool just spoke with him. Ol migz reported a WWWAAAARRRZZOOONNNNEEEEE! about three blocks form his pad was gonna ride the fixie over but the road i ride in on from what he said is ripped up and reported tennis ball sized hail.
    Last edited by Texas Lew; 05-22-2008 at 09:35 PM.
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

........Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?

Feeding your addiction
    That's good to hear. I was just watching the news and remembered he lived in that area so I jumped on here to send him a message and check. Happy to hear he and his family are o.k.
    No house damage?

Larry
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    That's good to hear. I was just watching the news and remembered he lived in that area so I jumped on here to send him a message and check. Happy to hear he and his family are o.k.
    No house damage?

Larry

He lost some sky lights in his sun room and acouple in his back room
    but he said a block or two a way some roofs and garages were trashed
    also thankful he and his fam are OK!
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

........Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?

!Vamos, flaco!
    I live in old town Windsor. It's pretty beat up. My house if ok, but about two blocks east is where houses were torn apart.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

drinks from the fountain
    Glad to hear you are OK Pabs! I knew from a another thread you lived near Migz. It seems damage is completely different from block to block.
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

!Vamos, flaco!
    Glad to hear you are OK Pabs! I knew from a another thread you lived near Migz. It seems damage is completely different from block to block.
    Thanks, man. It's unreal. All the cliches about one house being fine and its neighbor being destroyed are true. It's just a roll of the dice.

Bodhisattva
    One of my employees lives in old town Windsor. Her house no longer exists.

F#cked up day in northern CO
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

single track ****

thanks guys

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words. Just got power back a few hrs ago here. We were lucky just some hail damage to roof, windows, and skylight. My sons babysitters house isn't standing. I'm so thankful he stayed home w/ me that day.Perimeter secure over.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Migz, I bet we are pretty close to each other. I am just west of 7th between Elm and Walnut. All I can say is we are damn lucky the 'path' wasn't shifted to the west by 1/4 of a mile. Glad to hear most mtbr's are better off than those in the Cornerstone area. That neighborhood is destroyed.

It's truly incredible there weren't more lives lost.

single track ****

close indeed

Quote Originally Posted by mtn hack
    Migz, I bet we are pretty close to each other. I am just west of 7th between Elm and Walnut.

Sounds like we're only a few blocks from each other(I'm on Chestnut ). I've seen a turner on a green car a few times in that area. I'll say hi if I see you out. I'm usually on a old blue Jamis or a red Schwinn. Holler if you want to ride sometime.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    Sounds like we're only a few blocks from each other(I'm on Chestnut ). I've seen a turner on a green car a few times in that area. I'll say hi if I see you out. I'm usually on a old blue Jamis or a red Schwinn. Holler if you want to ride sometime.

That would be me.

If I can ever get into any kind of riding shape, I will take you up on the ride.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    How about a team Windsor ride next Sunday? I'm on Oak, near the library, riding my 29er or fixie.

single track ****

I'll negotiate a pass

Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    How about a team Windsor ride next Sunday? I'm on Oak, near the library, riding my 29er or fixie.

I'm in if I can get clearance on the home front. Also, I'm off this Fri- next Wed, and plan on getting some rides in, if you're interested in riding then.