Light freak

(OT) Thoughts about beer - by 7 year old kids

This had me going pretty good this morning. Hope it brightens your day!

A handful of 7 year old children were asked ‘What they thought of beer’. Some interesting responses, but the last one from Jack is especially touching.

‘I think beer must be good. My dad says the more beer he drinks the prettier my mom gets.’ –Tim

‘Beer makes my dad sleepy and we get to watch what we want on television when he is asleep, so beer is nice. ‘ –Melanie

‘My Mom and Dad both like beer. My Mom gets funny when she drinks it and takes her top off at parties, but Dad doesn’t think this is very funny.’ –Grady

”My Mom and Dad talk funny when they drink beer and the more they drink the more they give kisses to each other, which is a good thing.’ –Toby

‘My Dad gets funny on beer. He is funny. He also wets his pants sometimes, so he shouldn’t have too much. –Sarah

‘My Dad loves beer. The more he drinks, the better he dances. One time he danced right into the pool.’ –Lilly

‘I don’t like beer very much. Every time Dad drinks it, he burns the sausages on the barbecue and they taste disgusting.’ –Ethan

‘I give Dad’s beer to the dog and he goes to sleep.’ –Shirley

‘My Mom drinks beer and she says silly things and picks on my father. Whenever she drinks beer she yells at Dad and tells him to go bury his bone down the street again, but that doesn’t make any sense, ’cause we don’t have a dog. –Jack

mtbr member
    LMAO!!! That is funny stuff right there

Living the High Life
    I was explaining beer to a 10 year old last summer because he asked why adults drink it. He had an energy drink and I told him that beer is the opposite, it relaxes you. He thought that sounded great and asked why he can't have any. I told him that if he had beer before he's done growing he'd stop. He was only 4'6" or so. So I asked him if he wanted to be that height forever (I'm 6'1") he said no, he wanted to be tall like me. So I said he had to wait to have beer until he was done growing.

He thought that made plenty of sense.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    He thought that made plenty of sense.
    That does make sense! Ithnu, you are a genius and a scholar, sir. When might we be reading about this beer to height discovery in medical journals? I had my first beer on my 21st birthday, now look at me.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    That does make sense! Ithnu, you are a genius and a scholar, sir. When might we be reading about this beer to height discovery in medical journals? I had my first beer on my 21st birthday, now look at me.
    Should have started earlier, I guess

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    When might we be reading about this beer to height discovery in medical journals?
    Well, if it makes sense for a 10 year old I guess you MIGHT be able to follow that train of thought

How else would you explain to a kid that drinking alcohol too young will screw up your health? Simplistic, but he got the idea. Beer when I'm young = bad.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

percocet pioneer.
    The taste of beer was my deterrent when young. How we change...

<100%
    A 10 year old drinking an energy drink......Because they don't have enough energy already?

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831
    A 10 year old drinking an energy drink......Because they don't have enough energy already?
    Hopefully energy drinks have faded away by the time I'm a parent.. I'd never give that garbage to my child.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    Hopefully energy drinks have faded away by the time I'm a parent.
    Good luck with that.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Phase
    Good luck with that.
    Assuming I have a child when I'm 30, and that energy drinks appeal to that child when he is 12 ..it will be 22 years from now. Hope.