Loser
    Mar 2008

OT: Soccer Fields Near Boulder?

Didn't really know where else to post this...

I love to play soccer and have spent the last couple days trying to find some open fields that I can play on around Boulder.

Most of the fields I have found either have no goals, or are closed to the public (I was playing at the Pleasant View Complex but apparently that is only for teams...this guy threatened to call the cops on me and was yelling all kinds of crap).

Places I have tried:

-East Boulder Rec (1 full sized goal with netting, usually taken by teams. There are a bunch of goals that don't have netting though)

-Pleasant View Complex (nice fields, plenty of space, apparently not open to the public)

-Fairview HS (field is usually locked...not sure if I am allowed to play there)

-South Boulder Rec (no goals when I went there, apparently they added some but they are currently chained to each other so you can't use them)

Anyone know of any places I can practice?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    All I know is that soccer fields are great places to practice skidding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlock
    All I know is that soccer fields are great places to practice skidding.
    Wrong, that should be 'golf courses' you speak of. Always wanted to roost a sand trap on a big loud moto

mtbr member
    Back to the OP's question, don't know of any off hand right now. East Boulder Rec is good when empty, but as you pointed out it is quite busy. Try over by Summit Middle school by Hanover & 46th also.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    A few years ago a roommate used to play at Boulder High School. There was a specific day that people showed up for pick-up games but I don't know what it was. There was definitely enough people there that it seemed to be legit.

Rolling
    I'm not sure I understand the question completely.

Are you looking for a pick up game? Or do you have lots of people to play with full teams?

If you have smaller groups, why not just get some cones. Otherwise, unless you want to practice shooting on goals, they are hard to come by.

The only other place I would look are the fields on the S east side of CU. They usually have stuff set up, Not sure if CU folks will run you off or not.

Loser
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I'm not sure I understand the question completely.

Are you looking for a pick up game? Or do you have lots of people to play with full teams?

If you have smaller groups, why not just get some cones. Otherwise, unless you want to practice shooting on goals, they are hard to come by.

The only other place I would look are the fields on the S east side of CU. They usually have stuff set up, Not sure if CU folks will run you off or not.
    Sorry if it wasn't clear. I am just looking for a field where I can go practice free kicks and shoot around etc. I

Thanks for reminding me of the Kittredge field on the CU campus, I will have to check that out.