Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: OT Subaru

  1. #1
    how heavy are you ??
    Reputation: Scottay5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    706

    OT Subaru

    Have a 2007 Outback. The tail and front accessory lights are not turning off.
    Any ideas???
    TIA
    SCOTT
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

  2. #2
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    Gremlins.

    Srsly, though - take it to Buddy at Mobile Mechanics in Golden. (303) 279-9433

    Or just call him and see if he has any idea... he may be able to help.

  3. #3
    3nf
    3nf is offline
    Aphonopelma Coloradanum
    Reputation: 3nf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    149
    There's a switch on the top of the steering column.

  4. #4
    how heavy are you ??
    Reputation: Scottay5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    706

    Oh yeah!

    Quote Originally Posted by 3nf View Post
    There's a switch on the top of the steering column.
    Just caught it in the manual! Thanks for the info!
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

  5. #5
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    Wow, I knew the saying was if all else fails, read the manual. I didn't know "all else" includes mtbr.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    310
    Ya know there are other forums on the interwebs right? ahem nasioc.com

    We get a little OT here but c'mon!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Gremlins.

    Srsly, though - take it to Buddy at Mobile Mechanics in Golden. (303) 279-9433

    Or just call him and see if he has any idea... he may be able to help.
    +1 for Buddy at Mobile Mechanics. He's one of the best, and honest, mechanics I've run across. I hated getting a Nissan for the fact that I was losing my mechanic.

  8. #8
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    It's the Subaru IQ test. I also scored pretty low when I encountered it on my 85 GL years ago.

  9. #9
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    You know what's dumb? Subaru will let you turn on your running lights independent of other lights but won't let you turn on the fog lights without the headlights on.

  10. #10
    ..ouch
    Reputation: thump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    You know what's dumb? Subaru will let you turn on your running lights independent of other lights but won't let you turn on the fog lights without the headlights on.
    That's stupid-proofing.. they don't want the Subie hipsters driving around using their fogs as headlights.

  11. #11
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    That's stupid-proofing.. they don't want the Subie hipsters driving around using their fogs as headlights.
    It's bad enough the dimwits that drive around with their headlights and fog lights on regardless of weather conditions.

  12. #12
    ..ouch
    Reputation: thump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    It's bad enough the dimwits that drive around with their headlights and fog lights on regardless of weather conditions.
    but it so COOL... especially if you got some tinted wannabe HIDs in there.

  13. #13
    simple
    Reputation: 69erSycip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    You know what's dumb? Subaru will let you turn on your running lights independent of other lights but won't let you turn on the fog lights without the headlights on.
    I'm pretty sure that is a federal law.

    I had to get a euro switch in my VW to bypass that.

  14. #14
    ..ouch
    Reputation: thump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is a federal law.

    I had to get a euro switch in my VW to bypass that.
    State. In CO you can't use anything under 24" as a headlamp. Most states have something similar so most US vehicle manufacturers/importers build in the stupid proofing.

    Most US vehicles are wired to turn off the fogs when you turn on the highbeams for similar reasons.

  15. #15
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    but it so COOL... especially if you got some tinted wannabe HIDs in there.
    I like the ones that have two fogs under the bumper, 4 fogs in the grill, and they're running them ALL. Awesome.

  16. #16
    ..ouch
    Reputation: thump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    I like the ones that have two fogs under the bumper, 4 fogs in the grill, and they're running them ALL. Awesome.
    Hey.. if you have a Subie you need those to go with your high speed, Ken Block-like mountain racing drift skills. Or the moments you're doing some hardcore night wheeling to rescue stuck jeeps and buggies. Gotta be prepared.

  17. #17
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by 3nf View Post
    There's a switch on the top of the steering column.
    Bingo! This problem drove me nuts for a good 2 days before I figured that out.
    Now with more vitriol!

  18. #18
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    Hey.. if you have a Subie you need those to go with your high speed, Ken Block-like mountain racing drift skills. Or the moments you're doing some hardcore night wheeling to rescue stuck jeeps and buggies. Gotta be prepared.
    I was thinking more of the pickups and jeeps with this lighting arrangement... but yeah - the WRC Denver Subaru drivers seem to have it going on too.

  19. #19
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,731
    Man do i miss the brat!
    OT Subaru-brat.jpg

    you youngsters prob never heard of these!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  20. #20
    not actually bad :)
    Reputation: bad_andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    Man do i miss the brat!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brat.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	623349

    you youngsters prob never heard of these!
    Duct tape gas cap cover = $$$
    Old Codger

  21. #21
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,495
    Must be a newer Brat - appears to have a lockable gas door?

  22. #22
    3nf
    3nf is offline
    Aphonopelma Coloradanum
    Reputation: 3nf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    Ya know there are other forums on the interwebs right? ahem nasioc.com

    We get a little OT here but c'mon!
    This is probably a better forum for most Subaru questions these days than Nabisco.

  23. #23
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Must be a newer Brat - appears to have a lockable gas door?
    I think it's an 84... which makes it "newer" in Brat terms.

Similar Threads

  1. Subaru WRX STI - now a Subaru MTB?
    By musikfan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
  2. Subaru
    By Michal in forum Car & Biker
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 03:22 AM
  3. Win a Subaru Legacy in the Subaru Urban Assault Race
    By KeepItSimpleSpeed in forum Texas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 02:30 PM
  4. Win a Subaru Legacy in the Subaru Urban Assault Race series!
    By KeepItSimpleSpeed in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
  5. OT: Anyone have a Subaru WRX?
    By erik99 in forum Car & Biker
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •