mtbr member
    Jan 2004

OT- Trying to move back to Colorado

I had to move to Kansas City for my job- long story. Anyway, I am dying to move back to the Denver area. Do you guys know the names of any recruiting companies or even companies that are hiring?

I have a Finance degree but have been doing Project Management and Vendor/Account Management at big companies (Ernst & Young, Sprint, IBM) for 6-7 years.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out in case someone knows of some recruiters or companies I can look up or send a resume to. I'm looking already- primarily at companies but I still don't have local insight. I don't even need relocation benefits.

Any idea will be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

being away from Colorado

can be tough. Whenever I lived in another state, for whatever reason, I always felt I wanted to move back "home". Colorado gets in your blood, hard to ignore. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks. Yeah, once you live in Colorado and especially if you love the mountains, rivers, and trails, it's really hard to ever get that out of your "system". Hopefully, I can make it back this year. I miss seeing the mountains, taking my dog for day-long hikes, and of course, I miss the trails like crazy.

VooDoo user.
    Once you leave your not allowed back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I thought that restriction was repealed back in 2001? Damn

mtbr member
    I miss Colorado too, It was very hard when I had to leave it back in February. I don't live there never have but visit once a year and it kills me when have to leave!!! You Coloradan's are mucho lucky, I'd give a nut (figuratively of course) to live there. Maybe one day
    "Hot nasty American Speed"

mtbr member

I know how you feel...

After living the vast majority of my life there (excluding 6 years in Chicago for grad school) my native status was revoked and we were deported to socali (I knew flying that Raiders flag outside my house would come back to haunt me ). Actually it was the Economy. While I'd love to get back it simply doesn't make sense. I'd have to quit my job, cash out the house and move on my own coin-hoping to land a job in a shrinking industry for a fraction of my present salary once I arrived. UUUMMMMM, NO!

Sometimes I think leaving was a mistake... but it wasn't. As much as I miss the geography and lifestyle leaving was the best choice. For those that live there, enjoy it and never take it for granted. Oh yeah, Take lots and lots of pictures. I live vicariously through you now.

Good luck in your search.

TCN (soon to be off to a new experience in norcal, well probably)

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    I had to move to Kansas City for my job- long story. Anyway, I am dying to move back to the Denver area. Do you guys know the names of any recruiting companies or even companies that are hiring?

I have a Finance degree but have been doing Project Management and Vendor/Account Management at big companies (Ernst & Young, Sprint, IBM) for 6-7 years.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out in case someone knows of some recruiters or companies I can look up or send a resume to. I'm looking already- primarily at companies but I still don't have local insight. I don't even need relocation benefits.

Any idea will be appreciated.
    We always seem to have openings for Account Executives where I work. I've sent an email but our HR person is out until Monday. I'll let you know what I hear. For a small company (<100), we have lots of cyclists.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Need any Mechanical Engineers ?? Unfortunately I'm a better biker than ME. Which doesn't say much for my professional side. ;-)
    I'd love to get out to Boulder, Breck, or anywhere outside of the metro Denver area. (currently in the Boston, MA area).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks so much for the help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just another try. Does anyone know of any decent recruiting companies?

I transferred at the time or I may have lost my job but now I have to plan my return. I think the local businesses miss me, given my somewhat spendy ways

Anyway, shoot me a PM if anyone hears of something please.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

coming back home

Just sell everything, buy a van, quit your job, come back here, camp out and ride the rest of the season and see what happens. Assuming you don't have a wife and kids in tow! Maybe you'll meet a recruiter on some sweet singletrack. Stranger things have happened at sea.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    In a way, that's a tempting idea- till I think of sleeping in a Van and having to eat out of a restaurant trashcan. The rest sounds so happy and carefree though

mtbr member
    Flyer, man you just summed up my situations in a nut shell. I have a finance degree from ASU and moved to Broomfield last year and thought the weather was great/with frequent trips to the mountains. However, I opted to move back to AZ to help family build a cabin. Big mistake, currently working account management/sales is the only job I have done to date. Any help finding a gig in Denver area would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm looking around. Send me a PM with your email address if possible. I'll help in any way I can, especially if I see something you may like or be a match for. I wish I worked for a better Director at the time. He told me that he was quite sure they would let me go if I didn't move to the Kansas City area. So I did move and then found out that they would have let me work from Denver. My old Director didn't even ask anyone (I found that out later). Now it's too late. Once we are "local", they will not let us telecommute. Argh- so frustrating!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Are you two smart enough to cook meth?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    no probelm there- we need instruction though. The problem is are we smart enough to prevent an explosion or two? Hmmm..I'd hate to lose the Evergreen trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    duplicate

mtbr member

Lab:

No way, much rather keep it naturaal and go with overgrown weeeds with big buds in the back yard.