SouthernDevilz/RoguePosse
    Feb 2004

OT: Land Surveyors?

wondering if there are any land surveyors on here? i have been thinking about a move to colorado. looked around some job sites for info but not having much luck.

anyone out there might be able to answer some questions?

feel free to pm if you dont want to post on the board

thanks
    www.southerndevilz.net
    www.rogueposse.net

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    I'd look into a civil engineering firm; Jacobs, CH2MHill, URS, DMJM Harris, ect. Good luck. Check here http://www.plsc.net/ and the national board.

Arrrgggghhh!!
    These guys are located right near my condo in Boulder. I don't know anything about them other than they all get to use nice looking Toyota trucks and seem to be able to take them home at the end of the day.

http://www.flatsurv.com/
    Give 'da people 'da air.

Stand back
    I'm a land surveyor. What position are you looking for, and how much experience do you have? It wasn't a good job market earlier this year, but I think things are starting to pick up. I'll ask around and see if anyone I know is looking for somebody.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

SouthernDevilz/RoguePosse
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    I'm a land surveyor. What position are you looking for, and how much experience do you have? It wasn't a good job market earlier this year, but I think things are starting to pick up. I'll ask around and see if anyone I know is looking for somebody.

I would be looking for a party chief position. 10 years experience. Mostly construction but I have done my share of boundary/topo.

I use Trimble 5600 Robotic setup with the CU faceplate. I do have some experience with the Trimble GPS. Also use Terramodel for calculations on construction layout. Paving, buildings, and utilities....etc etc.

Is there much construction surveying around or is it mostly boundary stuff? Also can anyone offer a ballpark salary for said credentials listed above. Do you know if theres alot of traveling involved or not?

Not in a big hurry to move....just checking out the market to see whats going on elsewhere.

Thanks
    Shawn
    www.southerndevilz.net
    www.rogueposse.net