Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: claystrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    189

    OT - New Brew Pub in Golden

    There is a new craft brew pub going into the old Alpenglow building at Hwy 93 and Washington. Talked with one of the guys last night and they were hoping to have beer flowing after the first of the year

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steadyflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by claystrick View Post
    There is a new craft brew pub going into the old Alpenglow building at Hwy 93 and Washington. Talked with one of the guys last night and they were hoping to have beer flowing after the first of the year
    See this thread: Golden City Brewery

    There are actually 4 breweries opening in Golden in 2013.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rogbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,253
    The old Alpenglow spot was on Hwy. 40 and Lupine. Regardless, more places to drink beer on rides is never a bad thing.

  4. #4
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by claystrick View Post
    There is a new craft brew pub going into the old Alpenglow building at Hwy 93 and Washington. Talked with one of the guys last night and they were hoping to have beer flowing after the first of the year
    New here, eh?
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: claystrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    189

    Brew

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    New here, eh?
    All good FT, just didn't read xcguy's GCB thread till now

  6. #6
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by claystrick View Post
    All good FT, just didn't read xcguy's GCB thread till now
    Just pokin' fun... ain't meanin' no harm...
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: claystrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    189

    Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Just pokin' fun... ain't meanin' no harm...
    Beer es bueno

  8. #8
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    i miss alpenglow
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  9. #9
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    i miss alpenglow
    Me too. I special ordered my Dynastar Assaults from them. Still ski the Assaults every now and then just to prove that you don't have to have fat shaped skis to kill a run. People look at me like I'm riding a 3x8 26er or something silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  10. #10
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Me too. I special ordered my Dynastar Assaults from them. Still ski the Assaults every now and then just to prove that you don't have to have fat shaped skis to kill a run. People look at me like I'm riding a 3x8 26er or something silly.
    I was skiing a pair of these as my daily drivers until just a few years ago...



    Loved those skis.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Me too. I special ordered my Dynastar Assaults from them. Still ski the Assaults every now and then just to prove that you don't have to have fat shaped skis to kill a run. People look at me like I'm riding a 3x8 26er or something silly.
    I've got a set in my garage now. 195s or 198s

    Last time I used them, somebody in the chairlift line said "Hey... cool... OLD SKOOL!"

    Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2012 IndyFab Planet Cross CX
    2013 Kona Raijin SS

  12. #12
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Mark my words - hipsters are going to start skiing old straight skis again... they'll be like the fixies of the ski world.

  13. #13
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Mark my words - hipsters are going to start skiing old straight skis again... they'll be like the fixies of the ski world.

    Shoot me first please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  14. #14
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    i miss alpenglow
    Me, too. Back before Christy Sports owned 'em. When the owner would hand you a beer as you walked in the door...
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  15. #15
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser View Post
    Me, too. Back before Christy Sports owned 'em. When the owner would hand you a beer as you walked in the door...
    Is this when they were over on Colfax?

    I'm still trying to figure out why the OP put "OT" in the title of this thread... there's nothing off-topic about a brewery, is there?

  16. #16
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,902
    Cannonball Creek to open Saturday

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canno...34862203302217
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  17. #17
    Yay! Bikes !
    Reputation: Nick.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,726
    I'll be wandering over on Saturday to see what's what.

    To me the biggest difference between CC and GCB is that CC will be a full downhill ride home on a bike, whereas GCB is an uphill ride.
    Nick.

  18. #18
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    DH ride home FTW!

  19. #19
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Is this when they were over on Colfax?

    I'm still trying to figure out why the OP put "OT" in the title of this thread... there's nothing off-topic about a brewery, is there?
    Yeah. That was a better building for a kayak shop, too - plenty of room to hang boats overhead.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  20. #20
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    I'll be wandering over on Saturday to see what's what.

    To me the biggest difference between CC and GCB is that CC will be a full downhill ride home on a bike, whereas GCB is an uphill ride.
    mayhaps we should do some downhill riding before this festivous event...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  21. #21
    Yay! Bikes !
    Reputation: Nick.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    mayhaps we should do some downhill riding before this festivous event...
    I'm down. (street slang for 'that sounds delightful')

    Or with an afternoon opening, we could grunt up and down El Rancho Blanco and hit up the suds afterwards.
    Nick.

  22. #22
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,722
    I just stopped in there on my way to the office, looks like they're opening at 3pm (which I am sure is in that FB link) and they're gonna have 4-5 beers on tap depending on what's ready. They still have a lot to do from what it looked like (and what the owner/head brewer told me) but they're stoked to open.
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,123

    Yea


  24. #24
    Bad Andy!
    Reputation: GIANTkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    383
    See you all there tomorrow at 3pm.
    Or 1pm for a NTM loop 1st.

  25. #25
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    word, all you alls. moar beer, closer to home. and its inside! lOVE IT
    Golden Bike Park Group

    Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: alshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,560
    Small group hitting Apex around 11 over and down Chimney then meeting up with the NTM crew at 1.
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

  27. #27
    Bad Andy!
    Reputation: GIANTkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    383
    Hope to see OP, Claystrick.

  28. #28
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,902
    I did enjoy the IPA(s)...

    but I was bias, after riding for 4 hours sans food, and a few pitchers at GCB, most anything tasted good

    I will have to give 'er a nother test
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    79
    Beer was good but no food? Not even pretzels or popcorn, let alone happy hour for a grand opening? These guys are going to have to some training in customer appreciation if they are going to make it. Crowded sure as it's new but come on!....

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    255
    How does their IPA compare to GCB (one of my favorite IPAs)?

  31. #31
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGeezer View Post
    Beer was good but no food? Not even pretzels or popcorn, let alone happy hour for a grand opening? These guys are going to have to some training in customer appreciation if they are going to make it. Crowded sure as it's new but come on!....
    you didnt see the food trucks outside the back door?
    They had some aps and such. Worked for me (starving, so anything tasted great)


    Quote Originally Posted by Biopace View Post
    How does their IPA compare to GCB (one of my favorite IPAs)?
    I thought it was smoothe. Hoppy, but not overly.
    A bit lighter and less hoppy than GCB, but quite tastey.
    A better analysis will require moar testing.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,123


    I have to check it out.

  33. #33
    Addicted to Dirt
    Reputation: ingluis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    674
    Went Saturday, the beer was really great and the stuffed jalapeños from the food truck (worldwide vittles) were some of the best I've had.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BobGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    435
    I like beer, so's it's convenient CC is a 5 minute bike ride away.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,123

    tried to go

    Last Friday at 5 ish, pretty good sized cluster there. No parking anywhere near the place but no way to know that until I pulled in the lot. So, unfortunately I headed home.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Fantastic beer...always crowded....love their IPA and Dubbel. Only good/bad thing is that it is within walking distance of my house.
    Cheers.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,123
    I still have not made it in there, it is so crowded all the time it seems. Friday at 5 pm, I called and it was standing room only. When is the other brew pub opening up? Maybe that will relieve some of the pressure.

  38. #38
    Addicted to Dirt
    Reputation: ingluis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    I still have not made it in there, it is so crowded all the time it seems. Friday at 5 pm, I called and it was standing room only. When is the other brew pub opening up? Maybe that will relieve some of the pressure.
    Ride your bike and bring your own chair (or stand), problem(s) solved.

  39. #39
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,902
    Mindbender IPA back on tap...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  40. #40
    MFin' Princess
    Reputation: TVC15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,487
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    you didnt see the food trucks outside the back door?
    Those food trucks didn't serve steak by chance, did they?

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40
    BY summer there will be FIVE brew pubs within walking/biking distance of my front door!
    Well, actually 4 plus Coors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •